“Great family hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Invisa Hotel Club Cala Verde

You added Invisa Hotel Club Cala Verde to your Saves list
Invisa Hotel Club Cala Verde
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Playa de Es Figueral, 07850 Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza, Spain   |
Redditch, United Kingdom
“Great family hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

There was nine of us in our family from ages 3yrs to 60yrs . This was an excellent all inclusive hotel .But if you want bars ect near hotel there is nothing around you need to get taxis as this is very rural . All the staff are great and all work very hard . The food was brilliant couldn't fault it a good range of food and different everyday from roasts to salads to chips and burgers a great choice for everyone and the restaurant staff work hard to clear your plates and keep the tables clean . We did per book and go to cala Blanca restaurant one night but to be honest I thought the food was better in cala verde we also booked to go to the marina restaurant it's worth going as its just a change . The beach is just a few minutes walk down a hill which isn't to bad . The sand is very hot and the sea is really warm and clear also not to deep so great for kids . The views are fantastic from Down on the beach and from the hotel . Cala verde has lots of entertainment day and night the night entertainment is ok not the best but you can see they do work hard . The animation team are great with the kids my two sons age 3 and 8 were always on the stage doing the club dance and song they loved it . The kids maxi club is great to my 8 yr old went a few times doing football, beach volleyball water polo and more . My nephew and son who are both 17 also did the adults football and waterpolo . They also made lots of friends whilst they were there from cala verde and cala blanca hotel . We went down to cala blanca a few times but I preferred cala verde to be honest there are about 6 pools between the two hotels. Pirate island is a massive hit with the kids ( of all ages ) my 3 yr old loved it as its only ankle deep so I don't need to worry about being beside him all the time , also it has a bar there that has beer and soft drinks , ice lolls and certain times of the day pizza you can usually get a sun bed to . If you want a sun bed at the main pools unless you get there at 6.45 in the morning you won't get a bed this is the only thing that really did bug me as for the 10 days we were there I couldn't get a sun bed , I think the hotel do need to sort this out as the people that are putting them there are not even using them they disappear for hours at at time . I felt like removing them myself . As you are probably aware there are lots of steps . To our room we had 60 steps great for working off all that food tho . We had a pushchair but you can leave that in reception so no need to lug it up all those steps . The rooms were cleaned and beds made everyday . The rooms are average but you don't spend that much time in your room anyway but still comfortable . We made use of the buses they put on one day to st eulalia and las dalias which had a small hippy market on the saturday which was nice and also to the big hippy market on a wed in es caner . We also went into San Antonio at night by taxi with the two 17 yr olds and my 18 yr old daughter by taxi which is about 50 euros each way but worth going to see what all the night life is about cafe de mar is lovely and cafe mambo . Very expensive for drinks tho 6 euros for a bottle of beer but we found not far from cafe de mar a shop with table and chairs outside by the bay that sold 6 bottles of beer for 6 euros and its just as in as nice to sit outside there and have a drink . We also went into evissa which is ibiza town in the day there are lots of shops there if you like shopping also the harbour nice . If you want to go out and explore ibiza then you will need a bit of money for the taxis from the hotel it will cost you about 20 euros to st eulalia but if you ask the receptionist they can tell you how much the taxis are . But it's worth going out to expore ibiza .
The bars in the hotel have plenty of drinks to chose . They have ice lolls and ice cream but beware some of the Lollies you have to pay for . As I said this is a great hotel and would defiantly go back again . Also I had to take my 8 yr old to the doctors the day before we left as he had a bad ear infection , I asked at reception where to go and they told me to go to a medical centre which we did in es caner he gave him ear drops and antibiotics then gave us the bill for ... get this 200 euros . I went Back and told the hotel and they said I'd been ripped off which as you can imagine I was not happy . The hotel should have a doctor that they use that they know will not rip you off . Also spoke to my insurance and they said they should have a doctor that take e111 cards . In the end it has cost me about £50 which I suppose isn't to bad . But I heard that there was about 4 children with ear infections at about the same time as my son . I think this has something to do with the pools and not enough chlorine in them as it was that hot the chlorine evaporates . The hotel need to keep a check on this as it can spoil your holiday . But all in all a brilliant holiday and fab hotel and fab staff . Hopefully we will go back again sometime .

Room Tip: If you want sea view you have to climb more steps
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Polish first
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I have just returned home from club cala verde. I travelled with my my husband and children aged 6 and 3. We also met freinds staying at the resort. We booked with Thomas Cook.

Our transfer from from the airport took 55 minutes not 1 hour 45 mins as suggested in brochure.
My overal first impressions and offiency of staff on arrival were good.
We were quickly shown to our room and everything from pools, where to eat, free buses etc explained to us.

The rooms were fairly spacious all four of us having our own bed, decent balcony and room very clean. Small kitchenette, fair sized bathroom and balcony. Excellent air con as weather in high 30's for the 10 day duration of our stay, and ceiling fan above the bed.

The hotel sits above the beach on a cliff so the beach can only bre reached by steps or steep slope. We are beach lovers and spent almost every day on it. The water is clear, shallow and warm. Great for small children. The cove is very pictureseque.

The hotel is made up of two blocks Cala verde and Cala blanca, both are within a five minute walk from each other and you can use facilities in both.

The food was excellent we love good food and cant rave enough about how good it was. Everything from breakfast to lunch and dinner. We had everything from seafood, roasts, mexican, chinese, large meat joints, chops, steaks, skewers, potatos done every which way, pastas and numerous salads, fruits desserts and ice-cream. If you are looking for burger and chips this is not the place for you!! However the brasserie near the beach offer burgers, hotdogs, chips etc.. at lunch times.
You are able to eat at cala blanca or pre-book the Marina restaurant which offers a nice change and variety.

The kids club team work very hard day and night and do some great things with the children at miniclub and the mini disco.

The pool areas are tired and could definatly do with a revamp. New sunlougers, tables and chairs etc.. But saying that we had a lot of fun in the pools as well as our time on the beach. The views from the pool area are lovely.
Pirate island however is fantastic, spacious, clean, plentiful sun loungers, and a fantastic pirate ship where kids of all ages were having a ball and a good soaking!!!!!

From the hotel you can take a free bus to Es cana (hippy market) well worth a visit!! or to the neighbouring resort of Santa Eulalia. There is a road train that also takes you on a scenic route to the hippy market this is payable, but our kids enjoyed the novelty of the train.

From the beach you can catch a boat to Santa Eulalia, or hire pedaloes and kayaks. The sea is great for snorkelling.

The evening entertainment was ok it was held at the pool area, It would have been nice in the evening after dressing for dinner to have somewhere a little better to sit. But we still had a good time.

Overal our holiday was fab.. I think the hotel could easily be four star plus if the pool area was tidied up. We sayed for 10 nights adults and children all had a lovely time and look forward to visiting again.

The King family

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
blackpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Just arrived home from Club Cala verde and already looking at going back next year, we had a fab time! Our party were myself and my husband both early thirties, our 14 month old daughter, my 15y old niece and my 60y old mum so a mix of ages. Travelled with jet2 holidays from blackpool and had no issues. Airport transfer was 1.5 hours. On arrival at the hotel we were impressed with the surrounding areas, lovely grounds and the complex has a beautiful view of the sea. We had booked a premium room and my mum and niece a standard room we requested both to be away from night entertainment noise and unfortunately both rooms were in the noisiest areas! We asked at reception to be moved straight away but had to wait until the morning so we did. The manager was lovely and explained that the hotel was full as it was school holidays and we couldn't be moved but after a little discussion we went back to her and were told we could move after all so persevere if you aren't happy!
Premium Rooms are ONLY in blocks 2, 5 ,7 block 2 is right in front of the stage where we were initially put but it was far too noisy with our bay sleeping so we moved to block 7 which is the furthest away up a lot of steps (we counted 90!!) but it was a compromise we were willing to take for peace and quiet it was good for burning the calories off! Not suitable for disabled though. If we went again id request block 5 as a compromise. Premium Rooms were modern and spacious and the bathroom lovely and plenty of wardrobe space. The standard rooms were in all the other blocks and were a little dated but plenty big enough. Avoid rooms above reception desk they are awful and like a postage stamp as my mum found out (hence the room change)!!!
The entertainment we found to be great as we enjoy participating in most activities and there was enough going on all day. The staff work so hard in teams for smaller children (mini club) then older kids (junior club) then there was a teenagers club. Our daughter was too young to go to the mini club but she enjoyed the mini disco every night 8.30pm, the adult shows were the usual set up, it was fine for what we wanted but if you're looking for bars nearby you will be disappointed as there are none! Most teenagers went to the sister hotel Cala Blanca at 11.30pm when the shows at Cala verde finished as there was a disco there until 1am that the reps organised but apart from that its quite isolated. But you really should know that if you have done your homework!
The food was in my opinion excellent for All Inclusive and you always found something to eat -even our 14 month old ate pasta, fish, rice, vegetables we never worried. There were themed nights ie Chinese, Mexican but mostly fresh cooked pasta, salads, chicken, paella, seafood, veal, fish, all very tasty and also deserts cakes and fruit. Drinks in the restaurant on Tap were local beer, coke, fanta, sprite etc and at breakfast sparkling wine/champagne if you wanted!
The drinks were excellent and all branded, we had Disaronno (amaretto) Malibu, vodka but there was also gin, whiskey, Jaegermeister and many others including cocktails and you could get as many as you wanted, no restrictions! There was also a coffee bar. We regularly went and asked for milk for outer daughter and you could also have chocolate milk if you wanted, the free ice creams were little tubs of ice creams, mini milks and fruity mini lollies which we had everyday you could pay extra for magnums etc and crisps were also not free.There was an outside eatery which served burgers, hotdogs, pizza etc
The whole place was spotlessly clean and toilets around the pool area etc the maids came everyday with fresh towels. The nose around the pool was quite loud but we didn't mind -if you wanted peace and quiet the beach was 5 mins away and also the sister hotel Cala blanca which ad an adults only pool and chill out bar which we never made it to, but it looked nice!
You can't take lilo's or rubber rings into the swimming pools but you can take baby swim inflatables as we had them for our daughter. There is also a little pram station where you could leave your prams everyday if you wanted to next to reception it was handy for us as we didn't want to push it up 90 steps!
There is a free bus service into Santa Eularia everyday we went at 9.45am and you could stay until 12.30 but we got a taxi back earlier which was 15euros. The beach is lovely soft sand and we hired a canoe for 7 euros for an hour, you get a discount if you're all inclusive at the hotel! Great for snorkelling.
We asked to keep our room as we didn't get picked up until 4.45pm so depending on the availability it's worth asking it costs 20euros and we had the room until 3.45pm so it was great to have a shower before we left.
Pirate island is a 5minute walk away in between both hotels and was excellent for smaller kids as well as older kids- you felt safe as the water was only ankle deep and our daughter loved going on the slides herself and even liked the bucket of pouring water, we spent most afternoons there cooling off as it was so hot. No food is served here but soft drinks beer and ice lollies were available, and toilets.
I don't have any negatives really we had such a good time, there were only a few little things we would change like a club for babies would have been great and the noise at night was loud but that finished at 11.20pm Most nights but that's just our gripe as we have a baby, other than that it was worth every penny at I would recommend to any family.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I travelled here with my six year old and my mum and dad. U can not fault the cleanliness of the Hotel, or the service of any of the staff at the hotel!!!
My only fault is the for three adults and a child the room was very small and looked like a double room with a pull out bed put it in! We did however cope and the room was very clean and the towels and sheets immaculate.
The restaurant at Cala Verde served a good variety of food for adults, and the quality of the food is excellent! If u have a bit of a picky child eater they may struggle, but the snack bar offers pizza, hot dogs, burgers and chips throughout the day.
The entertainment team works extremely hard throughout the day and into the night. The children's clubs run by the hotel are lively, and the girls who run them are lovely. The adult entertainment throughout the day is what u wud expect. The evening shows are sometimes a little bit disappointing and with the hotel being very isolated it does become a bit monotonous.
The quality of the drinks served can not be faulted and the bar staff are very friendly.
All in all this was a really good hotel and a good holiday - I wud definitely recommend it

• Stayed August 2013
birmingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

A beautiful location over looking the sea made this a memorable holiday. The hotel is clean and unfussy without being anything too fancy. We had a very relaxing break here. The food is the biggest plus point. Having never been all inclusive before i was worried about the quality and repetitiveness of the food, but this was not a problem. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were always fantastic, having an excellent range of salads, meats and seafoods for the main meals. Manuel oversaw the smooth running of the restaurant ensuring the food and service was always a high standard. There was always plenty for fussy children too!

There are a couple of point to be aware of- the resort is in a very quiet area away from the main towns. There are complimentary/cheap coach trips to certain attractions, but we felt it easier to hire a car- again through the hotel. There is always a range of daytime and evening entertainment around the pool area, but the splendid beach was were we spent most of the days- lots of fish to be seen, but watch out for jellyfish.

The second point is the stairs- 94 from our room to the restaurant. Fine for walking off excessive dinners, but not good at all for families with buggies/wheelchairs.

Overall, a very good experience. The staff were efficient and friendly, the entertainment varied and enjoyable, an excellent miniclub for small children (Thanks Valentina!) and a peaceful location. Also very good value kayak/pedalo hire at the beach. Would strongly recommend.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are lovely.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We have not been to Ibiza before and it looked a bit scruffy coming from the airport. As we travelled on the shuttle bus towards Santa Eulalia and the north it became prettier and greener. The entrance road to the hotel was lovely, full of greenery shrubs and flowers.

The hotel is high up overlooking the sea, gorgeous view which you can see from the dining areas and swimming pools.

We stayed for 10 days with our two daughters aged 6 and 9. The standard room was fine, a bit outdated with the décor but we knew that from the pics. At first I worried that it would be very noisy as we were close to the pool area where the evening entertainment was. But It had heavy double glazing and things finish about 11ish.

The food was great different meats and fish with salad pasta rice etc... and we enjoyed eating at the brasserie a few steps outside of the restaurant, delicious freshly made pizzas. The beach was lovely a cove with shallow water and down a slope from the hotel. At first I thought that the sister hotel closer to the beach was better as most of the facilities seem to be there - the kids club, marina restaurant, adults pool etc... however, we ate at the restaurant there and it was smaller and more crowded.

The pirate water park was only a few minutes walk between the two hotels. The children loved this it, it was a ship with tunnels and a huge barrel that gradually filled up with water and then tipped over everyone. There was also inclusive drinks and ice creams available here.

The only small niggles were that there was not quite enough sunbeds to go round the pool and nearly all of them got 'towel' reserved early in the morning. So we did that too :) Also that in the hottest part of the day there is no kids club, I think because there are no indoor facilities, not the end of the world though.

I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a family hotel to relax in the pool and swim at the beach. It is not close to the livelier parts of Ibiza so I don't think it would be as much fun for older children and teenagers.

There is a mix of nationalities and we liked that. The entertainment is all pool based with a small stage. You can dress up in the evening or wear shorts. The entertainment is a bit crummy but the young staff work hard and do a show themselves one or two nights!

Room Tip: ask for a balcony with a roof for some shade.
Banbury
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We arrived at the hotel fairly late and after a quick check in we went for dinner which is open until 10pm each night. Our room number was in the 7### so we were grateful the porter delivered the bags straight to the room.
We paid extra for an upgrade and sea view but were left slightly disappointed as part of the view was obscured by the hotel and trees. The room was very clean but slightly on the small side with a small balcony. The bathroom had a bath and shower and was a decent size.
Food was similar most days with a small change with breakfast served until 10:45 which is helpful if you fancy a lie in.
One of the benefits staying here was that you could also use the sister hotel (Cala Blanco) which means the facilities are excellent and only a short walk away. There was some slight confusion over one of the pools at Cala Blanco as you are not allowed any lilo's etc. in the pool which was not clear and the lifeguard was rather rude trying to explain this.
The entertainment in the evening was ok and what you would expect but at least you could choose between hotels. The entertainment staff were excellent and very friendly, not only with the children (kids clubs) but also the adults who fancied joining in with football/beach volleyball etc.
The beach was very close by and only a 5 minute walk although can understand this being difficult for families with buggies or young children. The beach was clean with the sea warm - just be careful how far you venture as the nudist part is at the end!
There were lots of nationalities staying at the resort (British/Italian/French/German) which added to the atmosphere and is definitely a positive - it was also impressive that the entertainment staff could speak several languages so no-one felt left out.
As we were all inclusive we did not explore further and I think there is not much else close by apart from a chill out bar and a couple of restaurants. One recommendation would be to book into the Marina Restaurant which overlooks the sea - the food wasn't too different but it was a pleasant atmosphere and not too busy and part of the all-inclusive package.
To summarise, this is a very friendly and clean hotel with lots of areas to keep families entertained. We would definitely go back as we found it great value for money.

Room Tip: Steep walk to the higher room numbers
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Invisa Hotel Club Cala Verde? Share your experiences!