“Very poor” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Kingsgate
Cuisines: English, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: With a unique childrens outdoor and indoor play area close to the bar serving snacks and light meals. Our restaurant is separate and raised from our bar area with our ever so popular restaurant menu. A friendly, family pub and restaurant with spectacular cliff top views close to the beach. Providing fresh home cooked food and local real ale.Catering for all ages all year round serving food from 12pm till 9.30pm/10pm 7 days a week.
Broadstairs
“Very poor”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

You should not visit. Staff were okay, but you get better food in mcdonalds. It was truly the worst burger, fish and pie we have ever had. I wouldn't even serve that slop to my dog. So angry, paid and walked. Never will return

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Captaindigby I, Manager at Captain Digby, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
I am very sorry to hear you had a bad experience back in December and apologise for the late response. I hope you will visit the Captain Digby again as we do appreciate your feedback and understand that every once in a while customers may have at least one bad experience in any one place. We are determined not to disappoint and if ever your meals are not satisfactory please tell a member of our team and we would happily replace anything that you are not happy with. We hope to see you again. Many Thanks.

Kent, England
“The staff were good, but....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I couldn't fault the staff, but the food was horrible cheap muck, I didn't touch my main meal £14:95 just looking at it made me feel ill. I have to admit the other 5 diners at the table ate theirs and said it was ok, but I like freshly home cooked food.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Great Food, friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Have eaten here several times with friends. Food is always spot on, hence the reason my friends and I return time and time again. Staff are friendly, service good, food is amazing and reasonably priced.

Broadstairs, United Kingdom
“OK but”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Great position and really nice staff but the food can be a bit hit and miss. Lovely spot for a quiet beer on a sunny day and the coffee is excellent.Will give another go.

Visited November 2013
Margate, United Kingdom
“yet again great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Went for my birthday 2Nov what another great night amazing food as usual, these people who give poor reviews are mad, this place is great, the staff brilliant and as for holly the manager's she is amazing she is always very welcoming, great attitude towards the customers cannot fault her, the food well what more can I say amazing as usual, you must try the stuffed mushrooms and the cajun chicken and chocolate brownie, holly would love to get the recipe for the cajun chicken. Brilliant brilliant brilliant, a HUGE HUGE HUGE thank you for a great wonderful amazing night thank you. Kellie

• Visited October 2013