“happy spice” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Gothenburg, Sweden
“happy spice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

the food here is good and the people working very nice. the rice & curry we had was a little bit "boring" but nothing bad. the devilled dishes are fantastic though. be prepared to wait a long time (45min-1hour) for your food.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Shetland
“cooking class”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

This was a great way to learn how to cook traditional sri lanken food. The lady who runs the classes was a very good teacher and her family were lovely too. The food that we made was excellent and we got to eat as much of it as we could before we left. We went back the next day for dinner because it was so delicious. Would definately recommend this place for either eating out or attending the cookery class.

Visited February 2014
kuwait
“Over rated!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

Really don't get the good reviews! We waited over an hour for our food which arrived cold. I ordered the grilled prawns which turned out to be the teeniest shrimps ever. My traveling companion had the 4 curry combo which was also cold. Whilst eating she found a metal staple in her food. We brought it to the notice of the owner and he apologized and said that sometimes it happens.Lol!!!! An average meal that was cold. Avoid.

Visited January 2014
“amazing sri lankan food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I came here twice - breakfast and dinner. The food was some of the best I had in Sri Lanka - very authentic and full of flavor. The meal takes around 40 minutes because it is freshly made but this didn't bother us! Breakfast was also very nice.
Try the ginger tea!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Scotland
“Happy Spice Cookery Class! Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

One of the first things I saw as we wandered through Unawatuna was a little sign tucked in at the side of the road for the Happy Spice Restaurant - cookery class...well, how could I resist?!
There it was, booked- from the choice of 3 possible menus (Vegetarian, Fish or Chicken) I went for the chicken (I figure I can get chicken just about anywhere in the world if I attempt to replicate this... can't guarantee good fish or a decent range of veggies would be available where I currently live in the Middle East)
Chintha, giving the masterclass was brilliant (and very patient with me, given that I may have been slightly hung-over) The range of dishes was also fabulous, obviously my previously hidden culinary skills know no bounds as it was all delicious!
I would heartily recommend giving this a try, even if you are as inept as me in the kitchen. Cintha will make sure that you end up with a fabulous range of food (about 40 metric tonnes of it) and go away feeling very full and rather pleased with yourself. Definitely give it a try!

• Visited January 2014