“Nice restaurant” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
York, Pennsylvania
“Nice restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

The location and the decor were very nice, the food was good, but a bit more like pub food, not a 'great' restaurant, but good food. The wines and beer were good. The service was very spotty. Never really knew who our server was. I had the lamb shank pie. I felt the lamb was a bit too fatty, the gravely was good.

Visited April 2013

61% Recommend
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Best roast dinner I've had in years!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

We arrived on a busy Sunday afternoon without a booking. There were six of us so we knew we would have to wait. Straight away we were greeted by warm and friendly staff who were happy to help us find somewhere and informed us we may have to wait up to an hour or we could eat in the bar area. We ended up moving three times, through our choice but ended up with a lovely table within 30-35 minutes. The staff could not have done more and it makes a refreshing change to see good service like this. So with me already loving the place we went on to order our food! My roast turkey was by far the best roast dinner I've had in years! My mum had the roast beef and that too was delicious. The beef we were told was cooked medium rare but if you wanted they would cook it to your liking which they did a very good job of. Other food we ordered was fish and chips, fish cakes and the childrens fish pie, all to a very high standard.
Well done to all the management and staff here, it really is a fabulous riverside pub and you do yourselves proud!
Many thanks, and we'll hopefully be back on Christmas Day if not before!

Visited April 2013
Weybridge
“Not at all Vintage”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Ah, a Vintage Inn, it promises so much and delivers...well...not a great deal. We left this booking at Easter til the last minute but got a good table. The service here is not as bad as some 2011-2012 reviewers would have you believe; or rather, it has improved. However, let's talk food.
I ordered their special Shepherd's Pie with mushy peas. The lamb off the bone was fine, although the leaving the bone sitting in the pie bowl was a little unnecessary. The peas however, were flaky, crust and dry as a bone. When I pointed this out, the reply was 'Terribly sorry' and the waitress promptly disappeared.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Surrey
“Cosy, friendly and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This restaurant is a regular outing for myself and my friends. The menu is extensive and tasty food. I have to say though that I did prefer the previous menu as there were low fat options that I enjoyed very much. I found and find the staff to be enjoying their job and are happy to serve you whether you are eating or just have a drink. The atmosphere is friendly and feels cosy especially in the winter months when they have their open fires on. The wine is good value too. I will be visiting again soon.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Woking, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable well earned lunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

My wife & I stopped here half through a 19 mile walk so to say we were starving is an understatement! The restaurant was busy but not packed and we were surprised to hear that food would be about 45 minutes. We had to wait several minutes for our drink orders to be taken and again for our food orders to be taken.
When it did arrive about 35 minutes after ordering we were both happy with the portion size & quality of the food. My wife had the Beef & Merlot Pie whilst I had the Pork Belly. Both were piping hot and full of flavour. Only criticism is that mine needed some green veg with it, to be fair to our waitress she did ask me if I wanted a side order of veg when I ordered.
For desert I had the Peanut Butter & Chocolate Cheese Cake while my wife had the warm sticky toffee pudding. I enjoyed mine she found hers dry & heavy.

Price wise 2 courses with a bottle of wine worked out at £20 each which we thought was decent value.

The pub is next to the Thames with plenty of outdoor seating so we plan to visit again in the summer to sit outside and watch the boats pass by.

• Visited April 2013