“Not as good as it used to be” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 35 Restaurants in Chertsey
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Staines, United Kingdom
“Not as good as it used to be”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

As we had been on a number of occasions in the past and were very happy with both the service and the food, myself and my other half decided to venture down for a meal on New Years Eve. We hadn't been there for some time and it does appear to have had a change of people running it, but it still looked very welcoming. As it was late afternoon / early evening on New Years Eve it was quiet, so I felt that we would be served quickly and efficiently. After what felt like an age, the waitress came over and took our drinks order and asked if we were ready to order food. I said that I would like to see the fixed price menu that was available Monday to Saturday till 6pm as advertised on the blackboard outside. Her reply astounded me. She said that it wasn't available during December (bearing in mind that this was the last day of December), to which I replied that maybe it should be removed if that were the case. Again I was surprised to hear her say that a number of people had said something similar (and obviously had their comments ignored as well). I went on to order a steak, which I emphasised was to be very well done and that I would like some onion rings with it. After another age my steak arrived and I would say that it was medium at best, far away from what I had asked for PLUS there were NO onion rings (which had obviously been forgotten). When I mentioned this I was told that they were "on the way". By the time they arrived, I had finished my steak!! There was at no time any apology and to cap it all, when I asked for the bill I was given someone else's bill. Even when I got the correct bill it was wrong. If the restaurant had been busy, then I could forgive some of what happened, but as it wasn't I can't. We will not be going there again in a hurry as there are a number of other very good alternatives in the area.

• 2 of 5 stars Food

london
“Back again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

Returned today for a meal.WE were welcomed and shown to a nice table next to the open fire place.drinks were ordered and served within a few mins, WE ordered our starters (soup) which was served very hot.after we had had the soup we ordered our main meals and they came to our table within 20min .Sharon kept a eye on us and made sure all was OK.We would come again. The Kingfisher is a great place to eat.you can book a table on line.

Visited January 2014
Addlestone, United Kingdom
“Family visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We visited after Christmas and it was booked a week ahead..The food was very good but the service was terrible.We had 2 young children with us and by the time their food actually arrived they were past eating having sat in a highchair for 45 mins and that was only for a starter,we were there for two and a half hours.The staff were very polite but I do not advise this Pub unless you go without children and have plenty of time

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
york
“ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

The squid rings where like old inner tubes and over cooked.
The pate is nice,steak hit and miss,for some reason it came a few times seasoned which to my taste was far too salty.On occasion id ask for just a lightly fried egg on top,something that seems a struggle as every time it came like a joke rubber one.
On my last visit i had the Christmas dinner,Poor portion size for the just shy of £20,two roast potato's and a reheated Yorkshire pudding.The staff if Friendly didn't know what drinks they had on draught.

Visited November 2013
manchester
“just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

We went to the kingfisher for a family Christmas lunch. We had a table booked for 12. When we all arrived we found there was very limited parking and some of our party had to park quite a distance away. The kingfisher was very busy and it did take a while to get drinks. We had already notified the restaurant of the meal requirements and they did come out and double check that this was correct. The meal itself was ok, nothing outstanding. Several of us opted for the turkey dinner, and there was no consistancy, some got brussel sproats, some didnt, some had carrots, some didnt, some got large potatoes, some got tiny ones. To be honest , cant say that i would rush back as i think there is a lot better.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere