“Great Holiday” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Invisa Hotel Club Cala Blanca

Save Saved
You added Invisa Hotel Club Cala Blanca to your Saves list
Invisa Hotel Club Cala Blanca
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Playa d'Es Figueral | San Carlos - Santa Eulalia, 07850 Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza, Spain   |
Preston, United Kingdom
“Great Holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

“Great holiday experience”
Pending review
Invisa Resort Es Figuerals is in two sections, the Club Cala Verde -which is on the cliff side -and Club Cala Blanca which is beach side.
This review is for Club Cala Blanca although I will include a part review on Club Cala Verde.
Club Cala Blanca in my opinion for an all inclusive option is fantastic value. It is not near a town it is purely in a location to enjoy the beach and immediate surroundings although the Hotel offer a free courtesy bus to a nearby town and a mini train takes you to the Hippy Market.
There is the main restaurant which offers food from all walks of life at breakfast lunch and dinner. I cannot believe that you could attend the restaurant and not find anything you liked, there are theme meals as well. Fruit is also in abundance. Even if you only liked potatoes you could get them in any form!!! There is also the Marina restaurant which you have to book in advance but quite frankly the food choices there are very limited however the ambiance and view is sensational.
The hotel is beach side, it is cleaned by a tractor pulling a rake most evenings and is lifeguarded. We took advantage of the half price kayaking for residents (my husband and daughter almost made it to Tagomago the island offshore). There are fish to see for snorkelling
There is the main pool (with childrens pool) in the complex which we NEVER had a problem getting a lounger at at the beginning of August at any reasonable time during the day, there is the main bar adjacent here. The other pool where the entertainment takes place near the restaurant is a different matter and people seemed to camp out here to get a lounger however, in my opinion this is not the best place as its always crowded, there is also a bar.
There is also Pirate Island which was fantastic for the kids (and even I who can be a little wary of water slides enjoyed it). There is a pool side bar here for drinks and icecream but no food (which they don't serve to keep the place litter free and hygienic).
Our room was a low level room with terrace - it was cleaned daily by the maids and was spotless - maybe a little dated but who cares if something is a little dated if its clean - I don't go on holiday to admire the decor and sit in my room. We spotted ants one day, I mentioned it to the maid who immediately exterminated them and we weren't troubled again.
Reception were extremely friendly and couldn't do enough to help you if you had a problem - they acted immediately. We only had 2 chairs on our balcony and needed 3 - I asked and in the time it took to return to my room via the bar we had one!!!
We will definately return again.
We walked upto Club Cala Verde as you can visit their Dining Areas if you book in advance, however in our opinion their choice was limited and we preferred Cala Blanca anyway.
It was nice however to walk up there in an evening for a drink as sit on the terrace overlooking the sea it was stunning.
We travelled with Jet2 Holidays - so you don't have a rep just contact telephone numbers that suits us as we don't use a reps in resort - we use our brains and do research and plan our days ourselves - and the Hotel Reception are there to be used for their local knowledge.
I think it unfair that customers of First Choice and Thomas Cook mark the hotel down - it isn't the Hotels fault that the companies don't have a rep in resort - just don't travel with them is my advice.
Coach transfer is over an hour depending where you drop off, which we used on the way there - however on the way back we took a taxi transter of 35 mins which cost us 53 euros.

Room Tip: Choose Cala Blanca if possible rather than Cala Verde

406 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Polish first
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Cannot agree with mountain 445 at all. There are two hotels in the resort and it seems people always get dropped off at the cala verde, but if you happen to stay in the cala blanca a buggy picks you up within minutes and takes you to the other hotel including your luggage. Our room wasn't ready yet either, but we just had a drink by the pool while we waited. On our return to reception they told us that they were giving us a different room now. The original one did have sea view so I was a bit disappointed and went back to reception to talk to the manager. He told me he changed it after seeing that we had two little children and he thought the new room/suite was more suited. He even gave me the keys to check out the room/suite originally allocated to us myself, which I did and I had to agree with him. That's what I call individual service.
As far as food is concerned I again have to disagree with mountain 445. The variety was amazing. Salads, always at least two different fish, plenty of veg, potatoes, rice, pasta,bread, deserts, pizzas... and that every day. If you don't find anything you like then I don't know. I was almost feeling Ill at the end of the holiday from all the feasting.
And as to the plastic cups. Drinks were served in plastic during the day by the pool. The reason for that should be obvious. (broken glass!!!) In the evenings they used glass, except for drinks for the kids?
All in all I cannot fault it at all. It is always difficult to please everyone, but this hotel I feel makes a great effort.
If it wasn't for the fact that we never go back to the same place twice I would definitely go again. For a family holiday that is.
For young couples there is definitely too little action, but we did look for a family friendly resort and es figueral is definitely that. So: 9 out of 10

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Lincoln
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We travelled via Jet2 (recommend) Aug 12th for 11 nights. Mixed age group of adults (36-69) & children (aged 6 & 5). The transfer was longer than described taking almost an hour & a half rather than the 45/50 minutes expected although we seemed to drop off everywhere so perhaps we were just unlucky!
Rooms - Arrived at 10.15pm at the Verde hotel to be told we were staying at the Blanca and a golf buggy came promptly to take us down the hill to the Blanca with luggage. Check in was speedy and we were taken to our rooms, given a picnic each (as the restaurant had closed, rolls, sandwiches, fruit, juice & water) & shown how to work the air conditioning. The room was larger than I expected for a family of 4 as we hadn't booked a family room so I was pleasantly surprised. The room was cleaned daily and we could request that our towels & bedding was changed as often as daily if we liked or whenever we wanted it to be by simply putting a card on the beds (don't change) or the towels in the bath (change please). The rooms are basic and perhaps some are in need of refurbishment.
Negative - We had issues with the air conditioning in our original room (429) in that the temperature never dropped below 26, even overnight. I waited til day 3 to complain, someone appeared to have been in the room within hours of complaining to fix however overnight still no improvement. Day 4 made our 2nd request for someone to look at the air conditioning and again, could see that someone had been into the room but no improvement, day 5 and the same happened so we complained twice on this day, received an apology....day 6 and the same story then we were asked to go to the room at the same time as the engineer so he could teach us how to use the control!!!!! Needless to say, we were using it correctly and he told us he wanted to return after 2 hrs to see what the temperature of the room was....he never showed up. Husband went to complain for the 6th time and we were given keys to the room opposite (429) to see if we wanted to move. The temperature was 24 and reduced to below 22 in fact became quite chilly in the wee hours of the morning! This room also had a lovely sea view!
Location - The resort is spread out & proved to be quite a climb in the heat however it was manageable. Excellent location just down some steps onto the sandy beach. Water crystal clear and gently shelves making it perfect for young children. Sunbeds & umbrellas 4 Euro each for the day. Just a short journey back up to the pool bar to collect drinks when required.
Restaurant - The food in the buffet restaurant was of good quality and there was always plenty to chose from. Plenty of salads at lunchtime & dinner, always fresh bread a plenty, themed evenings catering for a vaste international guest base. Wine, beer, water & fizzy drinks are on tap in the restaurant as is tea, coffee & juice at breakfast. I agree, the restaurant gets very busy (especially at breakfast & evening meal), however we travelled in the middle of August therefore it was to be expected.
Drinks - All inclusive here includes most branded items but you have to ask for them by brand if thats what you want, otherwise you get the local version. Cocktails were a bit of a let down if I'm honest as they're all prepared in bottles. The local beer & white wine were perfectly drinkable & no complaints with the gin!
Ice creams are included however there are boards near the bars which outline which ice-creams are included, sufficient for the children & the big children too!
Pools - The pirate island pool was great for families with young children. Opening at 10am it also means that you dont need to be up early to reserve a sunbed. There's a bar up at this pool & toilets were always well maintained. The pool in the middle of the complex (behind reception) was pleasant too however got very busy although you didnt need to reserve a sunbed too early, there was usually still beds available at 9-10am. The toilets next to this pool however were not so pleasant! I can't comment on the pool near the entertainment area as it appeared to be very busy & sunbeds seemed to be reserved quite early down there. There's also an adult only pool which was gorgeous! Plenty of sunbeds here. On the mornings when the children went to kids club, we made the most of a bit of adult time in this quieter pool! Note, the drinks from the bar here are apparently not in the all inclusive however its not far from the other pool bar to walk with your drinks.
Children - Hotel run kids clubs (mini club up to age 6 and maxi club aged 7 upwards) ran daily 10am til 1pm and all day 10am til 6pm on a Wednesday. No need to pre book, simply turn up, fill in the form and leave them, signing them out again when collecting. Ours attended 4 mornings and loved it. The Blanca mini club seems to mix with the mini club from the Verde. All the staff seemed very friendly and great with the children. Mini disco 8.30pm til about 9.15pm, the staff walked around the restaurant shouting "mini disco" collecting any children interested in dancing. Adults didnt escape the fun either, joining in with the "choo choo wah" dance or whatever it was called! Wish I could get hold of a copy of that for my 2!!
Entertainment - we didnt see much of as it didnt start til 10pm. Kids films shown twice a week at night (we watched tarzan laid on sunbeds at the family pool!).
Pool towels can be hired for a 20 Euro deposit and changed daily. Safety deposit box again available with a refundable deposit 12 Euro. There was no hairdrier in the room or kettle but I'd brought my own drier and you could get drinks at breakfast from 7.45am or the bars from 10am so no real need for a kettle.
Overall we had a lovely family holiday with all our needs catered for and would recommend to families with children and yes I would return!

Co Durham
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

We did not get off to a good start on this holiday. Our transfer from the airport dropped us off at
the wrong hotel. After being driven to the correct hotel our rooms were not ready. This is a large complex and I really did not like it very much. We were told we could have free food and a drink whilst we were waiting for our rooms but this was very basic and to me inedible. It looked like left over breakfast items. When we eventually were allocated our rooms they were disappointing and required updating. I could ramble on for some time but to best assist other Tripadvisor members I will list the Good/Bad points of this resort.
Good- Location, beach was lovely and the sea crystal clear and shallow. Sports facilities although it was too hot to use them. Free buses to Santa Eulusia and Hippy Market. The flights were good.
Bad- Main resaurant was like a works canteen only busier. Food average, seemed to cater for other nationalites. Drinks mainly served in plastic beakers. Red wine was disgusting and unpalatable. There was no rep and the hotel was very isolated. My wife tried to contact the helpline once only to be put on hold. We worried about being picked up on time for the transfer home however this proved to be an improvement on the first transfer. Our rooms were up quite a steep bank from the main restaurant/beach.

As a result of this holiday I would be very reluctant to book with First Choice holidays again and I would not book an all inclusive again.

Room Tip: Get a room near the main restaurant.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

This is not a hotel but a big resort... on arrival someone was complaining saying it was no more than a glorified Butlins and after looking around I thought this a bit unfair on Butlins!
some areas and rooms are nice but not 4 star and some like mine are rough but clean.but not even 3 star. old square tvs with sticky tape holding them together! after the 3rd day of laying on the pool edge I stood up and was covered in blue paint which had melted onto me!!! The pool staff found it funny and told the manager but also told me the manager was a prat as I found out!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Just returned from 11 night stay with family. Didn't start out well room was not secure when we arrived dispute the patio being right by a path. Reception were not helpful when we complained and could not understand why we were complaining dispite them promising to fix it the next day. It was never fixed. We locked it ourselves and was secure however disappointing start. This is a large resort rather than a hotel and it is a significant walk to the dinning room. Food was not good breakfast was the same every day and seemed to cater for the Germans. Entertainment team again were mainly German although they did try. British travel agents list this as a 4 star although it is only given 3 stars by the local tourist board. Overall we had a pleasant holiday but didn't quite meet our expectations

• Stayed August 2012
Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

We have just returned from 11 night all inclusive stay at this hotel. The location of this hotel is stunning, right on the beach front.

We had asked for a pool view room & I emailed hotel several months before requesting this, we were not disappointed, hotel room overlooked main pool area also had small view of sea.

Rooms were spacious & clean, plenty large enough for our party ( 2 adults & 2 children 8 & 6)

Restaurants were great, large selection at breakfast, lunch & dinner. You'd be unlikely to find something to eat for even the most fussy eater. Paella served most days for lunch, great salad selection & the usual chips with everything for kids. Great deserts as well normally 8 or more selections to choose from.

Wine & beer on tap, tip make sure beer tap is turned fully otherwise you just get foam!

Restaurant Manager Pier was excellent host, always remembered us every time we saw him.

Main restaurant overlooks sea you can also use Marina restaurant which is above main restaurant for stunning views, this must be booked a day in advance. You can also use restaurants at Cala Verde (main buffet & BBQ) again book day in advance. We thought selection of food was better at Cala Blanca.

Animation teams worked really hard & kept kids entertained. Mini disco every night, you'll be humming tunes for weeks after!

Cala Blanca has two main pool areas, one is hub for entertainment & gets busy quickly. Other is near reception & has more sunbeds, both areas have a bar.

You can also use pool area called Pirate Adventure, this is between Cala Verde & Cala Blanca, lots of sunbeds here & pirate ship is great for kids, watch out for the crows nest!

Any negatives - only one & not really reflection on hotel, the information for English guests is very poor, Thomas Cook usually allocate this hotel to non English guests so there is no notice board in English. Any information has to found in folder & this was not kept up to date. If you want to speak to rep you need to go to Cala Verde resort about 10 minute walk away.

There is also an adult only area, you'll never have to reserve a sunbed again. Great area for relaxing although no all inclusive bar in this area.

All in all great holiday, we would return.

If you're thinking of booking here or Cala Verde & want some info, please feel free to email me with your question.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Invisa Hotel Club Cala Blanca? Share your experiences!