“2 nice days on the ocean” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Beaches, Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: All Inclusive Deep Sea and Reef Fishing Adventures in El Salvador. Located in the heart of the largest Coral Reef in the America's Pacific Region "Los Cobanos"
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
30 attraction reviews
“2 nice days on the ocean”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

Fished with Luis for 1 day and and his partner the second day, both days Chepe drove. Boat was a panga typical for the area. It did have shade which was great. After reading some of the other reviews was really expecting 2 excellent days of fishing. However they do call it fishing and not catching. Each day we caught about 8-10 small skipjack Tuna we were really hoping for dorado or roosterfish or almost anything else but oh well thats fishing. One word of caution we struck a deal for a set rate of $330/day plus gas which everwhere else I've fished means gas used. well for 2 days approx 12 hrs (60hp) of trolling we where charged $170 in gas which was about $100 more than I expected.

Florida
“Best offshore trip I've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2009

Without a doubt the best offshore fishing trip I've ever been on! We couldn't stay in motion for more than 2 minutes most of the day without a hookup, many of those being doubles and triples. Captain Chepe and his first mate were awesome as well. Definitely put us on the fish and kept us there. This trip will be what I judge future excursions against.

Greg

el salvador
“got the rooster”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2008

had a blast fishing with luis. he definately knows where the fish are at. my group and i are here on buisness and we decide to go on a fishing trip. really glad we chose fish el salvador. it was a great experience catching all of them rooster fish (7 total). my group and i are definately looking forward to going again and again. thanks alot luis.

florida
“Great fishing with a Great crew.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2008

We went out on a reef trip with Capatin Luis and crew. We were able to catch Jack Craval, Tuna and the highlight of the trip were the seven Rooster Fish. I had seen them caught on TV shows and had always wanted to catch one. This made my year! We landed seven. We are already planning a trip to go again.If you are planning a trip to ElSalvador and want to fish, then look no further than Fish El Salvador.

Guatemala
“Los Cobanos equals Billfishing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2008

I am from Guatemala and normally billfish at Itzapa (sailfish bay), and we were in El Salvador for a week with some family members and staying at Decameron Salinitas. One week at Decameron was a bit too much since we couldn't get out and do as much as we wanted, however my cousin Frank suggested we go fishing and we looked up Fish El Salvador via the internet.
We spoke to Luis, the owner and he recommended we go fishing since it was the beginning of the billfish season. Excellent choice! Luis and staff were on time, knowledgeable, and well prepared. The equipment was in great shape, the food we had for lunch was terrific, and the company aboard the "mahi mahi" was priceless! Rene, Chepe, and Luis make a great team and they really know hoe to work and take care of the billfish.
We caught 16 mahi mahi's and landed 4 sailfish...all RELEASED!!!
We even came back early to fish near shore with rappalas and landed a few spanish mackerels and 1 rooster.

A 6 star fishing adventure!