We stayed with Gill & John for 3 nights in early September 2012, booked when we saw some decent weather forecast for a few days. We couldn't have asked for a better short stay at Symonds Yat - the Guest House is very clean & comfortable, the meals very nicely prepared by John, & the view from our room (6) down the river was just unbeatable. To have that same view from the breakfast/dining room was a real bonus. Gill & John are very friendly & considerate hosts, & helped to make our stay memorable, so thank you to them.
Whatever time of year you visit Symonds Yat, you'll always find the views stunning. Turn left out of Forest View down to Biblins Bridge & back via the ferry; or turn right, over the ferry & down to Yat West & the old church; or climb up to Yat Rock for the incredible views - you won't be disappointed. We'll definitely be back to Forest View!
- Also Known As:
- Forest View Guest House Hotel Symonds Yat
- Forest View Guest House Hotel
- Forest View Guest House Symonds Yat, England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our four star guest-house. Visitors will be treated to a breakfast of their choice; much needed after the multitude of outdoor activities available on the doorstep. From short breaks to long stays, Gill and John do their best to cater for individual needs to make each stay unforgettable double and twin rooms offer panoramic river views, so for those who haven't managed the cycling, kayaking, hiking, fishing or climbing, they can still appreciate the famous Three Countries View (Gloucestershire, Herefordshire and Monmouthshire) from the comfort of their room. Stunning bed and breakfast accommodation with panoramic views of the River Wye. Set in over an acre of beautiful gardens with lawns, shrubs and ornamental fish-pond. Total of eleven double bedrooms, all with en-suites. Licensed Bar,Free Wi-Fi Internet available. Conveniently located for Cheltenham, Chepstow, Gloucester, Hereford, Monmouth and Ross-on-Wye. Excellent road links to Cardiff and South Wales.Private parking. Pubs and restaurants within easy walking distance. Check-in time from 2.30pm, Check-out time is no later than 10.30am. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Forest View Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.