My Wife and I stayed here for a short break,while trundling from place to tourist place in Sri Lanka. I do wish we had stayed longer. A short walk down to the beach,enough to welcome the beach and sea. The beach into the sea is reasonable gentle and I at 6ft could go out to chest height,quite far. We were in room 12. Above the office,looking out over the pool and monkeys in the trees opposite. The room was large and comfy. The bed,like a real old fashioned 4 poster,with mossie net around. No problems with the bathroom for us. A/c a must,along with the fan. Fridge great for chilled drinks. The breakfast was good and if you want to try Sri Lankan breakfast,order the day before. A bit spicy for some. The evening meals were really good and the days fish,kept on ice for the customers to choose. The pool and garden area are compact,but it was never crowded. The staff are wonderful. From house person to manager. I do wish we had stayed longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury boutique hotel with 16 rooms, surrounded by lush greenery and two minutes walk from the lovely Unawatuna Beach. All rooms are air conditioned, has en suite bathrooms with hot and cold water and mini bar. Some rooms over looking the sea or the the pool. The bungalows surrounded by many trees and view of the jungle. Most rooms have large balconies and on request a hammock will be included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Otel so you can book your Thambapanni Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thambapanni Retreat Unawatuna
- Thambapanni Retreat Hotel Unawatuna