“Great stay with friendly host” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Craigerne House Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newtonmore
The Craigerne House Hotel
You added The Craigerne House Hotel to your Saves list
Golf Course Road, Newtonmore PH20 1AT, Scotland   |
Ranked #8 of 15 Newtonmore B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
west lothian
“Great stay with friendly host”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

My husband and I are just back from a 2 day stay here and what a lovely time we had. We booked this on a special KGB voucher deal for a great price and therefore did not expect the high standards we received. Dougie was very friendly and welcoming from the word go and gave us handy hints for places to go and local restaurants. We upgraded to the cooked breakfast for an extra £5 each which was good value. Our room was basic but clean with all amenities and a very small tv. We were sad to leave and hope to be back very soon.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Stirling, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Dougie welcomed us and told us to treat the Craigerne House Hotel as if we were at home. There was an well stocked "honesty bar" which which we could serve ourselves to and we took advantage of it while relaxing in front of the roaring fire in the lounge which was nice and peaceful. There was a continental breakfast each morning which was nice and lots to choose from with plenty of coffee top-ups! I tried the fried Scottish breakfast for an extra £5 one morning and it was excellent. We learned also that there are two rooms downstairs which can accommodate guests and their dog, something which is very rare these days! Looking forward to another stay at the Craigerne House Hotel soon!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here April 15 - 18, 2013 for hiking the nearby mountains. Even though the weather didn't cooperate, we had a lovely stay with Dougie,Joanna, and Skye! Breakfast always included fresh, delicious fruit, even with the porridge! A hiker's lunch was prepared for us each day - it was also delicious! The rooms were clean, warm and cozy - even with 90 mph winds outside. Shower had plenty of hot water, towels. Joanna's artwork is amazing, and adds to the feeling of being right at home! Thanks for the help with laundry and transportation! Hope to return someday.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed here March 19th and 20th, 2013 and really enjoyed my stay. This is a clean, nicely decorated establishment situated in the lovely Highland town of Newtonmore. My room was clean and comfortable. The water pressure in my shower was perfect. The room had a number of outlets which enabled me to charge my electronics - more about my electronics below.
The breakfast was delicious and the coffee was great.
The service was excellent. The first night I stayed there I had dropped my bags off in the morning. As my room was not ready yet (I didn't expect it to be either because it was still fairly early). I returned much later that evening and Dougie had moved my bag to my room (Many thanks :-).
Another example of the kindness of these owners was I had left two of my travel chargers in the room. They mailed the chargers to me! Another big THANK-YOU.
Overall I felt very comfortable during my stay at the Craigerne. I highly recommend this establishment!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Paisley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We went here on Monday 8 th April for 3 night KGB package with brother and wife, it was a really fabulous break.Dougie was very helpful and friendly . Rooms were very good and warm. Breakfast was very good we paid extra to get a cooked one, on a whole I would say terrific time was had by the four of us. So relaxed and in a lovely setting,so quiet no noise at all. Well done Dougie for making our break wonderful,hope to be back in the future. Cheers.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Bacup, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Run by a relaxed, friendly couple, Dougie and Joanna, we had no complaints about this hotel - it was warm and comfortable, and the bedroom had everything you would expect. There was a lovely guest lounge and an honesty bar! (we were!). As we travelled on a deal voucher, we only had the continental breakfast provided, though there was plenty of choice, but we did have porridge, on a Tripadvisor recommendation! Having seen the comments on the cooked breakfast though, I think I would definitely try it next time, and we would certainly go back. For an excellent evening meal, try the Glen Hotel, only a few minutes' walk away. We ate there 3 times, it has a huge menu and serves much more than standard 'pub grub'.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 3 night on an Internet deal we had got for Xmas. Well signposted from the Main Street, lovely quiet location but only 5 min walk to all the local pubs on Main Street. Train station 15 min walk (we got train to Inverness for the day for £13 each return).
Dougie, Joanna and Skye the dog extremely welcoming and told us to treat it like home and use sitting rooms, honesty bar etc. they were always around if needed to ask anything and always helpful.
Our deal was continental brekkie only (bread, crumpets, fruit etc) but we pain £5 each for the cooked breakfast. Possibly the best cooked brekkie we have had in a long time. Absolutely gorgeous!
Rooms were fairly basic but had everything you need. Plenty hanging space for clothes, small telly, kettle, tea/coffee, shower. And very warm thankfully as it was freeeeezing outside!
Plenty space to park the car. 20 min drive to wildlife park and Aviemore.
Had a wonderful short break, wish we could have stayed longer!
Thank you!
Craig and bexe Thornton

• Stayed March 2013

Been to The Craigerne House Hotel? Share your experiences!