“very rude” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
selby
“very rude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

waited for 20mins for a menu, no apology nothong, they talk about you in Italian while you are there, they say they do take away but you are bottom of the list. very very rude.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
gianluca s, Owner at Per Bacco, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Smile you were on cctv. We were absolutely dismayed when we read your review and watched your arrival to departure to see what went wrong. In fact you waited four minutes before you received a menu and did not complain to anyone . Here we speak english and italian but never to insult or make our customers uncomfortable. Yours is the first complaint we have ever had and we fail to understand what possible reason you could have for doing this.

Renfrew, United Kingdom
“Perfect meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife went Here for our dinner on way our first night staying in a local cottage staff where very friendly great service lovely fresh food one of the best duck meals I've had I wish this was near home !!!

Visited November 2013
York, United Kingdom
“Excellent meal in good surroundings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We went on recommendation of a friend and were not disappointed. We received a warm and friendly welcome into a spotless restaurant - nice atmosphere. The food was presented well and was excellent. We felt valued as customers and there was no pressure to order more courses or drinks. We will be back!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A bad day? Awful!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

The food was horrendous! Me and my husband eat out a lot and not once have I ever used those words.

I ordered the bruschetta with mushrooms for starter. The piece of bread was about the size of my thumb nail, the mushrooms looked shrivelled and the sauce just tasted like warm cream. No seasoning whatsoever! However my husband did enjoy his platter of meat... But then again that doesn't require cooking.

I got the veal for main, it was the most unappealing looking dish I've ever seen! The sauce looked curdled and split, the veal could have been chicken you wouldn't of been to tell. Whatever the meat was it was tough, gristly and stringy. All that topped of with what tasted like 50 tbsp of sage!

My husband got the liver, it was over cooked but other than that he said it was 'Acceptable'.

When the waitress asked why I hadn't eaten it, I tried to explain to her that it was not edible (she didn't seem to understand) and when I said that all you could taste was sage she said that's how the dish should be (I've had it before and that's not how it should be) you might as well have just served a plate of sage. I was not offered a refund or anything else in replace ... Which I wouldn't have wanted to wait a further hour and a half for another dish anyway.

Service was terrible, all in all I think just to many tables not enough staff as for the chef? I pray it was just a bad day for them... unless everyone on here reviewing ate at a different restaurant!

Really gutted ... Was looking forward to it after reading reviews of good food! That's £60 ill never see again or spend again here. Might have given it another chance had the staff apologised for serving me what they did and offer a replacement or refund.

Suffice to say I didn't get a dessert!

york
“Great meal, great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Had a meal here tonight, first time in the new place. Owners are really nice, the place is friendly. We had starters and I had one of the main specials. Faultless food, will be going again, soon.

• Visited October 2013