“Thank You Ensenachos!!!!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Ensenachos

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cayo Ensenachos
Iberostar Ensenachos
You added Iberostar Ensenachos to your Saves list
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Villa Clara, 52700, Cuba (Formerly Royal Hideaway Ensenachos)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cayo Ensenachos
Georgetown, Canada
“Thank You Ensenachos!!!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Spent the week of April 23 - April 30, 2013 at this beautiful resort, the beaches are perfect and very well maintained. When not at the beach joking with Chester, we spent allot of time at the swim up bar receiving exceptional service from Maria, Adonis and Yule....these guys are the best. Well maybe Yule is a little coco loco...LOL. The food was very good with lots of items to choose from. The only issue I had was the main bar running out of ice in the evening, they need to correct this and I would give them an excellent rating. Thanks Brenda for taking care of our accommodations as required, the room and cleaning services were well above par.

Room Tip: We stayed at the spa suites, in building 2300. Great location across from pool and close to main hal...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Brenda C, General Manager at Iberostar Ensenachos, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Sherwyn D,

On behalf of the staff I want to thank you for giving us your comments about your experience at Iberostar Ensenachos. We are pleased to have given to you a great holiday and encourage us to keep improving our services. We will congratulate Maria, Adonis, Yule and Yulie for helping you to make your holiday special and we do all make our best to achieve our customers expectations. We hope to offer you again our hospitality whenever you decide.

Regards,

Brenda Correa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (588)
Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This was our 9th trip to Iberostar Ensenachos. This resort just keeps getting better every stay. In all we have spent 14 weeks here, the food is better with lots of variety at all locations. The staff from the top down are amazing. Even when serving the occasional rude guest they keep smiling.We have never encountered any rude staff. I wonder at times when I read a review were these people at this resort IE terrible bunch of corruptted tiptakers. This resort is very safe clean and we have never gotten sick here. Tipping has never caused poor service never saw anyone waiting for a tip. We have seen rude guests never tip and they still received excellent service. English,French and other languages are spoken as well. All one has to do is watch the staff clean the glasses ect at the bars. I am suprised Damarys, Adonis and everyone else helping at the Spa bar do not have chapped hands from washing dishes. This is the same at all locations we have eaten in.
Any way at the Spa bar happy hour runs from 4 pm to 6 pm 2 for 1 drinks. Just kidding all drinks are included. But if you do have a drink at the Spa bar ask if it is happy hour yet. Enjoy Iberostar Ensenachos.

Room Tip: Most rooms are very good and clean. Yes some are farther from the main lobby but the sidewalks are g...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Brenda C, General Manager at Iberostar Ensenachos, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Bobg,

On a behalf of the staff and management here at Iberostar Ensenachos we would like to thank you for your nice review. We all are hardworking people always seeking the best for all our clients. Should you choose our hotel, or some other Iberostar Hotels, for your next vacation, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Wish you all the best,

Bremda Correa
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We had a wonderfull vacation with our family ,The hotel is like a tropical oasis beautifull indeed ..Our rooms were great we stayed in the family section it was close to the pool which is lovley I might add,The beach I think is one of the most beautifull I have ever been to and I have been to many ,great location for the lobby aswell we were in building 42 .41 would also be a good choice .3 min to beach 30 seconds to the pool.We were more than please with all of our food,there were plenty of choices and I really liked the station that cooked your choice for you just the way you want it . As for the staff in all areas of the resort were very pleasent seemed like they couldnt do enough for you . We did find bar service a little slow in the lobby often that was not the fault of the staff ,just not enough help onboard.Every place on the resort was kept spotless areas we well lit at night how ever I wouldnt want to walk to the villas at night as some had to do because there was no ride available when they needed it .I think I would have rather slept in the lobby {just kidding }. Now for the BAD This hotel has a spectacular water and play area for children under 12 that is right beside the family section pool with a feature like this it draws rightfully so a lot of familys with small children ,TOO MANY FOR ME , we were kind of trapped in this section because the G D is only 15 so it was out of our hands that was the only bad thing for us . Now for the UGLY PART I will try to keep it short .The day we arrived I saw a small burn on the bedspread hanging at the foot of the bed close to the floor ,If you travel a lot you get used to seeing little things like that ,A small rip tear a burn or soil on a carpet things like that ..I thought I would sound like a prude complaing and demanding a new bedpread but I guess I should have .The blanket was in the same position all week but now on our last day the maid turned the blanket up to the other end and the burn was now on the pillow area .3 people arrived at our room late in the day questioning my DH who new nothing about this ,He was informed we would be charged for the bedspead which was faily old I might say,They took pictures and were blaming us for this .I spoke to maid she sent me to the lobby reception to speak to them , POOR customer relations.Basically they were calling me a liar by insisting I pay 102 pessos for this thing.We were caught over the barrel here because we were leaving early morning ,there no hotel manager to speak to we just had to pay or would not be able to go to the airport .They were shocked when I told them I was taking the blanket with me They had the nerve to want to no why ,I mean really ,Now I am being told they will ask If I can take ,I made it clear that I just paid for it so it was mine ,I explain that for all I know someone paid for it the week before and now I was paying for it and I was going to make sure someone else does not pay for it this week .This is really a shame because I would have gone back there in a heart beat but after this I will never ever step on Iberostar property again . customer service gets a big ZERO from me and that is very sad . Hope you mlearne from this a do a good inspection unpon arrival .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Brenda C, General Manager at Iberostar Ensenachos, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Dear Mrs. Sheila C,

We would like to thank you for taking your time to express your opinions and thank you for letting us know. Our clients’ comments are very important to us and we sincerely value them. They will assist us in better serving our guests in the future. We apologize for the inconvenience that happened with the bedspread and the way was handeled as that it is not the way to treat our customers.We hope to have you again among us, to provide you the service you deserve.

Cordially,
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

It's a great resort: excellent service; large, clean rooms; nice people; food good but bland (I wish the Cubans would start using herbs and spices); fantastic beach with lots of room to select your beach-chair as far away or as close to the entertainment as you wish without having to get up at dawn to book your place. Perfect for swimming with no big waves thanks to the location which shelters it from the wind. The resort is large so decide whether you want to be close to the beach or the restaurant because the taxi-carts are not very reliable. And bring an insect repellent, we were there in Sept. 2013 and the invisible flies that come out in the evening just loved my vital fluid.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Liviana B,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar Ensenachos for your so valuable vacations.

Thank you very much for your good comments and reviews about the hotel, staff and services, opinions like yours are very important to keep working every day to exceed the expectations of our customers and achieve ever greater improvement of our staff.

Hoping that you do decide to visit us in the future please accept our best regards

Carefully

Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed in the hotel for two weeks, and we had a great time. We felt very safe and welcome. People were very friendly and always helpful. First room had some problems, but the second room was great, with an ocean view. Our daughter walked alone around the resort at 11 PM with no issues.
Food was great, staff also. We didn’t go to any ala carte restaurants because there was no need for that. Buffet was enough. In the bar, the lady that played piano was amazing.
Iberostar Ensenachos is a great hotel. We felt very sad to go home. Great beaches, both Megano and Ensenachos we prefer Megano because it was close to our room.
Our maid did an excellent job, we liked her towel art on the beds, and her name was Yaimara.
I’m not lazy to pack one extra suitcase full of things for Cuban people. Only what I like to change its some different entertainment on the evenings. Music in lobby it’s not up to standard of hotel.
Only downside for us, are the guys that are in charge of the boats and kayaks they are too lazy to do their jobs for the tourists.
We will be back for sure.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear travelfamily95,

All the staff and Management team at Iberostar Ensenachos wants to thank you for sharing your comments and experience with us and other readers. We are glad to know that you were able to enjoy our services, specially the staff and the beach. I will forward your review to all our Head of Departments; they will take you comments into consideration andl also the reposrt of the beach guys to the owner of the sports aquatici center. We hope we can welcome you back again some day.

Best regards,

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

My husband and I flew with Sunwing on April 9, 2013 for one week. Our first time to Cuba and from what we had heard from others, don't have high expectations for food or accommodations.
We chose the "Cays" to avoid busy Veradero Beach as we were here for the beach and R & R. I had booked us into the Spa Suites Section of the Hotel (18+ only) rather than the Park Suites (family section with kids) since it was our first trip without our kids in 12 years. The ride from the airport was 1 1/2 hours as our hotel is the first drop. Checkin was fast and very efficient. From there to the hotel lobby entrance where we were to wait for a ride to our room. Big surprise! The hotel was overbooked and we were upgraded to a private one bedroom Villa!! The biggest surprise of all was that the Villa section of the hotel is 2 kms. away from the main hotel!! No problem they said as there is a van that goes back and forth but only until midnight. One night it didn't return after 10:30pm. The downside of this whole review is that we spent more time on the van and waiting for it than we did enjoying our Villa!
The Villas are gorgeous and very private, approx. 1200 Sq. ft. with a private patio and jacuzzi tub inset. Ours had an ocean view and a king bed. The advantages of staying in this section - quiet, private pool for villa guests only, a butler/concierge that makes all dinner reservations (unlimited) and access to the Colonial (gourmet) Restaurant for poolside breakfast, lunch and dinner (inside). If you spend alot of time in your villa, are not looking for activities, music, shows, and don't mind not having a bar/lounge when the pool bar or restaurant closes, this is the place to stay. OR you can still stay here and spend hours waiting and travelling by van (1 only) back and forth to the main lobby. By the way - an old minivan - seats 10 max and is unbelievably difficult to get in and out of. NOT recommended for elderly, obese or unfit people. Also, be prepared for wet seats - not nice if you are dressed for dinner and someone was picked up at the beach to return to the main hotel.
The service everywhere in the resort was spectacular and always done with a smile! The food far surpassed our expectations,especially in the Colonial. The Chef is to be commmended as everything there was cooked to perfection and always consistent. We had 3 dinners there and my husband had the Lobster Thermadore each time - Amazing! The servers, especially Yan and Elainette were so professional and friendly. They strived for the personal touch of remembering your likes and tastes from one meal to the next. All of the staff at the Villas were the best - special mention - Toni our entertaining pool/towel man, and both pool and beach bartenders. Our room was fairly clean but had a urine odour in the toilet/bidet section and our room was not provided with beach towels on arrival. Although it stated 24 hour room service, the menu showed specific hours for food and the Villa Reception/restaurant closed at 11pm.
Entertainment at the main hotel was great. There was a show each night (we saw 3) and there was always music and activity in the lobby each night. A Philharmonic Orchestra even played one evening and they were awesome! The piano bar would have been a huge draw for us if it was quieter but it echoed noise because it had A/C, and was always packed as it has the only bar. We missed going to the nightclub because we had no way of getting back to the villas after midnight (a 2 km walk down a non-lit road)
Food - the buffet was very good - variety & tasty - alot of fresh seafood and items they will cook on demand rather than having them sit and get soggy or dry. Amazing soups and fresh bread every meal. One evening they carved a turkey and it was delicious. Downside -There were always lineups. The Italian Restaurant was good but all entrees were not available. The Steak House was not good when we went and the Seafood Restaurant was OK. #1 Rule of Thumb for Cuba - AVOID BEEF. They are not known for it and we have some of the best in the world. Don't expect much if you do order it. Even the hamburgers and meat sauce had large, very chewy chunks. The Asian Restaurant was closed and we had heard it was one of the best on site. All drinks were Premium Liquor, rather than local, and always well made.
Ensenachos Beach - one of the best of 100's I've been to and some great snorkelling 10 meters out. This beach is worth the short hike. Megano Beach is very nice too. There are no motorboats or jetskis to worry about, very little undertow and no vendors. The sand is smooth, very little seaweed and the water is crystal clear. Snorkelling equip. is NOT available even though it shows as included. The few palapas get snatched up early and apparently some were washed away with the last hurricane. As with most resorts, people put their towels on shaded chairs in the morning and don't return until after lunch. It's annoying but typical of all inclusives. The pools were beautiful with a nice mix of sun and shade and floats were available for guests to use poolside. The grounds are spectacular, with lots of tree frogs and large iguanas that love being petted and fresh coconuts cut open by Mario.
We ventured outside the Resort twice - a one day fly trip to Havana. Very interesting, but tiring and alot of difficult walking. All the historical buildings are under renos so are closed and covered in scaffolding. Our guide was not the best compared to others we were told about. Be sure to get a box breakfast made up as we were not told and there was nothing available in the snack room before it closed at 6am. We also went to the Estrella market 10 minutes by taxi in Cayo Santa Maria. Great to pick up a few souvenirs and some rum. Cheap to get to by taxi or on the double decker bus. It is connected to Memories Azul resort.
This was by far one of the best all inclusives we've been to which have included the DR and Mexico, Club Med, Palladium and Bahia Principe resorts. We normally tip select staff at the end of the stay but we actually spent every peso we had before the final day because the staff all deserved it and work so hard for so little. We felt like tipping was constant but take extra for them!
If Iberostar could get their act together and provide easily accessible golf cart transportation for all guests, not just the Villas, they would rate a 5/5 from me but it is a major flaw in their operations that needs to be addressed immediately. We also heard complaints from others staying in the Spa Suites. The other resorts have carts so why not Ensenachos?? For this reason, I would not stay in the Villa section again, even if it was a free upgrade.
A huge Thankyou and special recognition for the two bellmen (one is greying - names escape me) that seemed to be at the entrance 24/7 and took abuse from everyone who required a ride within the resort.

Room Tip: Park Suites for families but better location and closer to food and Ensenachos Beach. Can always sta...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Beachbum2635,

On behalf of the staff I want to thank you for giving us your comments about your experience at Iberostar Ensenachos Grand Vilage. We are pleased to have given to you a great holiday and encourage us to keep improving our services. We will congratulate all teh staff at the Grand Village as they make ther difference with the service in yuor vacations and helping you to make your holiday special. As per the snorkel equipment let me nform you that since last year the owner of the Aquatics sports center took the snorkel equipment out of order as they have been in very bad conditions per our mutual costumers. On behalf the golf carts we are just waiting to arrive pieces and wheels to repair the ones who are broken and 3 new ones that supposed to be arriving in a couple of months. We hope to offer you again our hospitality whenever you decide.

Cordially,

Bathurst NB
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Beautiful resort- very clean- EXCEPT the beach front restaurant and VERY FILTHY TOILETS at this out door place. This resort is just too beautiful to have a place like that- it should be torn down- the rest of the resort is beautiful- needs more umbrellas on the right side, as you get to the beach but all in all a GREAT place and we will b back if the filthy toilets at the beach are torn down

Room Tip: Please clean out the beach toilets- just awful
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Brenda C, General Manager at Iberostar Ensenachos, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear ymazz,

Carefully

Brenda Correa

Been to Iberostar Ensenachos? Share your experiences!