“A better option than a LHR hotel” 4 of 5 stars

The Bridge Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bridge Road, Chertsey KT16 8JZ, England   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Chertsey
Mooloolaba, Australia
“A better option than a LHR hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed there for one night a few nights ago whilst transiting through Heathrow, which is easy to get to and fro from via the nearby M25 or local roads.
Check in was easy and Kirstie, the receptionist was helpful. The room was overlooking the canal as was the dining room, as has been mentioned before, the towels in the bathroom could do with renewing other than that the room was well equipped and comfortable.
As mentioned, I would use this hotel as an alternative to a LHR cookie cutter hotel which would cost much more and be less comfortable.
Would stay there again if I am overnighting LHR.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at The Bridge Hotel, Chertsey.

I am glad you enjoyed your time with us and shall be passing your comments on to the Hotel team. I will be discussing the issue of towels with my Housekeeping Manager to ensure we get the best quality for our guests.

I thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Many Thanks,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Weymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

The Bridge is a 'hidden gem'! I frequently travel up to Surrey on business alone, during my travels I have found some establishments that are never too sure how to cope with a lady staying alone! NOT here! The Manager Ben and his team go out of their way to ensure that I am made welcome, the restaurant has an amazing new menu, for those 'burger' buffs you must try their new burger menu. That said, other items on the menu are excellent! I cannot recommend this hotel enough. It is a great venue for celebrations with a lovely riverside location. Easy access for Thorpe Park, Windsor, walks along the Thames towpath, the Bridge is in a stunning location, on my next visit I intend to bring a number of friends!

Room Tip: Opt for a river view!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Gaye,

I would like to personally thank you for your kind words and wonderful comments about The Bridge Hotel, Chertsey. It is great to receive such lovely remarks about the Hotel, Restaurant and service quality. I will be sharing your comments with the whole team, and from them I pass on their thanks.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Bridge very very soon...

Birmingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

An overnight sty was per booked and prepaid for. When we arrived the receptionist gave us the wrong booking and asked us to pay when w explained we had prepaid she found our booking. I mislaid my toothbrush and went to reception tosee if they had one I could have or buy, the receptionist went out the back and on her return said we haven't any but there is a garage over the road and you could go and buy one. On the back of the bathroom door there were two towels that had been used by the previous people who had stayed in our room. We ordered a taxi with the receptionist for 8pm we were waiting for the taxi and it hadn't arrived by 810 so we went back into the hotel to ask and they had forgotten to order us one. Overall not a good service. The night before we stayed in a travelodge in Livepool and the service was excellent and the cost f the room much cheaper than the Bridge Hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Secondly, I would like to apologise for the confusion on check-in and the late arrival of your taxi. I have spoken with the reception team and they would like to extend their apologies. I can only put it down to an error with the guest details and a mix up of information.

Once again I apologise for these issues and I hope it did not affect your stay too badly. I thank you for making me aware of the issues as we can now improve our service quality.

Devon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We were visiting Thorpe Park so chose this hotel as it is close by with lovely views of the river Thames.
On arrival we were welcomed by a friendly receptionist who offered to book us a table for dinner in there newly refurbished restaurant. After a long journey we decided to eat. The menu is varied with a wide choice of dishes to suit all tastes. Staff were friendly and helpful and we enjoyed a delicious meal overlooking the river thames.
Our room was clean and comfortable with a flat screen tv.
Breakfast was served in the restaurant in the same area we had eaten the previous night. We enjoyed a freshly cooked to order breakfast watching the sun rise over the misty river, a beautiful view!
Staff throughout the hotel were friendy and polite and we will definatly recommend this hotel and will be back to visit next year.

Room Tip: Choose a river view
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at The Bridge Hotel, Chertsey. It is great to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay including the service, the room, the food quality and our newly refurbished Hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Bridge Hotel in the future.

Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Arrived at 9.20 on a Sunday night after a nightmare drive .. Thankfully dinner was
Last orders at 9.30
Room was very comfortable but the towels were very tired as were the pillows. Spare pillows didn't have covers, and were a bit grubby.
Room had a lovely view of the river (we booked a junior suite) the room was very quiet even with the windows open.
Breakfast was fab ..... I can honestly say that it's the best breakfast that I have ever had. It was served buffet style but there was a waitress on hand to uncover the trays .... It was hot and very tasty. I would def recommend this hotel.

Stayed September 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at The Bridge Hotel, Chertsey.

I am glad you enjoyed your room and found our breakfast service enjoyable.

I must apologise for the towel and pillows. This is not normally proccedure and I will be discussing this with the housekeeping team to ensure it does not happen again.

I thank you again for your comments, without this we are unable to improve our service and offering. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Bridge Hotel in the future.

Wokingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

My husband and I have just returned from a 1 night stay at The Bridge Hotel.

The hotel from the outside doesn't look anything special however inside it is really nice. The decor in reception and the bar area is modern, bright and very welcoming.

Our room on the ground floor was gorgeous. The ensuite was lovely, clean and modern. The room itself was really nice and comfortable, stylish and well appointed. There were French doors that opened out to a private terrace which had a wonderful view of the river and bridge. It would be perfect if there was some outside furniture on the terrace. Maybe something for the management to consider? Other than that I couldn't fault our accommodation.

Unfortunately the same could not be said for the food. The following morning we had what I can only describe as the most awful breakfast. The "Full English" is a lukewarm buffet. The sausages must have been deep fried, the bacon undercooked and rubbery, the mushrooms swimming in fat and the eggs fried en masse then cut up and left in a tin. The bread was cheap, nasty and hard so I decided to have toast instead. Forget it! The toasters were rubbish and took an age to even warm up. The continental buffet was no better. The fruit salad was bland and going brown and definitely wasn't fresh. The selection of yoghurts, cheeses and pastries was very poor. The fruit juices on offer could not have been made with real fruit. They tasted synthetic. At this point, I had lost my appetite but was in need of a cup of tea. Oh dear! Flasks of warm water (not even remotely hot, let alone, boiled!) were put out for you to pour onto a teabag in a teacup. All of the breakfast ingredients were of really poor quality. And the price for all this? £8.50 per person! A rip-off....

Customer service wasn't the best either. Receptionist No1 was obviously new to the role. The poor girl has been let down by not receiving proper training so her lack of knowledge and confidence was not entirely her fault. Receptionist No2 appeared bored and obviously wished she was elsewhere. She seemed to think it acceptable to chew chewing gum while pulling the sleeves of her jumper over her hands while dealing with customers. Not very professional. The lad in the restaurant put chairs back under the tables by kicking them. And not just the once either.

The location of the hotel is great. I would recommend it but feel that customer service needs improving and the breakfast avoided.

Dear Guest,

Firstly I would like to thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at The Bridge Hotel, Chertsey. It is always great to receive feedback from our guests.

In regards to the comments regarding your room, I am glad you enjoyed the delights of our newly refurbished deluxe rooms. They do indeed offer beautiful views over the River Thames and our well appointed.

I am very sorry to hear that your breakfast experience did not live up to your expectations. I have spoken with the waiting team and Chef present that morning and they would like to send on their apologies. The service was clearly not up to the standards I expect and I will be making changes to this so this does not happen again.

I would like to thank you for bringing these matters to my attention and once again I thank you for your comments.

Kent
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights at the beginning of October as we had tickets for Thorpe park and this place was only £20 dearer per night than the Travelodge in Staines. Upon entering the hotel staff were friendly and attentive. We stayed in a 'Deluxe' room boasting large TV which was very large indeed, bath robes, luxury bathroom and king-size bed plus the usual amenities expected. The room itself was very spacious with a sofa, desk with chair and 2 tub chairs which seemed a little unnecessary but still. Unfortunately the tea mugs were dirty and we didn't receive the still/sparkling mineral water advertised. The lamp shades on the bedside tables were full of dust, one was battered up and didn't even have a light bulb so this was a little annoying when partner wanted to sleep and I wanted to read. One of the bathrobes had make up/lipstick stains on which wasn't that pleasant. Our room was situated on the corner of the hotel facing the busy road (which wasn't a problem noise wise) and the front of the hotel. There wasn't much in the way of a view, despite cheaper standard rooms having a river view the best we got was a view of a tree and a petrol station. This was very disappointing as we paid more to have a deluxe room and actually specified a view in the room requests, we arrived very late so didn't feel up to complaining about it. One of the bigger issues was that there was an internal door in our room which opened onto another door which turned out to be from the room opposite. We found this a little unnerving, we could hear conversations from next door and coughing in the middle of the night. I can only presume that the doors are opened for use by families.

Downstairs there is a lovely refurbished restaurant with stunning views of the river and Chertsey bridge. We had breakfast here which cost around £8 each for a full English. The portion size was perfect and food was of a high quality. The restaurant did have a very strange atmosphere though, there was really no atmosphere at all, more so in the evenings. I thought that perhaps this could be because there were a high proportion of guests who were dining alone on business and didn't seem to make much conversation.. it was just a little strange, couldn't quite put my finger on it. We ate food from the evening menu which like the breakfast was of high quality; would recommend the prawn cocktail.

The hotel was close to Thorpe park and Chertsey station. It cost around £4.50 in a taxi from the station and around £8 in a taxi to Thorpe park. The garage opposite is reasonably priced (I think it's a Spar mini supermarket) for snacks and drinks.

Overall we had a nice stay here but would have expected a little more for the price we paid.

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity by apologising for the errors that were evident during your time with us. I will be talking twith the housekeeping team to investigate into the stained mugs, missed complimentary water and presence of dust. On their behalf I apologise.

I am glad however that you enjoyed your dining experience at both dinner and breakfast. We are making some few alterations at present in regards to the lighting in our restaurant. With these changes we are trying to make the space more intimate, cosy and a more comfortable atmosphere.

Once again, I thank you for your comments. Without these we are unable to provide a better and improved service.

Many Thanks,

Been to The Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!