“nice place but aware for routine” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 52 Restaurants in Unawatuna
Cuisines: Vegetarian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The restaurant is listed in the latest edition of Lonely Planet and Rough Guide. No website as far as I know.
Maastricht, The Netherlands
“nice place but aware for routine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

the intention of this restaurant is very good, also the attitude to food and how to prepare it. But it's difficult to make the same high quality every day. We came there on the special Indian day to eat Indian dosa and we think it could be done better.

Visited February 2013

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“MUST VISIT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Service is very personalized. Food is great....and fresh! We were in Galle for just one night. Accidentally crossed this place and had dinner. Next day, when we were leaving Galle, we went back specially to get tea and cake.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Celje, Slovenia
“If I would have to be vegeterian I would live near this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I hardly imagine a meal without meat but this restaurant persuaded me that vegeterian and vegan food can taste absolutely fantastic. We had a word with the chef. Nicest person ever. Hope to see him and his cooking again soon. Its a definite must try if you are in Unawatuna.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Melton Mowbray Leics
“Not so good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

After enjoying the food at the near by South Ceylon Restaurant we thought that we would try Jina's .The food their is not expensive but its truthful to say that we were disappointed with is quality, the dahl for example was watery and the greeen bean curry had little flavour. In truth I cannot remember the other dishes we had except that non of them were of of very good quality. Maybe we visited it on a bad night but our experience is that the food at the South Ceylon Restaurant was of a much better quality. Also whilst there they were burning a log in the garden which had the effect of smoking all the customers.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
jinasatzimmer, Owner at Jina's Vegetarian and Vegan Restaurant, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Hi and thanks for Your review.
as you mentioned, our neibour - South Ceylon Restaurant offers good cuisine. I have 30 years chef experience and their chef is trained by me.
By the way, I cannot remember the "green bean curry" in our menu, so I cannot comment your insutisfaction.
What you coul find at Jina's - good selection of mexican and Indian food - prepared by myself and under my permanent surveyance.
I would appriciate if you leave your concrete comments on my cuisine
Cincerely yours
Jina (Jinasena)@ jinas@ Zimmer rest, Chef and owner
hong kong
“great food in a quaint setting, by a passionate chef”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Jina's a charming man who is really passionate about the food he puts on the table. He knows so much about cuisines from all over the world!

The food here is excellent and I especially recommend the soup selection (carrot ginger and avocado!) The indian thali is great too!

• Visited November 2012