“An average stay: nothing WOW, but nothing to complain about.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Thong Ta Resort

You added Thong Ta Resort to your Saves list
Thong Ta Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1894 Latkrabang Road | Latkrabang (nr Suvarnabhumi Airport), 10520, Thailand   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Bang Phli
Krakow, Poland
“An average stay: nothing WOW, but nothing to complain about.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

The hotel is located right next to the airport and offers shuttle services to and from the airport. It's difficult to find where they are in the airport and when I rang twice I was just told to call another number instead of explaining properly and my e-mail the day before concerning this was not answered.

Rooms are what you expect them to be at such a cheap price, we didn't have the breakfast so can't really say. Average service from the staff too.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

I needed a cheap place to crash for a night and this hotel certainly offered that with decent value. Rooms can use some cleaning. They have signs posted everywhere in the room - "if you break ____ we will charge you this much". Those were such eye sore. You can find a better way to re-word these so your guests feel a bit more hospitality!

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

First of all, I want to state that I don't have a high expectation for any overnight transit hotel. I don't pay a whole lot of money for the room and I don't expect to use a lot of their amenities either. Having said that, I do have some criteria that need to be met. I would say that Thong Ta Resort succeeded and failed on those expectations.

Shuttle Service -- I am afraid I have to give them a failing grade on this one. I had to wait more than 40 minutes when I arrived from my late night flight to BKK. That is unacceptable. On the way back to airport was much better. I had to catch the shuttle at 5 AM and the shuttle left without any delay.

Check In -- I usually don't mind the wait if the staff were helping other guests, which was the case. The rudeness from the girl at checkin was just plain bad customer service. She hardly made eye contact, cracked a smile, and always replied with less than 1-3 words.

Room -- I booked my room on Agoda and chose a 'premier room.' The rate is $3 more than a standard room rate. However, I was placed in their new building is much much better than the ones in the old building. The room is new and nice for an airport hotel.

Surrounding Area -- I didn't walk around around as I was too tired. Plus, it was too late to be walking around anywhere anyhow. The area seems to be lively at the late hours though. With that, there are a lot of noises, especially live music playing that you can hear well into 2 AM. If I had arrived earlier I probably would walk around and get something to eat in the neighborhood. It is a plus that the hotel is not in the middle of nowhere.

Room Tip: Book a room in the new building.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Chester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Stayed 1 night in December 2013. As a budget hotel near to the airport this delivers, but compared to other hotels we stayed at in SE Asia of a similar price and standard this falls short.
On the positives, the transfer from the airport was pretty efficient, we were in our room 45 minutes after touching down and that included baggage claim and a minibus transfer that is more like 15 minutes than the 5-10 minutes claimed.
The rooms are large but pretty basic (especially the bathrooms) and the hotel is incredibly loud. As you would expect for an airport hotel, there are people leaving and arriving through the night and the sound really carries and echoes, which woke us up in the early hours of the morning.
When we checked in, it was pointed out that I had booked a double room for 1 person rather than 2 so we had to pay an extra 300baht for the 2nd person. This is clearly pretty standard as the guys were expecting it and seemed pretty apologetic (and other TA reviewers have had the same experience). Whilst it’s a bit underhand from a booking point of view, it mainly annoyed me as I had run my baht down to exactly what I needed to get through the airport and this meant I needed more cash!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

we stayed at this hotel as a family, during transit between two flights. This hotel is incredibly cheap, very well appointed, the rooms were clean, spacious, all recently refurbished. the convenience of airport shuttle is a big plus. we ventured out in the street to have a late diner, and had real thai food for a few dollars. we took a cab the next morning to go the bangkok week end markets, the hotel ordered a cab for us and the experience was very pleasant. in all a very good stay

Room Tip: when coming out of customs, find gate 4, do not go out, find the hotel sign along the large number o...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Just stayed a night as,I guess most guests do while in transit. Pick up from the airport was fine and check in was,swift. We were on the fifth floor and there is no lift. Price of the hotel is low so we were not expecting much and the room was fine for it, being large and clean. We had no issues with noise and a rockhard bed is just like home. However, the awful smell of sewage in the room was nauseating. Obviously there are design flaws and u-bends were not installed when the hotel was built. Apparently this is not an issue in the other building though, so best book a superior room or find another hotel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

We only stayed here for one night rather then spending a 10 hour stop over at the airport, for 3 of us we got 1 deluxe triple room for about $40aud which included a simple breakfast each and hotel transfers. The room we got was one of the modern ones and was more than expected for the price. There's some good little street vendors as well serving alright feeds at 1am at the end of the street.. Well worth the 40bt ! Only about 10 minutes from the airport, if we needed to stopover in Bangkok again we would definitely come back.. Probably not if we were staying longer though.

Stayed December 2013

Been to Thong Ta Resort? Share your experiences!