“Excellent Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Slight delay in my review as myself and my partner stayed here for my birthday in November.
However, I would firstly like to praise the excellent customer service by all the staff and manager during our stay and beyond. The beyond I will come to later!!!
Anyway, as stated, a one night stay for my birthday as a deal from money supermarket. Exceptional value for money. Spa access, dinner, bed and breakfast. The spa access was very relaxing albeit small but the outside hot tub with a glass of bubbly on a cold November day was great. The relaxation room I could have stayed in all day reading my kindle (more about kindle later!) - timed well as there was only ourselves and another couple so although small it felt as though you had all facilities to yourself. Onto the room, a slight mix up as I booked a double but got a twin but this wasn't a major problem and was managed well by the receptionist who, to make up for this oversight offered a complimentary late checkout. We were more than happy with this. Spacious, very clean, welcoming and overlooking fields - really nice and comfortable. Evening meal was booked and the dining room was spacious, well set out and the food was excellent, very good choice especially at breakfast and staff were very attentive and nothing was any trouble. Meandered into the bar after our evening meal which was quiet but still had atmosphere due to various Christmas parties happening around the hotel, this didn't disturb us, added to ambiance and following our meal we had a nice and relaxing evening. Check-out, no problem, we then spent the day in York. When we got home, I realised I had left my Kindle. I immediately contacted the hotel receptionist who went and physically searched the room but to no avail, I contacted them again the next day and again, they checked, along with housekeeping but again to no avail. I emailed the manager who personally checked the room and again to no avail, a complete mystery and annoying as I was midway through an excellent book!! I left my details so should my Kindle turn up they could contact me. I didn't think I'd be seeing it again!! However, guess what, a few weeks later I received an e-mail out of the blue informing me that my Kindle had been found and would be posted first class recorded delivery ensuring it arrived safely the next day. Wow, this was excellent customer service and I cannot thank the staff and manager enough for this. To be honest, the staff were excellent and even though there were a couple of very minor issues, I contacted the hotel directly rather than air them on a public forum. In summary, we had a great stay, lovely hotel and we wish the staff and management well. Will we return. Absolutely.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
PhilipRoberts1, Owner at The Bridge, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. I am also so pleased that we were able to find your Kindle, & return it to you. Thank you so very much for your kind comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

My Mum and myself visisted The Bridge Hotel and Spa as a treat to ourselves over the Christmas holiday (Thursday 27th Dec to 28th).
We booked the deal through moneysupermarket.com earlier in the year. It cost us a total of £50 each and we got alot for our money :-)
For example:-
Bed and breakfast,
Five course evening meal,
A Twin Room, (very comfortable and modern)
a Time slot to visit the amenities of the Spa with a glass of bubbly (We didnt try this as out time slot was for the day we were due to leave :-( )

The room was very comfy with toiletries provided.
The evening meal was really nice. I had, Smoked makeral to start, potatoe and watercress soup with a roll, then manderin sorbe, carvery for mains (the meat was melt in your mouth) and then cheesecake with manderin icecream for dessert.

Prices for drinks were slightly above average but thats to be expected in a spa hotel.

The breakfast buffet! :-) WOW!! Fantastic!!
Bacon, sausage, fried egg, boiled egg, eggs benedict, poached egg, beans, hash browns, freied bread, tomatoes (injuice) black pudding, mushrooms! and thats just Full english!
There were yogurts, cereal, porridge, toast, fruit & fruit juice on offer! The extent of the Breakfast was the best ive every had and the quality second to non :-)

The hotel is a mixture of really old and new/modern. Really nice, not too posh but you feel well looked after and comfortable.
A really fantastic break for couples and Mums and Daughters! We enjoyed every minute and its something we will consider again.
Thanks :-)

Room Tip: Although it is next to the A1 motorway, you would never know :-)
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
PhilipRoberts1, Owner at The Bridge, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Many thanks for your review, I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit to The Bridge. I am so pleased you enjoyed our special breakfast so much; we do try very hard to give our guests a wide array of choice. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Doncaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband arranged a weekend away at The Bridge Hotel and Spa near Wetherby, for us to take a final break before returning to work after the holidays. We arrived at The Bridge at 2pm to enjoy a three hour spa experience - the outdoor hot tub was my favourite! Inside facilities include a sauna, steam room, Japanese footbaths and a relaxation room which was a comfortable place to read or just have forty winks before showering and redressing.Treatments were also available but on this occassion we chose not to indulge. Compared with other spas that we have been to it didn't have the same amount of facilities but it was clean and we were provided with (returnable) robes, towels and slippers.
The staff were all friendly and welcoming.As part of the supermarket.com deal that we had booked through, we were entitled to a 5 course evening meal and a glass of bubbly - wow! Every course was delicious and the waiters were very efficient in clearing away and bringing out the next course. By the end of the meal we were fit to burst!
Our room overlooked fields and was comfortable and clean. The breakfast was self service and included cereals, fruits, cakes and pastries as well as the usual full English. However, as we were still full from the night before we had small portions.
It was a lovely peaceful weekend and we would return. On the Saturday afternoon, we went for a stroll around Knaresborough (just a few miles away) and had a coffee and a bite to eat in the Lavendar tearooms- very quaint with homecooked food and cakes and very popular, as we had to queue to get a table.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
PhilipRoberts1, Owner at The Bridge, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
I am delighted that you enjoyed your spa break with us so much, thank you for your very kind comments. It is always very rewarding to recieve comments when our guest enjoy our hotel. Thank you again, we hope to see you again soon.
Hull
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

This was my second stay at the Bridge and I'm pleased to say that it was better than the first.
the room was tidier and the decor cleaner than previous, the reception staff were great and generally the rest of the staff also.
I will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
PhilipRoberts1, Owner at The Bridge, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
I am delighted to understand that you enjoyed your return visit to The Bridge, thank you for your feedback. We hope to welcome you back for a 3rd time very soon.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

went for a night away on jan 5th as a new year treat. bought a groupon voucher for spa access, glass of bubbly, 5 course dinner breakfast & over night stay for £99. for this price what we got was fantastic.

on arrival the checking in process seemed to take an age. once in the room we then had to go and check in again to the spa which again took a long time and had started to eat in to our alloted time in the spa. This wasnt really a problem as the spa is quite small so would be hard pushed to spend the full 3 hours alloted time in there. i ahd already read reviews so was aware the size of the spa but did hear a lot of comments by the people in the spa at lack of pool and gym. what was there was very nice though.

the room was a nice size. we were on the frton of the hotel nr a very main road and the noise of the road was not noticed. i even listened for it after reading reviews about it being a problem. the bed was comfy & the room all clean throughout.

The bar was nice but didnt have any music so was a rather dead atmosphere so didnt spend too mum time in there but it was nice.

The resteraunt is big & airy and the staffwere incredibly attentive. The food was lovely..although there was alot of it (what do you expect for 5 courses!) so i was stuffed. The breakfast selection the next mornign was very extensive and what ihad was very nice.

OVer all a very good stay, good staff & nice food.

I would recomment it as a stay if you are in that area, but personally i dont think i'd make the extra effor to go back again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
PhilipRoberts1, Owner at The Bridge, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your visit; but appreciate your constructive comments.
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

It's a fantastic hotel which caters for all types, whether a couple or a family I believe it has something for everyone. We've been using this hotel for over 15 years and it never fails to deliver on every level (food, staff, rooms and experience). Our last visit was for the santa sunday on the 16th Dec 2012 and it was fab. If it wasn't we'd not keep travelling 130 miles round trip to visit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
PhilipRoberts1, Owner at The Bridge, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Thank you for your very kind comments, I am so pleased you enjoyed your recent visit to The Bridge. Indeed, Santa Sundays are a wonderful occasion here, I am, so pleased that you enjoyed it so much. We look forward to welcoming you back.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

I have now stayed at the bridge twice for different friends weddings and think the hotel is lovely.
The most recent stay we hadn't booked but then decided we would like to stay after a friends wedding and as there was a room left the staff were extremely helpful in letting us book the room. Although the bathroom was separate it was just across the corridor and the room was nice and big.
The breakfast was fantastic and I would not hesitate to stay again in the future.
I am visiting the hotel this Saturday as a birthday treat in the spa followed by afternoon tea which I am certainly looking forward to. I have no doubts that the hotel will live up to my expectations

• Stayed February 2012
PhilipRoberts1, Owner at The Bridge, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience of The Bridge. I am so pleased that we looked after you, & indeed you enjoyed both visit to The Bridge so much.

Been to The Bridge? Share your experiences!