“Tiny Tiny Tiny rooms” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Destino Pacha Ibiza Resort

You added Destino Pacha Ibiza Resort to your Saves list
Destino Pacha Ibiza Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Avenida Cap Martinet, 07819 Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza, Spain   |
Barcelona, Spain
“Tiny Tiny Tiny rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

the hotel is beautiful and the staff are very helpfull and always have a smile on their face. BUT the rooms are like a shoebox. There is absolutely No room to move around he bed and the bathrooms are ridiculously narrow and uncomfortable. The arquitect that designed them must have been a relative of Bilbo Baggins!!!! If I was the management of the hotel I would do something about it since I don't think any customer in their right mind would ever come back knowing the size of the rooms (at 300€ a night in September) despite the rest of the hotel being really nice, especially the pool area.
Restaurant and pool menus are also very over priced. a bottle of water 7€ or a tiny cocktail (very small glasses) @ 16€.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Budapest, Hungary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I am a bit sad because this could be a great property even thou the rooms are extremely tiny.

The hotel is part of the Pacha group. Certainly a name to be reckoned with when your in Ibiza. This was a hotel before however after some renovation and some badly needed pools it opened to the public in the summer of 2013. Location wise its about 10 minutes taxi drive away from the city centre. Around 11EUR

Once you arrive a magnificent lobby area awaits you with an equally breathtaking pool area. It is debatable if you need to have the loud thumping music around the pool all day long....however this after all is Ibiza, party capital of the world so u sort of get used to it.....but I personally love to dose off in the deck chairs...here this is impossible because of the loud music.

The rooms are very small. Internet is free and fast. Cleaning wise I was not overly impressed.

And now for the bad part:
The pool area and the restaurant seems to be overloaded with employees. The majority of the staff is simply rude. They seem to hate the guests even thou you are paying top dollar to stay here. My room, my mousehole rather in off season was 210EUR with breakfast.

Breakfast is very good. No complaints there.

Pool side snacks and dinner is simply perfect. When I say perfect I am talking about the food quality.
Prices are just a joke. A small piece of stake was 28EUR plus the fries 8EUR plus a little aubergine another 8EUR with a bottle of water running for 7EUR.

If I would be "Mr.Pacha" I would sack the whole managment. This hotel is simply not good because of the greedy attitude...the complete lack of proper well trained staff and the obsession for trying to be extra chic and fancy.

Sad....this could be so much more. But it isnt.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

If you want to spend a day of absolute luxury, relaxation, beautiful people, great fusion food : then spend a day at the Destino. Go during the off-season. Mid june is probably the best time of the year. I had one of the best days ever there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Otford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

The hotel is amazing. By far the most chic hotel we have stayed at and filled with best looking guests we have ever seen (where do these people come from...). Our room was huge (although i understand some people have complained about the room size we didn't ask or book anything special). We had a lounge area, two tv's, a surround sound system, a double shower complete with double shower heads and controls, a huge bath at the foot of our bed and a fantastic view over the sea. The included breakfast is great with lots of variety, but if you order any room service of drinks at the pool expect to pay a small fortune. Beers were EUR10 each, room service of 2 beers and 2 burgers came to EUR70. Ideal for a romantic weekend away which was exactly what we were looking for. Although we saw kids in the pool this is not the island or the hotel to take kids to.

Room Tip: Although the rooms around the pool have the best view they are also closest to the speaker system, r...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Htl Saint-Nicolas L - 5533 Remich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

my sons knew the revenue manager and his wife: same university in Marbella.
even the parents in law were met just before in Bangkok.
So no surprise: the resort is amazing,the food, starting with the morning buffet perfect.
Actually we were surprised. all over the island gastronomy is ok.
The resort is amazingly well with a good ambience.
Only point I did not agree with: considering tempertures in those areas you drink a lot,
lots of wine but also lots of water. Since tap water is tasting no good you rely on minibar.
smartly styled scandiavian bottles with 0,375 l of mineral water ( about 3 to fill a liter)
Pay 8 € for 1/3 liter of water is just not my budget., maybe it is yours, easily.?
Another point was: taxi-pick-up being at 7 am we asked for a brief continental breakfast at 6.45.
This was quite lousy: even with 4 staff behind reception desk. there was no suggestion or question if the meagerly laid table was enough. So disappointing I discarted any request for more.
But pool service is perfect and instant: bottles of.wine, snacks a.s.o.

Room Tip: take a taxi to next supermarket (12 euro) and fill up with mineral water at bargain prices.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
York, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

As an Ibiza resident, I know the Pacha brand well. I have now been to El Destino for the day twice, with friends and with my wife in July and in September.

It is in a stunning location, with views across Talamanca and the sea towards Formentera.

A serious amount of money has been spent on the place itself, but almost nothing on training,it would seem.

First the good stuff - the food and drink are really good, albeit not cheap. But, and it is a big but, the service is shocking. I had to ask for several items 2, or 3 times and on more than one occasion I received the wrong order. The service is also consistently too slow. The staff just don't seem to care.

When I arrived on the first trip my (specifically requested) sun bed was not ready, and on the second occasion it took two follow up e mails to get it right on arrival.

Some of the building work is showing signs of wear and tear already - there was a visible tide mark around the main pool on my second visit.

I know Pacha will get it right sooner or later and I sincerely hope that it will be sooner!

Room Tip: Book through a named contact and keep your e mail traffic to hand on arrival. Don't be afraid to...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

It seems like there is a very common theme in the majority of these reviews. The hotel is fantastic but the service levels are unbelievably bad. The location and the general layout are perfect and the atmosphere around the hotel was fantastic. The rooms are a little bit small but nothing to really worry about. The pool area is fantastic and that is what the hotel should be selling but it is also where the main problems lie.

On two seperate days we had day beds booked by the pool and confirmed by reception. The first of these days we arrived at the pool and asked who we should speak to regarding reserved beds. The first person told us to go over to the bar and ask there as he did not know. When I went to the bar I was told that all the beds were now taken. When I responded that I had booked one he said that I should speak to the lady in the restaurant who looks after the reservations. I then walked over to the restaurant and spoke to the lady there....she had my reservation on screen and told me which bed it was and told me that she would take me to the manager to get it organised. Finally, I was got to speak to the manager who was totally useless and said that he had already given the bed away because it was so busy. Basically, he was too stupid to realise what it means to reserve a bed. He then walked around scratching his head, looking clueless for 15 minutes before coming back offering to book one for the following day for us! I won't bore you with the second day...

There are two other areas which need to be sorted out.

Service around the pool. On two seperate ocasions we had to wait over 45 minutes to get some drinks. Danny seems to be the only person working there who is able to use his brain.

Taxis. Waiting for 1 hour to get a taxi in a hotel is far too long. The hotel either need their own car service or to ensure they are getting preferential treatment for their guests from a local firm.

We had a great stay and really enjoyed ourselves but the Pacha Group need to do a bit of work to ensure this hotel does not become a flop.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Destino Pacha Ibiza Resort? Share your experiences!