I would say that this hotel was the equivalent of a Sheraton or Hilton, nice, friendly, predictable, no surprises. The other reviews give details, and my one criticism is that the hotel bed squeeked! Not good for honeymooners, but I am sure it was just that one bed! Breakfast was copious and good value: one could order cooked eggs if wanted. The buffet had all the good things from yoghurts to fresh (and dried) fruits, toast (good white bread). The hotel restaurant was not in operation during our stay, and the nice bar was empty that weekend.
The hotel is completely handicap friendly (of course if in a wheelchair one would want to request a special accomodation for showers. We chose this hotel for it's 15 min. walk to the RR station that has frequent service into Barcelona. The RR track runs between the main street and the beach, so access to the beach is limited to spread out access tunnels (I didn't walk to the beach). There was a TA restaurant a block away and we also ate along the beach at MARINA restaurant which had excellent and inexpensive fresh fish dinners that were wonderful.
We parked in the garage, which had two gate systems: once we learned the drill it was quite easy. The fee was about 11 EU a day, worth it for the security, but I never felt that Mataro was unsafe in any way: it is a quiet town.
The hotel is one kilometer of the speed road into Barcelona (we ended up driving and parked underground at Playa Catalunya, no trouble at all.
Wobbly walkers: no cobblestone sidewalks, good ramps at the curb in the town. Easy access to hotel with portail covered parking area for unloading at reception. Little fridge in room. Showers large, glassed in with hand held adjustable shower heads. Nice amenities kit. I would recommend this hotel and esp. the helpful staff. Very good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El hotel NH Ciutat de Mataro, situado en Mataro, es el punto de partida ideal para descubrir todos los encantos de Cataluna. El encantador centro de la ciudad se encuentra a solo 10 minutos a pie, y la playa y el puerto deportivo, a solo 5 minutos. La proximidad de la estacion de tren y de dos autopistas importantes (NII y C32) te permite recorrer toda la provincia y llegar al centro de Barcelona en solo 20 minutos. El NH Ciutat de Mataro cuenta con estacionamiento, lo que lo convierte en un destino ideal para los huespedes que llegan en automovil. Con 106 habitaciones y 17 apartamentos, el hotel NH Ciutat de Mataro ofrece una visita inolvidable para estadias breves y prolongadas. Tanto las habitaciones para fumadores como las que son para no fumadores cuentan con ropa de cama de lujo, una decoracion acogedora y una amplia variedad de practicas comodidades. Pero ademas, el hotel NH Ciutat de Mataro es mucho mas que un lugar para dormir. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your NH Ciutat de Mataro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nh Ciutat De Mataro Hotel Mataro
- Nh Hotels Barcelona
- NH Ciutat De Mataro Province Of Barcelona, Spain