My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2nights on a great DBB deal and loved it. The rooms weren't sound-proofed and as this hotel attracts a lot of coach trips it was tricky to sleep with an old man snoring in the next room!
The food was great, plenty selection and loads of it! The waiters were really friendly and the dining room wa lovely and spacious. It was a really personal place.
We enjoyed how close it was to the Highland Wildlife Park and Aviemore and Newtonmore was an ok wee village with a nice pub or two that we had a drink in.
I'd definitely go back but take earplugs. Great value, great service, great food :)
- Also Known As:
- Highlander Hotel Newtonmore
- Highlander Hotel Newtonmore, Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For true Highland hospitality come to the Highlander, a hotel renowned for its good food and warm welcome. The hotel is an ideal base for touring the North of Scotland with mountain ranges, forests, lochs and river valleys waiting to be explored. Wind down in our inviting restaurant serving an array of dishes made from locally sourced produce. Perhaps a wee dram from the bar would suit; choose a whisky from one of the many local distilleries for which this area is famous for throughout the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your Highlander Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.