I've been to a lot of resorts and this one might be my favorite. The food is terrific, the staff is super friendly, and the setting is pure paradise.
The only shortfall is the beach - it's got a big coral reef right close to short, so you can't jump right in the ocean from the shore. You have to walk out on the jetty - which is pretty fun anyway.
Oh and the Wifi/Cell connectivity is dismal. Don't bother...just turn it all off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On a deserted white sandy beach, at 65 km from Stone Town, lies Karafuu Beach Resort and Spa, an international five-star hotel, winner of the World Travel Awards as Tanzania Leading Resort and Africa Leading Beach Resort 2011 .It is one of the most luxurious hotels on the east coast of Zanzibar, where, even during low tide, it’s possible to enjoy a comfortable swim in the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Venere, Otel and HotelsClick so you can book your Karafuu Beach Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Karafuu Beach Hotel Pingwe
- Karafuu Hotel Beach
- Karafuu Resort Beach
- Karafuu Beach Resort And Spa Zanzibar/Pingwe