We had decided to go to Zanzibar and the resort was chosen purely on price. Several reviews made us a little wary of staying here but were totally unfounded. The room and verandah were excellent.the food was good and the wine was just about OK. The white wine was " sherrified" which often happens in warm climates, but my wife drank it with ice cubes! The red wine was fine.the staff were unfailingly polite and helpful- especially Winston and Freddy.
The beach was fine and the walk out to the lagoon was not at all treacherous, and the snorkelling was great . Go there , and ignore reports of people who have had a bad time. Each room has a safe- use it and you won't lose your phone!
- Also Known As:
- Karafuu Beach Hotel Pingwe
- Karafuu Beach Hotel
- Karafuu Hotel Beach
- Karafuu Resort Beach
- Karafuu Beach Resort And Spa Zanzibar/Pingwe
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On a deserted white sandy beach, at 65 km from Stone Town, lies Karafuu Beach Resort and Spa, an international five-star hotel, winner of the World Travel Awards as Tanzania Leading Resort and Africa Leading Beach Resort 2011 .It is one of the most luxurious hotels on the east coast of Zanzibar, where, even during low tide, it’s possible to enjoy a comfortable swim in the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, HotelsClick and Expedia so you can book your Karafuu Beach Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.