“Buddhist pilgrimage "Following in the footsteps of the Buddha"” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 20 Attractions in Noida
Miami, Florida
“Buddhist pilgrimage "Following in the footsteps of the Buddha"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I've just returned from an amazing journey to India. I wish everyone who comes to India could see and experience India through the eyes of Shantum Seth. He loves his country and gently exposes an India that I feel privileged to have experienced. Trip is extremely well-planned and everyone in our group (17 of us) was well taken care of. Hotels are clean and safe. The food that is provided is delicious and very safe. No one in our group got sick.
If you're a Buddhist and have a spiritual quest his tour of the Buddhist sites is a true pilgrimage. If you're a tourist/traveller, his knowledge of the history and culture is spot on. To experience and meet the people of the villages in rural India was remarkable. This tour is exceptional and worth every penny. Only 3 days into the journey and I felt if the trip had stopped then I would have gotten my money's worth.

Visited February 2013

Hampton, New Hampshire
“Incredible Journey- Thank you Eleven Directions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My experience with Eleven Directions was absoultely amazing! Shantum, Jagdish, and Charu are some of the most knowledgable and friendliest people I have ever met. They made the experience truely worthwhile. Everyday was an adventure and full of new experiences and also open for us to fill in the gaps with what we would like to do. There was a lot of flexibility with the schedule which made it all so much more enjoyable. I felt safe everywhere I went and also felt like i could ask questions that I may shy away from usually and Shantum would always give an honest answer. I shared so many laughs with Shantum, Jagdish, and Charu and feel that I have made lifelong friends with them. Anyone who is looking for a true cultural experience and alot of fun should invest in spending their time in India with Eleven Directions.

Vacaville, California
“Buddhist Pilgrimage, Agra, Ajanta, Ellora! "Thank you" only begins to express my appreciation...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This February & March, I enjoyed the wonderful experience of a first-time India visitor. Eleven Directions provided a happy, safe & poignant visit through the homeland of the Buddha plus some more modern aspects of Indian society.
Shantum's explanations helped our group to deeply touch ancient spirituality.

I added on the Agra option -- Agra Fort & Taj Mahal...Very happy to have seen & comprehended these sights.

I also added the Ajanta & Ellora option -- This was the surprise of my tour as these sights may have left the deepest impression upon me. I could have spent all day within one of the Ajanta caves. If you take the Peepal Pilgrimmage, please consider if you can afford the time and money to visit these international treasures.

Visited February 2013
New York City, New York
“Wonderful Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This trip was informative and enjoyable, and our guide Shantum happily shared both his extensive knowledge and personal connections with us. It was a great way to see India.

Exeter, New Hampshire, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Thank you Shantum and Eleven Directions!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

My experience in India was absolutely amazing! Shantum, Charu, Jagdish and others were wonderful! We were a large group of educators and each of us students yearning to experience and feel India. We were not disappointed. We felt valued, protected and taken care of, yet there was an open dialogue about our goals and expectations for the experience. We were able to meet the people of India, learn first hand about the religions and had wonderful meals. I feel so very fortunate to have met Shantum who has taught me things that will impact my life forever. Thank you all!