“Great Time....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites & Spa

You added Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites & Spa to your Saves list
Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C/ Narcisos s/n | Urbanización Siesta, 07840 Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza, Spain   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London UK
“Great Time....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This is a great property, really relaxed, fantastic pool, big rooms and excellent location. You can stay in the hotel or head out to the beach, which is a 5 min walk, or to the port, slightly further at 10mins, but packed with shops and restaurants. We stayed with the children (12,15) on a half board basis and the buffet offered a fantastic choice for all of us. The children kept themselves amused and even joined us in the water spa....
The real stars here though are the staff, they were absulutley superb. Friendly, always said Hola! and did everything with a smile. It really made a good stay a great one...

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
InsotelHotelGroup, Manager at Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites & Spa, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice report and for let us know how much you enjoyed your stay at Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites & SPA.
Also, thank you for sharing your experience with other guests on Tripadvisor. Your oppinion is really important for us.
We are happy to learn that our staff had made your stay relaxing and unforgottable.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

Staying in hotel for 4 weeks on arrival was told room was booked for two adults not my daughter was charged for extra bed have been here a week sleeping in a single bed with her will my partner is in another single bed no extra bed, air con doesn't work children re not allowed swim toys in pool daughter is totally bored got to pay 30 euro a day to go in sauna. Not happy with the service at all from staff we have then been told cant cancel rest of stay as we are not happy they will charge for full 4 weeks we are not satisfied and feel we have not been dealt with in a fair manner. Would not recommend this hotel especially with children

• Stayed July 2014
InsotelHotelGroup, Manager at Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites & Spa, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing your report about your stay at Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites & SPA.

I recommend to you to write us before your arrival the next time, if you make any change in your reservation, so we will could to you in advance about any extra charge. We will be at your disposal for any matter.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Spent 5 wonderful days at this hotel. Can't fault a thing. Half board worth it, wide choice of food and well presented. Cleanliness of hotel excellent. Rooms large and bathroom separate bath and shower. Staff more than helpful. Definitely a good 5star hotel. Location within walking distance to everything. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Wendy,

Thank you for writing your oppinion about your stay at Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites & SPA.
We are happy that you enjoyed all of our services and you like the property.

We hope to see you again soon.

On behalf of all staff, warm regards,

Bridgnorth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

Excellent stay at a beautiful hotel. We had a junior suite on a high floor overlooking pool,river and sea. It was a fabulous room with really comfy bed,large sofa and superb bathroom with amazing shower and great toiletries. The staff were outstanding and had lunch at the pool bar a few days which was always great. The meals in the buffet restaurant was also excellent with an amazing choice of food. We ate one night in the speciality restaurant and it was superb. If you on half board you just have to pay a small supplement for this and the monsoon restaurant. We'll worth it. Hotel in great position to walk into town and try the restaurants for a change to. Ones around the harbour especially nice. The staff are all extremely friendly and nothing is too much trouble for them. Occasionally difficult to get sunbeds around the pool but we didn't mind using the beds on the grass. Still very close to pool and girls from pool bar always coming round to take drink orders. In fact it was nice and peaceful on the grass away from the family's. More children there than we expected as it was in term time but not a big problem as it was nice to have a good age mix. Some 5 star hotels tend to have much older guests. On the whole the children were very well behaved. My only suggestion would be to keep the small pool by pool bar adult only. Had a couple of cocktails before dinner on terrace and the cocktails were lovely. Fabulous mojito. If you want a great hotel with superb staff and a nice youngish vibe you will not go wrong with this one. Only thing we would do different if we get to come again would be upgrade to a suite with terrace and jacuzzi. Perfect.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for takint time for writing your report about your stay at Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites & SPA.
We are really happy to learn that you anjoyed your holidays in our property and the services our staff offer.

Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

The hotel is very nice and received an upgrade from a standard room to a suite with jacuzzi, which is obviously a very nice start.
HOWEVER:

- nobody took our bags when we arrived (neither from the car nor to our room)

- the jacuzzi is cold when you arrive. You need to call a technician who dismantles the jacuzzi to fill in hot water. Whole procedure took an hour from when I called reception until we could finally use it

- there is no tea or coffee making facility in the room. While I usually don't bother, I unfortunately had a bronchitis and needed to drink a lot of tea. The initial suggestion from reception was to ask room service for hot water and tea bags. Doing so resulted in a pot of tea at a charge of about 4€ plus 8€ delivery charge, i.e. 12€ for hot water and a couple of tea bags. I had to complain 5 times, including at check out and had to ask the receptionist to talk to the manager if I could not get a water heater because I was ill and needed to drink a lot of tea. Not so nice. Would have thought a receptionist had a bit more flexibility and wouldn't have to wait until the next day until the manager is in to check if she can take off 12€ from my room bill and send me a water heater... (btw, it worked the following day)

- there are a lot of families with small children in the hotel. That means it is not very relaxing and there are always children around (with the relating noise level)... I don't have anything against kids, but you should be aware...

- lunch at the pool restaurant took ages. After 15 minutes, still nobody came to give us a menu. So I got up to get it myself. A further 15 minutes later, somebody came to take our drinks order. I asked 3 times for someone to take our food order and were told every time that the waiter would be with us shortly. Another 10 minutes later the waiter arrived after I got up to ask him to stop by our table, i.e. about 40 minutes after sitting down at the table, we were finally able to place our order... unbelievable! Cleary not enough staff and not well trained. Also the other guests at surrounding tables didn't seem too impressed by the service quality. Food was nice though

The biggest no go was at check out. I had to ask again that the ridiculous charge for the tea is taken off the bill. I explained that I already reached out to reception a couple of times regarding this matter. The receptionist (Lydia) suddenly got very aggressive. She told me I signed the bill and by the way I would be in Spain and should be lucky that she is talking with me in English. (I am German by the way, so English is also not my mother tongue). Not sure what prompted this. I walked away to have breakfast and she shouted across the lobby to me that she would simply charge me for everything. An hour later when we just left our room with our luggage the phone rang and she told my wife that the tea would be taken off the bill... having just checked my credit card bill, they did not!

One final note on the jacuzzi suites: I checked the regular Internet price for the room (700-800€ per night) and it is definitely NOT worth it. For that kind of money, you can stay in a Four Seasons or something similar. Not sure how the standard room would have been (for about 330€ over the Internet), which I still find ridiculously high for a hotel with this service level.

BTW: We also stayed in the Aguas hotel in the same town. It is a different experience and I could not recommend the one over the other because they are so different.

Room Tip: Try to get a higher floor room (floor 3 or 4) with sea view. Jacuzzi suites are nice if you get a go...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites & SPA for your holidays.

Also, thank you for the feedback you wrote about your stay. It´s very important for us to improve the issues you mentioned. I take a good note about the issues to improve.

We hope to see you again soon in our property and to be able to offer an excellent service.

Voorburg, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We stayed in Insotel Fenicia Prestige in Ibiza mid July 2014 with a party of 5 people, divided over 3 rooms. Overall we had a wonderful stay, with a beautiful room, gorgeous swimming pool, great buffet breakfast, situated very well, not too far from Ibiza town, but in a more quiet area. The staff at the poolbar and the Buffet breakfast were very friendly and helpful. Everyday around 12 am, they would serve fruit at the swimming pool, which we very much enjoyed.

Having travelled all over the world in various luxury 5 star hotels, there were however a couple of things missing in this hotel. Things I wouldn't like to leave unmentioned.
It started when we arrived by taxi when nobody came to help us with our suitcases. For a pregnant lady such as myself, this would have been helpful.

We booked three rooms, preferably situated on the same floor. We phoned the hotel three times before arriving, to see if they could help us with this request. They kept telling us it might be possible, but we just had to wait and see. Upon arrival we were told that we were on three different floors and that it wouldnt be possible to be on the same floor at all. I feel the hotel could have put a little more effort in a different arrangement of rooms. It's a small thing that makes a stay even more enjoyable .

Furthermore, I would expect complimentary water in the rooms and some tea- and coffee making facilities. I also missed the turn down service at Fenicia Prestige. It's definitely not a must, but always provides an extra touch when staying in a 5 star hotel.

What surprised us the most during our 10-day stay was the poolboy and the (absence of enforcement of) the no-reservation policy at the pool area. People who arrived later than 10 am had to lie on the grass. This would be acceptable when booking a 3 star hotel, but in a 5 star hotel this in unacceptable. In other words, there were not enough sunbeds, and the same for umbrellas. The hotel had a pool-guy who always arrived around 9.30, but never took the responsibility he should have. Basically he sat underneath an umbrella all day, watching his Iphone, taking naps. We failed to see how this gentleman adds value to the hotel. He should be watching more carefully, preventing people from reserving beds, helping around with moving sunbeds and carrying umbrellas.

Our room was absolutely wonderful and spacious. We did however encounter some defects in our room; a toilet not flushing (took a couple of days before this was fixed) and the front door not opening with our keycards, but these were very little things.

The areas for improvement mentioned above will not prevent us from re-visiting this hotel. We had a splendid time and highly recommend it to people looking for a more quiet trip to Ibiza.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback about your stay at Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites & SPA. It´s really important for us to improve any issue in our services and for that, I assure to you that I take a good note about the details you comment.
Also, thank you for sharing your experience with others, to help them to choose destination for their´s holidays in the future.

We are happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon and offer an excellent service.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Stayed here for a week with family, wish it could have been longer.

Fantastic hotel, which is truly five star, boasting great friendly staff, exceptional rooms, beautiful hotel decor throughout, lovely swimming pools for all ages. Tempting cocktails served at the piano lounge are wonderful. Breakfast is absolutely amazing, every taste catered for. Exceptionally clean establishment throughout!

Great hotel location minutes from beaches and sea front, with quality restaurants and shopping boutiques close by off the plaza.

Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel in this superb classy resort. All staff involved in the operation of this hotel must be congratulated for their efforts in making this hotel so good! The bench mark is set here, pretty hard to beat.
Will no doubt return soon! Hopefully have time to check out the rather cool looking spa next time when we visit!

Stayed June 2014
InsotelHotelGroup, Manager at Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites & Spa, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our property for your holidyas and for your feedback. We are really happy to learn that you enjoyed so much your stay and all our services.
Also, thank you for sharing your experience with other guests on Tripadvisor.com. It´s really useful for them and important for us to improve any issue if necessary.

We really hope to see you again soon at Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites & SPA.

Hotel Manager

Been to Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites & Spa? Share your experiences!