“Peaceful Retreat” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tsaben Beach Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Limbe
Tsaben Beach Hotel
You added Tsaben Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Idenau Road(Mile 11), Limbe, Cameroon   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Limbe B&B and Inns
United States
“Peaceful Retreat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have been to this hotel twice: once in 2010 and again in March of 2012. This hotel was one of the best places I stayed at during each of my three week trips in Cameroon. I'll start by saying that the location is fantastic! The hotel sits on a hill overlooking its private volcanic sand beach below. Swimming is a convenient activity because the beach is so close. On the right side of the beach, there is a freshwater spring hiding between two massive rocks that is fun to explore. The hotel also has an open-air building with tables just above the beach for picnics and dinners by the ocean. The hotel itself is quite pleasant. There are several different buildings, including the main restaurant, the room huts, and even a conference-style room for meetings. Unlike most other places I stayed at in Cameroon, this hotel has individual bathrooms for its rooms. After squatting over pit latrines and toilets without seats for days at a time, these bathrooms were especially pleasant.

This hotel provides a peaceful and traditional experience. The food is prepared fresh, so you should not expect it to come out as fast as pre-cooked restaurant food. The hotel is about 20 minutes outside of downtown Limbe, which helps keep traffic and noise to a minimum. I enjoy walking from building to building to get fresh air, so the "open campus" feel worked well for me. There is no pool or fitness center, but I didn't find this to be a problem because the beach is so close and I walked everywhere I went.

I definitely enjoyed my stays in Tsaben Beach Hotel. It provided a great way to swim and take a break from the hustle and bustle of Douala and Yaounde.

Room Tip: The hut-style rooms had new air conditioners last time I was there, so those proved to be quite comf...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I found the beach here to be remarkably beautiful. The room I stayed in was very clean and spacious. I felt very comfortable there. The food was outstanding as well. The views from here were beautiful. I stayed here for a few days with my friends, and all of us had a good time. The staff was also incredibly nice! I would love to go back there, and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Our whole group found great pleasure in our stay at the Tsaben Beach Hotel in Limbe. Cameroon is a beautiful country, full of beautiful people with a lot to share, but it is also a busy place with the challenges of developing countries. Our group spent time in Yaounde and Douala as well as Dschang and some smaller towns. Limbe was our last stop, and we all wished we'd gone there sooner. Didn't want to leave that place! A great experience. Incredible food and wonderful people. All my friends would love it!

Colorado Spring, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The rooms were very well kept, and all the people were friendly. I felt right at home. Not to mention I never had a bad meal. Definitely some of the best food I tasted who I was in Cameroon. To top off my experience here, the location on the beach was ideal! It made for gorgeous scenery and fun afternoons! I would go back in a heartbeat!

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I spent almost ever summer when I was in Cameroun at this hotel. It is one of the best hotels you would find in the area. It is quite, clean, the staff is very welcoming, and the view is amazing. My favorite thing about the location of this hotel is the view. At night you can see the beautiful Island of Malabo and watch the waves crash the shore. Sometimes it could be very rainy but the manager does his best to provide transportation into the city so you at list have something to do.
The food at this hotel is amazing for a reasonable price too. and any body who visits should try the Tsaben salad along with the grilled fish.It is the best thing you would ever have I think.
Overall, I think any one who visits Cameroun should visit this hotel. Give it a chance and I promise you wouldn't regret it.

Room Tip: Any room you choose would be comfortable.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Stuttgart, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

we have been 2 days in Tsaben Beach Hotel, it was the best hotel we have had during our 2 weeks in Cameoon (clean rooms, good beds). We had very excellent dinner and nice view from the terasse and also nice view at the beach bar. So everything was excellent and I say this in the name of all persons of our group of 15 people. Especially I want to remark the gentil and friendly service.

It is not easy to leave now back to germany.

Achim from Stuttgart, Germany

There is no piscine and fitness room, but I could not uncheck the button

Room Tip: The double bed houses are better than the single room houses, but anyway it it perfect
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Ngaoundere, Cameroon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

what a marvellous christmas holidays. from the 31 december2012 to the 2nd january 2013, i spent my honey moon with my beloved husband at that hotel in limbe. we got there at 5 pm and the warmth with which the staff welcome us made us to understand that we had done the best choice by going there. once inside, whao! i was quite astonished to see the confort of our bedroom. we rested a bit and no matter the little problem with the steward during diner, mostly caused by the fact they had a large number of clients to attend to , i can assure you that my staying in that modern style cameroonian hotel gave me the pleisure and the desire to come back. the beach was just a dreamy one, clean, calm and welcoming. the manager is a very sympathetic person and is always available to satisfy his clients least need.

pay them a visit only to discover by yourself and surely you will come back satisfied.

i enjoyed it and my darling too!

Room Tip: any bedroom has a good seaview. it is more enjoying to observe from far.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Tsaben Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!