“Couldn't fault it” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Marina Panorama I y II

You added Hotel Marina Panorama I y II to your Saves list
Hotel Marina Panorama I y II
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Playa Es Canar s/n, c/ Pou des Lleo, 07840 Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza, Spain   |
ipswich
“Couldn't fault it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

A family of 3 sisters and husbands enjoyed our holiday at this amazing hotel. Thomson Gold delivered yet again. Great location in Es Cana. Nice resort, nice strolls, excellent safe and clean beach. Pool, lake like and warm, extra bonus is you can swim until 8pm. Nice when returning from a day out to swim in quiet warm pool to relax before getting ready for a fantastic dinner in the friendly and welcoming restaurant. Pool towels available for a deposit always a nice touch and saves on the luggage allowance. Jo Slow (Entertainment Team) a bit overwhelming at the welcome meeting but it didn't take us long to warm to her and value her various talents. Very funny and a true professional. The whole team were excellent, very good. Had rooms over looking the pool, I would advise that. Really nice view with sun on our balcony pm, which suited us. Would definitely return to this hotel and recommend it to couples 45 plus. Fermentera was lovely, as was a boat trip to Ibiza Town, however the hippy market was disappointing and I would advise you to give it a miss. We were lucky to be there for a festival and enjoyed a good 20 minutes of quality fireworks on the beach. I would recommend you book and have a really good time, Enjoy!

Room Tip: We were on floor 4 in the older hotel with a pool view and we found it to be excellent. Sun later i...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Lovely hotel, good food and extremely helpful staff. However I feel that the hotel management really need to consider arranging some non smoking areas. We tried very hard to avoid the smokers but it was not possible.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

fantastic holiday went with another couple 4 two weeks thompson staff lorraine and jade super could nt do enough 4you jo slow excellent but crazy bless entertainment a bit boring some nites but plenty of places to go if u want a change food good but a bit repetitive we had the same both weeks and veg soup every nite but would go back again

Room Tip: basic rooms are fine
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed in this Hotel 2 years ago and it was amazing. I have just come back from staying there for one week in June and had the misfortune of having an nasty accident in the restaurant area. Several complaints had been made about how slippery the floor was but nothing was done. I ended up breaking my wrist and damaging my back and the Hotel Management were horrendous. Thomson was even worse - the rep didn't even have the courtesy to ask how I was. I spent the last few days of my holiday sorting out hospital appts and necessary paperwork. At no time was I given help or support. Needless to say I will not be going back. Make sure you have a reputable, good travel insurance as several people slipped up in the same area!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Surrey, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

not what we expected,on arrival a 1 hour check in.room had a fantastic view over the ocean,but beds were more like camp beds not at all comfy.furniture old and grubby,burn holes in chairs,and stained badly.breakfast was ok but did not like the pushing in as if its the last meal to be eaten.as for the sunbeds well in 10 days we never got 1 at all,but did witness people taking more than they needed,some in shade,some in full sun,would swap over when needed shade selfish people.may i add that i am talking of elderly people not youngsters.jumping back to breakfast the ammount of food people were taking and putting in bags for their lunch was disgusting,its half board not full board shame on the brits.as for dinner well that again is bedlam needs 2 sittings really to improve this must be done.we only had 1 dinner as we enjoy time over meals,this is not possible at this place.food was for the brits shame,we get that here.a very cold feeling to the hotel,lacking atmosphere in a big way,entertainment well very poor to be honest,i saw 2 women burst out crying when 1 of the singers sang dance with my father again,we are on holiday liven this place up.so decided not for us and went and found our own entertainment.all in all had to pay for sunbeds and dinner daily.expensive holiday for over rated hotel.ok for the elderly who get up at silly o clock to put towels on beds they get lay in all year round,some of us still work,and enjoy a well deserved lay in.think maybe germans learnt from brits over beds,and food.would we go back?let me think about this lol never never never.

Room Tip: sea view good but early noise
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hull
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Once again we have had a wonderful holiday at the Panorama. This year we went with out daughter and son-in law and were a bit concerned whether they would like it or not as they stay in 5* hotels usually but, we need not have worried. They loved every minute of it, so much so, they are returing in September for another week. We are also coming back later in September and are looking forward to it very much.
The food is as usual excellent, so much choice and the Gala Night is exceptional.
Just two little gripes. As other reviewers have stated- no drawers in the rooms, couldn't believe it, did the carpenter forget to put them in? Secondly why was the lifeguard removing umbrellas from beside sunbeds when these were clearly taken. Some people who had gone in the pool came back and the brollies had gone. It seems that if the brollies were down he assumed you didn't need them. A lovely lady who was staying there, - Madge- went on brollie watch and stopped him from taking ours. There did seem to be plenty of new umbrellas near the gym and we couldn't understand why these were not used, but this did not distract from the overall holiday. Staff as usual very helpful and pleasant. Entertainment was very good expecially Jo Slow, she is so funny a real comedienne. Me and Him as good as ever and the Manager sounds very proffesional on the sax. All in all a very relaxing, enjoyable time. Can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: Ask for a double pool room, quieter.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Redditch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I stopped here in Es Cana for 2 weeks last year and wiill be returning in August. As a single traveller I get a room overlooking the sea which is unusual. The hotel is kept spotlessley clean and the staff are fantastic and will do anything for you. I don't understand how anyone can complain about the food as it is fantastic, people who say it is too similar each night seem to forget that as you have such a wide choice this is bound to happen.

There is a huge pool but the major problem is getting a sunbed if you don't want to get up very early which could easily be solved by removing some of the tables and chairs (which arn't used). and replacing them with beds during the day. In addition some people place their towels on the bed early in the morning and don't use the bed till much later in the day - surely it would be easy for the lifeguard to remove the Thomson towels if the beds are left empty for more than an hour? That said, being on my own i've never had a problem getting a bed.

There's a lovely beach just over the road and if you don't like Thomson's entertainment there is Charlie's Bar just round the corner where they have a lot of tribute bands as well as lots of other bars and restaurants. I can't wait for August to come.

Room Tip: If you like a sea view go for itbecause all outside entertainment has to finish before midnight so t...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Marina Panorama I y II? Share your experiences!