“What a great place!” 4 of 5 stars

and 1 more site!
Save Saved
You added H&B Lodge and Restaurant to your Saves list
H&B Lodge and Restaurant
Principal Tambor1 Km antes de llegar a la playa | 300 mts Sureste de Budget Car Rent, Tambor, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Tambor B&B and Inns
San Jose, Costa Rica
“What a great place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

I am a business traveler and someone recommended this place because of the good price. This place provided what I needed. In the plus side: the wi-fi signal was super strong in my room, the rooms are super clean and air conditioned, TV has cable, service is cordial, the food is very good and the price is excellent.
On negative side: I travel with expensive equipment and was not very happy to see that the door room is a common door knob with key, I think the anyone with enough skill could get in to the room. The owner told me they've never had burglaries, but still, I did not feel super safe. The room I stayed in does not have a desk, so I worked in my computer on the bed, sometimes a little tiresome, It does not have a pool and is like 1K from the nearest beach... not that I care, but if you are on vacation you should know this.
Beside this, I would definitely recommend this place!

Room Tip: The rooms that are closest to the entrance stairs are the closest to the wi-fi signal.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

My brother and I were looking for a place to stay for the night around/about Tambor, and happened upon this small motor hotel and restaurant at a turn in the road, just about dark. After securing our room, which was clean and well appointed, we went down to the restaurant, and were blown away with the level of service, excellence of the chosen menu items, and the reasonableness of the tab. The two brothers who own/operate this sweet little establishment have the hotel and restaurant operations each in their specialty and do very well indeed.
Dinner was remarkable for the quality of the food and its' preparation and presentation. . . the flan with (fresh) raspberry sauce was heavenly and both fish dishes were exactly perfect (they could not have been better in N.Y. or L.A. for instance) due to the chef's training for bro #2, and the tab for dinner with wine and dessert (for we two) was 31 bucks U.S. Breakfast was also memorably remarkable for its freshness and presentation.
Don't pass by this unassuming but special spot!

D. Hayes, Wash. D.C.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Victoria, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

We happened upon H & B Cabinas by chance on the evening of March 13, 2010. There were 4 of us - 2 couples and it was starting to get dark when we passed by this place so we turned around and went in to check it out. What a pleasant surprise. Not only was the price very resonable but the rooms were an adequate size and clean. There were 2 large beds, a bathroom with a shower, a TV and a deck both out front and back. The cabina had a restaurant below so we headed down for a late dinner. The staff was very attentive and friendly and the food was prepared excellantly. It was also presented in such a manner that I had to comment on it. Breakfast (which was included in the room price) was also presented in a beautiful manner. It turns out this cabina is family run by 2 brothers. If they continue running the place in this manner, they should do very well. We would highly recommend this place if you are ever in Tambor.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to H&B Lodge and Restaurant? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about H&B Lodge and Restaurant

Address: Principal Tambor1 Km antes de llegar a la playa | 300 mts Sureste de Budget Car Rent, Tambor, Costa Rica
Location: Costa Rica > Province of Puntarenas > Tambor
Bar / Lounge Beach Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 3 B&Bs / Inns in Tambor
H&B lodge and Restaurant, nested in Tambor beach is the perfect getaway for travelers of all ages. We have a restaurant with a cozy ambiance that offers the best tastes of meat and seafood in the area and great variety of national and international gastronomy. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your H&B Lodge and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage H&B Lodge and Restaurant, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.