“Will be back” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Ensenachos

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cayo Ensenachos
Iberostar Ensenachos
You added Iberostar Ensenachos to your Saves list
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Villa Clara, 52700, Cuba (Formerly Royal Hideaway Ensenachos)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cayo Ensenachos
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Vancouver
“Will be back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Was there from Nov 27 to Dec 4. Overall of this resort was good.

- Beach 5 out 5

-Never had a problem getting a chairs
-Beach service was great(having ice cream on the beach was nice) never had a problem getting service.

-Beach entertainment 3 out 5
-Beach staff are way to competitive.
on one occasion playing volleyball a young girl ask to play and the staff was hesitant to let her play tell the mother that she could get hurt .with the player on the court we said that it would be okay for her to play
I have been to many other resort at no time a staff member would say no to a player of any age to play.

A al cart restaurants were very good basically each restaurants had there theme , the only thing that all the al cart should do is improve on the appetizer and salad bar. Service for the al cart restaurants was awesome.
Food 4 out 5
Service 5 out 5

Checking in was very straight forward. (4 out 5)
Checking out was very cold, the lady at the counter just ask for my name and room card. All she said was bye.(2 out 5)
The management should look into this. No way a customer should be treated like that.

The entertainment staff work hard every night to put on a great show, thank you (5 out 5)
The piano bar was awesome the service and drink was top notch. The piano player were awesome. (5 out 5)Thanks for making my cappuccino every morning.

Housekeeper were awesome did a great job cleaning our room. Thank you
love the towel art. (5 out 5)

groundkeeper did a great job around the resort.(5 out 5)

Overall this resort is good but a few things could make this resort better.
-better direction to get around the complex
-repair all lighting in the pathway so that a flashlight is not require at night.

Yes I would recommend this resort to my friends and co working, I know that every resort has bad day but this resort had more good days then bad. Thank you for a great time. See you in Feb 2014.

Room Tip: Bungalow 29 was close to all amenities
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Brenda C, General Manager at Iberostar Ensenachos, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear BC35,

On a behalf of the staff and management here at Iberostar Ensenachos we would like to thank you for your nice review. We all are hardworking people always seeking the best for all our clients and also let me inform you that we do have a new staff at the front desk manager in order to refresh and also to give the best customer service. Should you choose our hotel, or some other Iberostar Hotels, for your next vacation, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Wish you all the best,

Brenda Correa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (705)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Myself and three other friends visited this resort in November for two weeks (12-26). This was my first time travelling to cuba, and it definitely won't be my last! Cuba has exceeded my expectations by far. The resort it self is beautiful, the rooms are gorgeous and everything is well landscaped and taken care of on a daily basis. Nice paths to get to where ever you want to go, they also offer cart service in case you ate too much at the buffet and need a ride home. There are a few pools you can go explore that are family friendly or you can visit their spa pool if you want something less stimulating aka no bar or kids. The beaches here are beautiful! we caught amazing weather so most of the time was spent on megano beach, there is also ensenachos beach which is also beautiful but didn't include our favourite bartenders Yadima and Amaury. There is plenty of space on the beach to catch a chair or a hut and just relax all day. Best part you don't have to move because Yosmel from the bar will come take your drink order while singing catchy tunes like jaunes's 'tengo la camisa negra'. Something i haven't seen on past resort vacations was an on duty life guard, here on the beach they had a very hard working life guard by the name Andrés , thank goodness for him he helped us a lot! If lying on the beach all day isn't your thing they also have tons of activities to do to fill your time by probably the best animator or person ever named Lester!! He'll teach you to salsa, play volley ball, or tell you a hilarious joke (you'll never be bored trust in this) After our beach all day we'd usually go to the megano beach buffet which has the absolute BEST staff ever! Denys Rodriguez, Daniel, Yuri, thank you all for being so accommodating definitely service doesn't get any better than this you guys definitely deserve some recognition I've heard strange things before coming here about the food, but if you wanna talk all organic this is exactly what it is . Everything we ate was excellent they have amazing chicken, rice , milk and pretty much anything you'd eat at home we had absolutely no complaints, the buffet accommodated almost any type of eater and also had amazing service (thanks Pavel!) In the lobby they have live entertainment with beautiful instruments that are well played, and have two bars that are open. They also have nightly entertainment shows that definitely have talented people running the show. Animator Nyumi is the host of the show and is absolutely amazing and talented, she also can play a mean game of bingo she is definitely someone you'd want to find for entertainment, great fun! The only down part i think of this resort is their disco. Although we are fun people our selves , we can only entertain each other for so long-the disco probably would need some more work, new music, and that would attract more people. Thank goodness for our usual bartenders roger and Alexander who made us the usual telegrama that would give us the courage to salsa dance with junior the other animator that was a super talented dancer and teacher. Everyone was worth a mention because quite honestly the Cuban people totally make the vacation, I've travelled to many places but have never experienced such warm people. I would recommend this resort to everyone! Looking forward to coming back next year!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Ezezov,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar Ensenachos for your so valuable vacations.

Thank you very much for your good comments and reviews about the hotel, staff and services, opinions like yours are very important to keep working every day to exceed the expectations of our customers and achieve ever greater improvement of our staff.

Hoping that you do decide to visit us in the future please accept our best regards

Carefully

bc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

This was our 4 th trip to Cayo Santa Maria, but first time in this hotel.We both had super good time and huge part of it was because we choose Iberostar Ensenahos .Staff in this hotel will make your vacations sunny even on rainy days.Our needs were met in 100 %. I have very sensitive stomach but this time the food was just right. .I would like to thank everyone for making our vacation unforgetable.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 4120,close to Megano and Ensenachos beach.
Dear Faraonka,

Thank you for your review and for taking the time to share your suggestions and comments about your stay at Iberostar Ensenachos, we are glad to know that you felt welcome since your arrival and I am sure that everything was as you have expected and that helped you to make your vacations a "lovely" one. We hope you can visit us again someday

Regards,

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

This is my first review so bare with me. If you don’t want to read my essay please skip down to the conclusion at the end.

We stayed at this resort for a week in late November and thoroughly enjoyed our vacation overall. We are a family of five (4 adults and 1 child) and we stayed in the family side of the resort. This was a great family resort, with lots of younger kids and mature adults. We were disappointed with the hotel and I will go into detail below. Lets start off with the positives:

Staff: The staff were 5 stars: well trained, very nice, happy, never looking for tips but appreciated them, always saying hello, very accommodating, gave you rides in golf carts, etc. We were unable to go on the group tour of town with our traveling company, but the hotel coordinator was able to arrange a taxi for us to take to the must-see areas. And it was excellent. The trainer at the gym was very helpful too. The gardening staff were also very nice, we tipped a few of them and they were extremely appreciative. If you sit by the beach sometimes they go find coconuts for you to drink which was great. Then they come back and crack open the coconut and you can eat the flesh inside. It was delicious.

Drinks: I’m not a big drinker and haven’t been to many bars, so it’s difficult for me to accurately compare, but the handful of drinks I had were all delicious and well made. They had a large variety to choose from too. Our family had a ton of cappuccinos and those were really good too. I enjoyed the espresso as well.

Rooms: The rooms were spacious and well cleaned. The bathrooms looked stunning and they had nice flat screen TVs in each room with a DVD player. They had a handful of good English channels which I appreciated, but didn’t have much time to watch.

Beauty: The hotel is basically in the middle of a forest with pathways carved out to the various areas. So it’s very green and beautiful, although I personally prefer a more open layout. The walkway to beach was long and beautiful and the beaches themselves were great too.

Kids pool: The kids pool was pretty amazing with slides, a pirate ship, water spraying everywhere, etc. If I was a kid I would LOVE the mini water park they had.

Entertainment: Absolutely 5 stars. It was very professional and a great watch every night that we went. Those guys and girls can dance really well. The only suggestion I have is that they need to have some sort of break during the show. The evening shows were roughly an hour long with NO stopping between the dancing or the music. When one dance crew left, the other jumped in right afterwards with music blaring the entire time. So downtime midway through the show would be nice. They also had an orchestra/band that planned some nights in the lobby which were excellent as well.

Desserts: The desserts were excellent. I have been to two other resorts and this place was WAY better when it came to the desserts. They had a decent selection every night, with minor variations from night-to-night. Cakes, pastries, ice creams, cookies, and puddings were all 5 star!

With that said, the cons of this hotel outweighed the pros. And here is why…

Food: To me, the food at a resort is one of the most important things to consider when choosing which resort to stay at. I'm never picky and absolutelay love food. I pack on the pounds when I visit these all inculsive resorts, but a this one, my weight remained unchanged. I’ll start with my minor complaints.
-In my opinion every resort would benefit from having a greeter stand at the entrance of the buffet with a bottle of hand sanitizer and sanitizing everyone’s hands (this resort did not have this). This benefits everyone because it can prevent traveler’s diarrhea which is often blamed on food, but could simply be transmitted via the tongs that are touch by dozens of different people.
-The breads were good but they did not have anything whole wheat, the cereal selection was very limited and contained no bran cereals, the cheese/salad/fresh fruits/egg station were all good.
-However the prepared food was notorious. Nothing was appetizing and everything was very poor. The only prepared food I ate was the roast chicken which was actually pretty good. Other than that I stayed far away, even though I tend to love everything
-Even things that could have tasted good, such as the paella, were cold! COLD! Their “meat of the day” was a hit or a miss (massive fish = one was cold/rubbery/disgusting but another one was good, turkey = good, pork belly = good, beef roast = dry beyond belief, stuff pork = bad).
-The buffet maintenance was generally poor too, sometimes tongs were missing, spoons were swallowed up bowls of liquid and not retrieved or replaced, and spills weren’t cleaned up in timely fashion. The layout also needs renovating in my opinion too. There’s a grill in the back corner which is basically deserted and out of sight.
-With that said, you could find savior in their fresh meat and seafood, the one where you line up, order, and wait (~7-10 minutes) for them to cook it. They had a small and delicious selection at lunch and dinner and this is mostly what my family ate. During my stay I had 3 types of fish fillet including salmon, 2 types of shrimp, chicken breast, frying beef steaks, and pork chops.
-Overall the buffett was bad, but you could find something that you enjoyed.
-We also had dinner at the 1 of 3 a la carte restaurants. It was the seafood one. It was bad, worse than the buffet. The salad and dessert were the exact same of the buffet. The soup starters were bland and cold, and the main dishes were just as bad (ex. tuna was extra dry, another fish was good but only because it was deep fried, the steak was has coated in an unpleasant sauce and was a poorer cut than the one found at the buffet). And the presentation was horrible too, I plate my buffet dishes nicer than they did. It was basically a pile of sautéed veggies, a scoop of mashed potatoes, and four RANDOM sauces for every dish. We didn't go to any of the other restaurants because our experience at this one was so bad.

Furniture: The furniture was completely outdated and requires replacing. You sunk deep into the couches in the lobby and hurt your back within 60 seconds, the tables in a lobby were wobbly and you could place your drink on many of them, the mattresses had huge sink holes at the foot of the bed and at the side where people often sit, the gym was decent but some of the cables for the machines were broken and the barbell rack was basically unusable, my throw pillows had stains that looked like javex stains on them, and the balcony locks in 2 of 3 rooms we had did not lock. All clear issues that need addressing.

Flies: The bugs were non-exsistant for most of our stay, but the last two days they were bad. They are tiny, basically invisible, but really itch. We were itching for at least 3 or 4 days after we returned home. Thankfully they didn’t start attacking at the beginning of our trip otherwise our happy vacation would have been an unhappy once.

Soap: The soap issue is what made my rating go from 3/5 to 2/5. The following is absolutely unacceptable. On numerous occasions the lobby washrooms did not have any soap. This is disgusting and a health hazard. Let me emphasize again that this was not an isolated issue either, and happened on multiple days we were there. On one occasion I even went to 4 different bathrooms in the lobby (2 male washrooms, and my sister to 2 other female washrooms) and soap was empty from all of them. And these washroom are located right by the buffet. Unbelievable.

In conclusion, I enjoyed my vacation but this hotel needs a major facelift, and I will not be returning.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Brenda C, General Manager at Iberostar Ensenachos, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear MM,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time for writing to us about your experience at the Iberostar Ensenachos. I am very sorry if this experience did not match your expectations and by the fact you have not been satisfied with your stay at our hotel.
Together with our corporate offices, I have read your comments and we will definitely work on improving the points you mentioned. We are aware of the limitations of foods and the inconveniences this brings to you. We are placing lots of effort in improving the quality and variety of the food that we can source in our hotel, I guarantee that we are making our best effort in order to achieve better food quality in our resort. All of the suggestions have been shared with our chef and we are implementing more of the special thematic corners.
On behalf the furnitures and matresses let em inform you that since last month we are changing soem of them will take a couple of years to have them all new. We spray twivce a day at the hotel for the mosquitos but rememebr always that you are in a island surrounded of mangroves which increase the volume of insects.If you decide to come back wil be more than a pleasure to meet you.

Warm regards,

Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

The title mentions nudists because it was my biggest problem with this resort. Nudity is not legal in Cuba yet there are some visitors from other countries who flaunt this and challenge locals to stop them knowing that tourism is important to Cuba. As fellow guest of this FAMILY resort I found this to be rude, thoughtless, and selfish. I like to smile and chat with other guests. It is one of the things I most enjoy about resorts. But feeling uncomfortable and awkward because I would really like to say something else to them is not enjoyable. There are adult only resorts. There are beaches for naturists. I have children whom I would rather not have to explain about people's rights and why I sacrificed my rights to avoid confrontation and ill feelings.
Having said that I feel much better. The resort itself is somewhat dated although you will find the friendliness of the staff more than make up for these shortcomings. Ensenacho beach is as good if not better than Pilar beach and is one of my favorite all time beaches. Megano has great snorkeling just off the beach and both are great for kids. There is on going maintenance around the resort which is encouraging and the food quality was consistent with other Cuban resorts.
Should the clothing issue be ad-dressed I would not hesitate to return and would recommend to anyone looking for value and enjoyment from their Cuban vacation to try this resort.
We travelled from nov 20-27 2013 and it was our second trip to this resort this year.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Brenda C, General Manager at Iberostar Ensenachos, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Pho N,

On a behalf of the staff and management here at Iberostar Ensenachos we would like to thank you for your review. However, we feel sorry that our hotel was not up to your expectation. We assure you that improvement, in all our services are an ongoing process and our priority is guest satisfaction.As I have written in another review let me inform you that nudism it is not allowed in the hotel if someone reported that inmediatelly to our PR office will help us a lot so we could approach the guest and let them known that what they were doing it is not acceptable as we are in a family hotel.Yes, as you have said we are making a face lift to the hotel and we will continue. If you decide to give us another chance, please do not hesitate to contact our guest relation manager.

Wish you all the best

Kind Regards

Dieppe, NB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We stayed at the Iberostar Ensenachos from November 08-15/13. This was our second time at this Resort (stayed previously in April 2012). The Resort is beautiful and has 2 of the nicest beach you can imagine.

The grounds are beautiful and the rooms are spacious and clean. We met our maid Yusimi on our second day and she was very nice and did a great job cleaning our room and made sure we had everything we asked for and we were always greeted with fabulous towel art upon our arrival in our room.

What we enjoyed most on this trip is the staff. Some of them even remembered us from our previous stay. There are too many to remember all their names but Alexei in the lobby bar, Yunior in the buffet, Danny, Amaury and the 2 girls at each of the beach bars were some we remembered. We were always greeted with a smile and friendly conversation. The service in the lobby bar, beach bar, buffet, a la carte restaurant were always great. At night, we liked to go the lobby bar and listened to the piano player, she is amazing.

The food was good. It is a bit repetitive in the buffet but we could always find something to eat. We did enjoy the Italian, International and Seafood restaurants.

We will definitely be back to this hotel and would recommend it to anyone looking for a nice relaxing vacation away from home.

Room Tip: Bungalow 31 is close to the Lobby.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Brenda C, General Manager at Iberostar Ensenachos, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear ggaudet1,

On behalf of Iberostar Ensenachos we appreciate your feedback regarding your second stay. We are glad to hear you have enjoyed your vacation and that you feel that your in home . We will forward your review to our animation staff & service, they will feel proud to read their names and knowing that they helped to make your vacations better. If we can be of any further assistance please contact us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards,

La Plata, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We spend a week unforgetable. Even with rain we felt at home. Great food and the best staff. The beach is amazing and the hotel is a five star in every sence.
Nature is all around and weare coming back next year without a doubt

• Stayed October 2013
Brenda C, General Manager at Iberostar Ensenachos, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Matias2981,

On a behalf of the staff and management here at Iberostar Ensenachos we would like to thank you for your nice review. We all are hardworking people always seeking the best for all our clients. Should you choose our hotel, or some other Iberostar Hotels, for your next vacation, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Wish you all the best,

Brenda Correa

Been to Iberostar Ensenachos? Share your experiences!