“Perfect family holiday!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Invisa Hotel Club Cala Verde

You added Invisa Hotel Club Cala Verde to your Saves list
Invisa Hotel Club Cala Verde
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Playa de Es Figueral, 07850 Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza, Spain   |
“Perfect family holiday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

We spent 2 weeks here, returning home last weds. Initially I was apprehensive as we have stayed in other places in Ibiza before and we only booked this place because where we originally wanted was fully booked. I read the reviews on here and was worried about the remoteness of the place and the slope/stairs. However, I needn't have worried at all and in fact I am glad the other place was full! Yes it is remote, but there's so much going on that it's not a problem, plus you can use the hotel bus to go out if needed. Yes there is a slope to the beach which is steep, but it takes less than 2 mins to walk down and on the way back up you can stop in the brasserie for a nice cold drink. Yes there are lots of stairs, but this does depend on the block you stay in and to be honest I needed some exercise with all the food I consumed being all inclusive! If stairs will be a problem for you I would suggest requesting block 1 which is where reception is located. My 2 daughters didn't have a problem with the slope or stairs and they are only 7 and 2 - we didn't bother to take a pushchair as I knew it would be more trouble than it was worth and they were happy to walk.

Location - the resort has the cala verde and cala blanca hotels, the pirate island, a doctor and pharmacy, spar shop nearby and another shop down by the beach.

Rooms - basic but clean, lovely view from our room (6255), lots of stairs but as I said this didn't bother us.

Pool area - baby pool and 2 big pools perfect for my kids, no problem getting sunbeds even though we were there at peak time being the middle of August. Some people do go and reserve beds at 7.30am but we were able to go down at 8.15/8.30am and find beds without a problem. Bar is on hand so drinks and ice creams available all day. We also walked to the pirate island which my children loved, it takes about 5 mins to walk to is a really pleasant, quiet stroll. Sunbeds all around the pirate island and the snack bar - perfect for spending a day there.

Food - fantastic choice, always something everyone would enjoy. Some foods stay the same each night which to me isn't a problem as it means there will always be something my children will eat, but there is also a different theme each night eg seafood, oriental etc to give plenty of variety and the chance to try something new. Lovely salads, meats, lots of choice. Breakfast and lunch options also very good, loads to choose from, breakfast donuts were amazing (just like Krispy kremes!). The brasserie is also great, we used this for lunch as it is shaded and my children liked the pizza, hotdogs and chips.

Entertainment - we took part in daytime activities such as Jenga, archery, beach games, water polo, aerobics, water aerobics, shooting and all we're enjoyable. The animation team encourage you to take part and make the activities really enjoyable. They very quickly remember names and are very friendly without pressuring you to take part. They make a real effort with the children and are so pleasant. Lupo, Laura, Alex and Daniele deserve a special mention - so hard working, fun and genuinely lovely people. The kids club was popular - mine children chose not to go to the club but I would've been happy for them to if they had wanted to, again the staff are very attentive and ensure the children have a great time arranging all sorts of activities both by the look and on the beach/around the resort. The evening entertainment was varied - different shows each night. My children loved the mini disco which is 8.30-9 and more often than not they wanted to go up to bed after this which was fine as my husband and I could then sit on the balcony and have drinks/play cards. When we did watch the evening shows that start at 9.30 we enjoyed them. Other people have criticised the shows in their reviews but I'm not sure what they would be expecting. It does get busy and as other people have mentioned if you leave your seats unattended other people do just take them which could be annoying, but we just made sure that one of us went to the bar and one stayed where we were sitting to ensure this didn't happen. I've also read in other reviews that the bar gets very busy which I agree with, however the small pool side bar is also open and no one else seemed to use this - I don't know why as there was no queue at all at this one.

Photographer - the photographers take photos during the day and evenings. You are then able to go and view the photos and decide whether to buy any. No pressure to buy from the staff and the packages for having the photos on a disc with some prints were reasonable priced in my option, as the quality of the pictures and prints is brilliant. We paid for a small selection of the ones we were in.

Reception - The reception area is lovely, the staff are fantastic and do anything they can to help - excellent service. One day I need some paracetamol and had forgotten to pack any. Because the pharmacy is about 10mins away the hotel send a car there each day to pick up anything people have requested, so I asked for paracetamol and it was delivered by 5pm. You don't pay for the service, only the tablets needed.

You can pay 20 euro deposit per towel to hire beach towels from reception and I would recommend this as towels take up so much room in cases. You can change the towels when needed and your money is returned when you hand them in at the end of your holiday.

On the day we left we had an early flight and thought we wouldn't be able to eat before we left, however reception will arrange for a cold breakfast to be provided so they open the restaurant early for this leaving.

We had one day of rain so we went down to reception at about 10.30am, and asked about hiring a car. Within less than 10 mins a man arrived to drive us to the cala blanca hotel where the hire place is and by 11.15 we were out and about driving round the island for a very reasonable price.

There is a small shop within the hotel which has essentials and there are souvenirs available to buy at reception.

The only negatives I could mention (and this is being picky) - the beds aren't the most comfortable, perhaps some new mattresses needed and the floor around the pool area did need a good clean some days but part of the problem is people leaving litter and not showering when they've been to the beach. Also the wifi is not free and apparently is not very good so we didn't bother paying for it. There are 2 computers for use if internet access in needed and it's about 1 euro for 10mins.

I have tried to cover as much as possible in this review as when we were booking our holiday i read loads of reviews on here and found them really helpful.

Overall this is one of the best holidays I have ever been on. We enjoyed every day, even the rainy day. The hotel is lovely, the location is perfect, the staff do everything they can to ensure you have an enjoyable holiday.

Room Tip: If stairs are a problem request block 1. Lovely views from most rooms.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Invisa-Hot, Gerente at Invisa Hotel Club Cala Verde, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you for your kind words. We are happy to know that you enjoyed our staff, services and Resort and we hope that you will visit us again in your next holiday to Ibiza. We appreciate your kind words and we invite you to follow us on our Facebook page: Invisa Hoteles.

Thank you and kind Regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Polish first
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

Arrived at Club Cala Blanca at 1am after our 2 hour transfer to be told we were staying at the Cala Verde. To say I was unhappy about this was an understatement as everything I'd read pointed to this being inferior to the Cala Blanca. However with a 2 year old to get to bed I decided that this would be a problem best dealt with the next morning. We were then taken to our room in a golf buggy up a crazy steep hill which added to my worries. Woke next morning to a beautiful view of the sea from our premier room. The room itself was lovely. Very very clean and modern with plenty of space for my little boy to play. Went straight to meet with the rep to state my concerns and she advised that many people prefer the Cala Verde but she would see about getting us moved. Anyway to cut a long story short, after a walk around after breakfast we decided to stay at the Cala Verde but to try and get a room nearer the facilities as I wasn't able to push the buggy up or down the steep hill on my own! The hotel moved us to room 2126 on our 3rd day and it was amazing-overlooking the pool and with beautiful views of the beach. Apparently people pay a lot more for these rooms so felt quite smug! Huge balcony too. You can use the facilities of both hotels anyway.

Despite this initial issue we had a fantastic holiday. The food here is gorgeous. Felt more like eating in a restaurant than a buffet. We ate breakfast in the main dining room but had lunch and dinner in the Brasserie BBQ restaurant as you can have the burgers/hot dogs/chips from here or pop upstairs to the main buffet and bring your food down. Huge paellas prepared everyday for lunch which I ate with sea bass or chicken and a different theme every night. Mexican was very good as were the Marinara nights with the salmon. Any queues that formed went down very quickly and never experienced any pushing in. Drinks are self service at meal times and although the white wine wasn't up to much the rose was great. Wandered out the the little Italian restaurant outside the Cala Blanca for our anniversary and had a nice meal, although I missed the friendliness of the Cala Verde staff who always went out of their way to give our little boy some attention at meal times.

Staff here are wonderful. They work very hard to make sure guests have a great holiday. When we moved to our second room there was no bath so I asked reception if they had a bath mat for our little boy to stand on as it was very slippy. The receptionist informed me they didn't but that he would speak to housekeeping. The next day we returned to our room to find a baby bath had been provided-v happy.

We did 3 trips during our holiday. We took the boat to Ibiza Town for €20 each. This is a 2 hour journey and I'd have probably took a bus if I'd realised how long it would take. It's a nice journey though, stopping at Santa Eulalia and Cala Llonga. We also got the little train to the hippy market in Es Cana which was lovely, although the busy market with a buggy got my husband sweating! We got out fairly quickly and walked to the beautiful beach with the hippy bar for a paddle in the warm sea. We also got the free bus provided by the hotel to Santa Eulalia which gives you 3 hours to have a wander round-definitely worth doing. I would recommend that if you want to do any of the paid trips with the hotel get them booked early as they seem to fill quickly. They offer evening trips to both Las Dalias night market and Ibiza Town-great if you don't have a 2 year old!

The pool area at Cala Verde is great, although some of the sunbeds are a little close together! We never struggled to get sunbeds at 9-9.30am but heard people at the Cala Blanca complain that they got reserved early there. The animation team offer the usual aerobics, water polo, games during the day, but there's also paella and sangria demonstrations on 'Spanish Day' each week. V funny sangria demo with blow your head off sangria to drink at the end.

The only negative would be that some of the evening entertainment is a bit dodgy and set up for kids, rather than adults. The best night was when a band came in to play. Also found the mass exodus at 10.30 each night v bizarre! People desperate to get to bed on their hols?!

We had a great holiday and I left feeling very refreshed and like we'd been looked after v well. Would definitely return and think this hotel is worth every penny when I look at the cost of other all inclusive hotels during the summer hols.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Invisa-Hot, Gerente at Invisa Hotel Club Cala Verde, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you for booking with us. We are glad to know that finally you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you think in returning in your next holiday to Ibiza. We will be welcoming you. We invite you to follow us on our Facebook page: Invisa Hooteles.

Thank you and kindest Regards!
Worksop, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

I have been on this exact type of holiday for the past 5 years so I would like to think that I am able to write an honest review compared to other hotels in the same bracket so to speak.

GOOD POINTS
My 7 year old boy loved it due to the pirate island, which he spent most days terrorizing other guests with his water gun which seems to be a must and you can buy locally
The adult area is heaven if you want to go for a quiet hour away to relax or swim, with plenty of sunbeds available even at peak season.

The staff are very friendly and do work very hard.

Rooms are cleaned every day to a good standard.

Good views from the Marina restaurant.

Very close to the beach.

BAD POINTS
Bus dropped us off at the wrong hotel and had to wait 45 mins to get a lift to the right hotel.

Ants in the room. Cleaner did leave us some spray in case they came back.

Restaurant very dis-organised! Drinks seem to be one end of the room and glasses at the other. Never seemed to be any spoons for deserts or tea unless you went hunting round the room. Resulting in lots of people wandering back and forth making a busy area a whole lot busier. A damn site more chaotic than other hotels of similar size! More like a zoo at times and very frustrating.

The Marina restaurant which you can book in advance is less chaotic, but choice of food is limited, and the noise from the kids show is not to everybody's liking as it is directly to the side of the restaurant.

Food in general is ok. Not the best choice we have had. Some days we found it lukewarm, but it was replaced regularly. The queuing in the main restaurant bordered on ridiculous at times. If you did not get everything you wanted in one go then be prepared to queue a while again for so much as a scoop of chips.Everyone was in the same queue for several different choices of food.

Rooms are pretty much standard, but walls are very thin and if you have noisy neighbours then you are in for a few sleepless nights! Very noisy family next door, and when they did eventually call it a night the loud snoring took over! Toilet also kept making random loud flushing noises through the night which seemed to be a common problem.

Not really suitable for people who are not good on their feet. There is a fair distance to cover around this hotel and a few steep hills to endure.

A remote setting so if you like shopping or bars or going for walks then this is very limited here unless you catch a bus.(The hotel does run a free bus to be fair)

All in all we enjoyed our holiday here, but we have been to better for around the same price.
I would not go back and I would be selective to who I would recommend it to.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Invisa-Hot, Gerente at Invisa Hotel Club Cala Verde, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear Paul,

Thank you fr giving us your opinion. Thank you for the good points about our hotel. We are sorry about the inconvenients you had staying at our hotel.

Kind Regards!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

I have recently returned from Cala Verde after a two week stay & can only praise the staff & facilities.

My 12 year old daughter & 9 year old son had a great time & we would highly recommend this resort to others.

The animation team work very hard & are a big hit with the kiddies. I thoroughly enjoyed the Paella Lupo made one afternoon.

The beach is beautiful & the views from the pool are stunning.

The rooms are basic but very clean & the maids were always very polite. The bar staff were also great, in particular Toni & Carmen.

A visit to see Joseph the masseur is a must!

Thank you Cala Verde for a wonderful holiday!

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Zoe,

We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you had a wonderful time. We hope you will visit us again! We would be welcoming you. We invite you to follow us on our Facebook page: Invisa Hoteles.

Thank you and kindest Regards!
Wolverhampton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

What an amazing holiday......went either my 4 year old daughter Caitlyn and 7 year old son Aaron and they loved it........already thinking about when to go back!!! food was fantastic......hotel fantastic......pools fantastic.......staff very friendly and always willing to help.......bar staff were great......

The hotel was very clean, rooms made up daily. The food variety was one of the best I've had. This is definitely better than a 3 star hotel by far!!!

Drinks range was very good and not just local brands in the all inclusive.

Best of all breakfast is served till 10.45am so no need for an alarm!!! Oh and plenty of sun beds still left, and that was in august!!!

The hotel entertainment was amazing....mini club for my daughter and maxi club for my son, giving me plenty of time to relax, although there was always something to get involved in, from sangria making to water games for the adults.

The animation team work tirelessly to ensure we had a great time. Muriel, Britt, Christina, Laura, Alex, Dannielle, lupo, and of cause Jeffrey to name a few were amazing. They made us all feel very welcome and I don't think I stopped laughing all holiday. Jeffrey in particular was amazing, an asset to the hotel!!!!!. Although my daughter loved her flying lessons with Muriel!!! Ha.

The evening entertainment was also mainly done by the animation team.....which was brilliant.....the kids and me loved it. Entertainment is also outside by the pool which is great. Although if the whether is bad they easily move indoors.

Location is remote but this was perfect for us......hotel has direct access to the beach although it is a steep slope, but this allows amazing sea views from the hotel and pool side......perfect.

Overall I would absolutely recommend this hotel. Perfect family holiday.

Dear Louise,

We appreciate your kind words and we are glad to know that we made you a happy holiday! We will be welcoming you if you decide to have a holiday again to Ibiza. We also invite you to follow us on our Facebook page: Invisa Hoteles.

Thank you again and kindest regards!
liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

I’ve just returned from a two week stay and can honestly say it was one of the best holidays we have had.
The staff at this hotel work incredibly hard. The animation team / bar and restaurant staff are always on hand to help.
It’s spotlessly clean in all areas.
The food in the restaurant is of a good standard with theme nights and is replenished frequently even putting out fresh pastries ten minutes before closing. Surfaces where always wiped and food checked to ensure it was at full.
Drinks were branded spirits which was a pleasant surprise for an AI
Pool area was a good size with plenty of loungers even into the late morning so no need to get up and reserve. There was always something going on but was not "in your face" where you felt guilty if you didn't take part.
The only thing I think lets this hotel down is the evening entertainment...not saying it was awful but it was too samey either dancers from outside or the animation team performing dances. Out of 14nights I enjoyed the quiz night and the night when the band Mardy JohnyDepps played and I've got to say they where excellent. They sang a wide range of music and it was a great show to sit and chill out too.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family and if I was the type to return to the same place I would give this another visit.
The reception staffs also was very helpful collecting Paracetamol and Antibiotic prescription from Santa Eulalia when my little boy got an abscess making this whole process a lot less stressful.

Room Tip: Low floor too may stairs
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you for booking with us. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that we were helpfull with your child. We hope that you will visit us soon again. We also invite you to follow us on our Facebook page: Invisa Hoteles.

Thank you and Kind Regards!
Winchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Just returned from 7 days at Cala Verde, not one for writing reviews but our decision to book this resort was helped enormously by the time spent by others giving accounts of their experiences on tripadvisor so we hope ours can be just as helpful.

Our first proper holiday abroad since the kids came along (two boys 12 and 13) so we were anxious to get it right for us all.

Every positive comment made about this hotel was proved correct, the welcome, room, cleanliness, views, staff, facilities, activities, food, pools, beach, and oh...... did we mention the food?

We weren't disappointed and were very relieved that Cala Verde had lived up to it's recommendations and also our expectations.

We really had a great time and regret not booking for a longer stay. We can quite understand why people choose to return to this natural beauty spot, we are considering it ourselves.

Nothing in life is 100% so you have to be realistic and very tolerant wherever you holiday about sharing your time with lots of other people and their differences but the relaxed feel about this resort generally brought out the best in most folk.

Lots of fun in the sun.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Invisa-Hot, Gerente at Invisa Hotel Club Cala Verde, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear Carol,

Thank you for booking with us. We are really happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and the satisfied your needs. We hope to see you again at our Resort in your next holiday to Ibiza. Then we will be welcoming you. We also invite you to follow us on our Facebook page: Invisa Hoteles.

Thank you and kindest regards!

Been to Invisa Hotel Club Cala Verde? Share your experiences!