“I give up” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 2 restaurants in Hunningham
Cuisines: English, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
“I give up”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 NEW

I've spent months defending it against other critics, but now I give up! Poor service, under staffed and generally just not interested. The 1 member of serving staff was run ragged but tried hard. A really a hot balmy Thursday night with 1 member of staff front of house and 1 bar staff - it's not good enough and it's not rocket science - you say you're interested, but your actions show something completely different - a village pub/ restaurant, devoid of villagers, virtually empty on a hot summers night and doing nothing to change it - you're strangling the life from this once vibrant, busy boozer. Step up to the challenge, engage the villagers, staff it accordingly and watch it grow - continue as you are and you're money will be as mine was tonight - ill spent!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere

58% Recommend
Rugby, United Kingdom
“Not as good as last time...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014 NEW

I had received a phone call from an American colleague visiting Warwickshire with his family, inviting Myself and my wife to dinner, could we recommend somewhere? After a short discussion, I felt this was the obvious choice in terms of location and we visited here on three occasions in 2013. I had explained to our visitors how they would love this place, the location, the ambiance and the food. Quite frankly, when we arrived, I was disappointed.

The location is fantastic and for a summer evening drink, it would be hard to beat. But the food was distinctly average (and not cheap). Unlike last time, there was no local menu choices (certainly they weren't labelled as such). Our starters, were frankly unidentifiable - we had to ask what they were and our waitress had to go back to the kitchen at one point to confirm! The main courses were over-cooked, to the point we were considering sending them back, but our guest were too polite, but left almost all of it.

Overall, it is a great location and does have a nice atmosphere, but a little more attention to detail would no go amiss. We will go again in the hope that things improve or this was just a bad night, but as the title says, sadly, it wasn't as good as last time.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Need more attention outside”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Went for a meal with our dog on a Wednesday night. Didn't feel appropriate to eat with dog inside and it was a nice night to eat outside. unable to run a tab because of being outside (understandable) but no option given. Food was lovely... Chicken burger and pulled pork option, no complaints there. A bit peeved that 'help yourself to cutlery and sauces outside' which were wholesaler standard sachets (given the price of meals) and upon delivery no "enjoy your meals", let alone any check back, we have paid the same price as inside customers. Upon retrieval of plates... No "was everything ok?"..... Do you not care about outside custom? a little attention to detail wouldn't go a miss... In summer you ARE running an 'outside' restaurant...

“Pleasant..... Not Amazing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Booked for a Birthday celebration (3 adults) and was feeling excited as I had heard positive reports and recommendations.

Staff pleasant enough on arrival, nice décor, lovely location,. However, service was not the best, olives were very salty could not eat, we were kept waiting for drinks order at table, the food was ok..... nothing to rave about. Would not rush back. Little bit disappointed as it was a Birthday meal, we all felt the service could have been more attentive. I would give it a 7/10.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“It's not service it's delivery”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I live locally and popped in for lunch with my partner. The menu struck me as pricey however I was excited about what was obviously going to be a very good lunch. Wrong. I had to go outside get a table number to order, I couldn't run a tab and I was directed to the cutlery and condiments on my way out. This place rides on its ambience and location, from my experience typical of a family run business that has no eye for rudimentary customer service.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere