“yet again great food” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Restaurants in Kingsgate
Cuisines: English, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: With a unique childrens outdoor and indoor play area close to the bar serving snacks and light meals. Our restaurant is separate and raised from our bar area with our ever so popular restaurant menu. A friendly, family pub and restaurant with spectacular cliff top views close to the beach. Providing fresh home cooked food and local real ale.Catering for all ages all year round serving food from 12pm till 9.30pm/10pm 7 days a week.
Margate, United Kingdom
“yet again great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Went for my birthday 2Nov what another great night amazing food as usual, these people who give poor reviews are mad, this place is great, the staff brilliant and as for holly the manager's she is amazing she is always very welcoming, great attitude towards the customers cannot fault her, the food well what more can I say amazing as usual, you must try the stuffed mushrooms and the cajun chicken and chocolate brownie, holly would love to get the recipe for the cajun chicken. Brilliant brilliant brilliant, a HUGE HUGE HUGE thank you for a great wonderful amazing night thank you. Kellie

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ramsgate, United Kingdom
“Not bad but maybe could do better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

The service is a little haphazard, which makes for a little confusion. A quick 10 minute meeting at the beginning of each shift may help. Food is served in large portions, but could have a little more care taken in presentation. Ok though. Well done.

Visited September 2013
broadstairs
“No push chairs allowed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Turned up with my family. On entry was told I could not bring in my push chair. I explained I would fold it up and keep my baby in his seat. But was told that was not possible. So I had to take the chair back to the car. Not the best start to our visit. We then ordered burger, and fish. Burger was raw and fish sub standard. Also over heard others saying how bad things were. Then saw a old gentleman being turn away because he had a dog. No dogs in the bar any more no push chairs even when folded away, would understand if this was a up market place, but this is certainly not a elite establishment. The managers should be ashamed.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“GREAT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Went for Sunday lunch. I'd never visited, but husband had.......donkey's years ago. We had a warm welcome, were shown a good table and were served quickly. The restaurant was fairly busy, but not heaving. Drinks were good, my coffee hot with choice of cream or milk, and Guinness, really cold. Sunday roasts....pork or beef....lovely, great slab of meat, lots of fresh veg, extra gravy and all the usual trimmings. All piping hot and well presented. Was really full, had no room for puds, but judging by other diners plates - all dishes huge! A great place for families with children, elderly and people in wheelchairs all accommodated for quickly. We are quite picky, but could not find a fault with anything, so look forward to the next visit. Great location too, overlooking Kingsgate Bay.....reminded me of Cornwall a bit. Great! Really good value for money.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
“Redressing the balance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I wanted to write this review because of the poor reviews I have read. The Captain Digby is good value in my opinion. I have enjoyed the food there on several lunchtime occasions, not perfect perhaps, but I have not had a bad meal so far. Possibly it depends on the time and pressure of the restaurant, which can fill quite quickly. The staff have been attentive, friendly and helpful and I am certainly going back. There is a seating area outside overlooking the bay and spectacular scenery. We arrived in a storm once and watched entralled as the waves crashed against the cliffs over the bay. Good seafood platter that day, too, I remember. Coffee club weekday mornings, I think.

• Visited February 2013