“Can't fault it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Hotel Don Carlos

You added Fiesta Hotel Don Carlos to your Saves list
Fiesta Hotel Don Carlos
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   C/ Los Rosales 53 Urb. Siesta, 07849 Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza, Spain   |
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Can't fault it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We stayed in June for two weeks & could not fault anything, food was good. Room very comfortable, although storage space was a little limited. Hotel was within 10 minutes walk of bars & shopping centre. Hotel entertainment was ok if you didn't feel like going out . A la carte restaurant was excellent. Staff very friendly, plenty of beds around the pool, although beds on the beach were charged at 10 euro.
Would go back again

Room Tip: Most rooms had sea veiws
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
PalladiumHG, Director de Recepción at Fiesta Hotel Don Carlos, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Ellen 1864
I would like to thank you for your report about your last stay in Fista Hotel Don Carlos. I was very pleased to read all the positive comments you had for us and for us it is a pleasure to know you and your friends enjoyed your vacation.
Looking forward for your next visit.
All the best

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Fabulous hotel, exceptionally clean, food good, staff friendly. We thoroughly enjoyed the entertainment and Martin and Vanessa work very hard.
Need to be up at 7 a.m. To get sun beds with umbrella, but plenty of beds. Pool is warm and very clean.
Steep steps down to lovely beach with sunbeds 4 euros a day, snack bar on beach.
About a 10 minute walk to nearest bar/restuarant but about 25 minutes to bus station where you can go to Ibiza Town for 2 euros one way. need to get bus ticket from ticket office first, but on return you pay the bus driver. 30 minutes walk to harbour and sea taxis.
Thomson rep Aaron very helpful and informative.
Only thing wrong, the cocktails are from a machine so do not taste anything like the real thing, but if you ask Cristobel he will make you a real one.
Definitely recommend a sea view room, we had a standard room and it was fine, but some of the rooms are over the bar so can be noisey but everything finishes at midnight so did not cause us any problem. Safe in rooms were free.

Room Tip: Definitely have sea view, some rooms without look over an overgrown parkland.
Derar Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking the time in giving us your value feedback in regards to your experience at Fiesta Hotel Don Carlos.
I'm happy to know that you were satisfied with our staff, cleanliness, food and some other aspects which you have mentioned.
I will share your kind comments with our team, especially to those whom you named in your review (e.g. Martin and Vanessa our entertainers and Critobal from the bar. I am sure that they will be thankful for your nice words.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Have just returned from this hotel, it was fantastic.!..We chose this for our Honeymoon and we werent disappointed. the room was huge, although we did pay extra for a suite and a sea view, well worth the extra. we also had the all inclusive option which again was worth paying extra for. Couple of tips, first, make sure you get the pool beds with a parasol, otherwise its meltsville in the afternoon, this will require getting up early (usually around 06.45), but is worth the pain to avoid having to abandon the pool for the afternoon when it gets too hot, second, choose the beds on the left hand side of the pool, these get the sun all day and well into the evening, they are also easier to turn round to catch the rays all day. The staff are all excellent and our room, like the rest of the hotel was kept spotless. The food is good, with plenty of choice, we did eat out a couple of times although this was only because we fancied a change from the hotel surroundings. The eveing entertainment is somewhat lacking, but if you dont take it to seriuosly then its fine. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a quiet holiday in a slightly out of the way location. I would definately go again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
PalladiumHG, Director de Recepción at Fiesta Hotel Don Carlos, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Lee A,

Congratulations for your recent wedding and thank you for letting us hosting you in such so memorable days.
We really appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel. The sea view suites are in fact lovely, and we are happy too that you enjoyed the room as much as the food and the service from our staff. It is always our goal and our pleasure to exceed the expectations of our guests.

Looking forward for your next visit, we remain at your service.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Arrived at the hotel to be greeted by the helpful check in staff with cool fruit drinks and towels to freshen up, which was very welcome, we had booked a sea view suite, room 233 which did have a superb sea view and was both spotless and spacious, also included a fridge,safe and tea/coffee making facilities at no extra cost. Our room had two flat screen televisions, which was a bit ott, but a nice touch, and the jacuzzl bath was superb, new towels supplied every day, and linen changed every other day by a very attentive maid (Eva). The food choice is vast at the evening meals, accompanied by decent house wine at 7 Euros a bottle, which was a greta deal, also the breakfast buffet was excellent with both the full cooked option or a selection of cold meats and cheeses available.
We have been to Santa Eulalia many times, and stayed at several hotels, and although Don Carlos is a short walk away from the town centre, it is a great choice for couples without children, seeking a relaxing break. Go for a sea view room or suite, and you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: A sea view room is a must, some other rooms overlook waste land, the sea view suites are excellent...
Dearest Eric 186338

Thank you for sharing your comments. We are delighted to know that you have had such a memorable stay at Fiesta Hotel Don Carlos.
We appreciate your positive comments about the facilities, the exquisite food and beverages and our wonderful staff. We will share your kind words with the maid Eva and the other departments referred too.

We will be happy hosting you again when you come back to Santa Eulalia.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Arrived late check in staff pleasant and offered refreshing cold juice and a cold buffet which was much appreciated after late flight. Given room 410 - firstly key didn't work but rectified , however after getting into bed heard a horrible vibrating sound even though the air conditioning was turned off. Noise was coming from roof as this is the top floor and the room is situated right underneath the large air unit on the roof. Went down to reception who made a note and told to come back in morning as couldn't do anything during night. Avoid this room as we never slept a wink!! However in morning we had room changed to 444 which was lovely and quiet overlooking the sea ~ much better.
The rest of the holiday was great . The hotel is very modern and spotlessly clean in a great location~ just a few steps down to quiet beach and at the end of the promenade into Santa Eulalia .
The staff were all very friendly and Aaron the thomson rep was really pleasant, he came around every day saying hello a lovely touch.
Pool nice and warm and the area was really relaxing especially if you managed to get a double bed overlooking the sea !! only gripe not enough umbrellas as it was very hot around the pool. The usual problem of reserving sun beds with towels and not occupying the beds for several hours!!! inconsiderate people :~(
Good choice of food in restaurant however the outdoor eating area was spoilt by smokers!! It should be made non smoking like inside as this would be much more pleasant for other diners.
Entertainment varied some good some bad but the two reps martin and vanessa worked hard
day and night .
We had a really relaxing holiday after the room change and would recommend this hotel and probably return in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
PalladiumHG, Director de Recepción at Fiesta Hotel Don Carlos, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are more than happy to know that you have had such a relaxing holidays with us, especially after you are moved to a quieter room. We are always grateful to receive feedback about our hotel, services, facilities and grounds.
We look forward to seeing you in the near future
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I have to say I was not sure what to expect from this hotel but from the moment I arrived I found it to be perfect for what I wanted which was a quiet, relaxing break. The staff at reception were always helpful, the room was comfortable, quiet, everything worked and I had a sea view. The curtains did a good job of blocking out the sunlight for a good sleep and the room was always cleaned well. The pool and other areas of the hotel were constantly being cleaned by a happy crew of cleaners who always were polite and friendly.

The spa was a bit of a let down but in the end I decided not to use this as it was only available on Thursdays and Sundays. Also they didn't seem to flexible on times so I didn't bother. I went for a run 3 times whilst there and there are some nice routes to take but be warned if you go away from the coast it can be hilly.

The staff at this hotel were the best part for me as they were always happy and helpful.

The sunbeds were comfortable and the towels clean and thick enough to be useful. The pool was always clean and maintained. I saw them on several occasions testing the water as you would expect a good hotel to do.

The hotel was smallish but well laid out and nicely decorated. As a lighting consultant this was the first place I went to that I haven't moaned about the poor lighting and although there could have been improvements it was pretty good.

The restaurant was not bad, the food could have been better but that could have just been my taste as other guests seemed to be very happy with it. some days they were really spot on but others it was a bit samey and quite oily. Also they did seem to put some odd combinations together. I was AI so had three meals a day in there but all in all it was very nice. The a la carte restaurant however was perfect and I would advise you to make the effort to eat there at least once. The staff, the setting and the food was lovely.

I am pretty sure I was the only single person there however no one seemed bothered and I was treated well by all the staff and other guests.

the coast line around the hotel is very nice and there is a town a short walk away which is easily reached from the hotel.

I am pretty fussy when I travel and I have to say that this place exceeded my expectations and I relaxed, felt well looked after and had a super time. I would even say I would go back which is high praise from me.

Room Tip: I had room 420 which was quiet, had a sea view and was on a high floor which i requested. really ni...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at Fiesta Hotel Don Carlos. Our main goal is turning your vacations into a memorable holiday. I am satisfied to hear that our staff could achieve this during your visit. I will share your kind comments with our team. I am sure that they will be thankful for your nice words.
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Pros:
- Food - stayed half board and the food's not bad at all. If you get outside and take your time, the canteen feel isn't there. We did a few days at the restaurant, some elsewhere and it broke it up. The a la carte is worth a visit;
- Staff - absolutely excellent.
- Room - really clean and spacious;

Cons:
- Pool - not enough umbrellas, and the worst thing is that the beds with them get reserved at 7.05 and they aren't used until 12:00. And it's not the Germans it's the Brits (and the older ones!) The hotel should have a use or lose policy, chuck the towels in the lobby if the beds have not been used;
- Sun-beds - now they are a little close. I think they could remove some of the chairs and give the beds more space;
- Entertainment team - I don't like the whole idea of them, but bit too loud and the games a little cheesy (the champagne game - rolling a dice around the pool! How old are we?)

It's not what you'd expect from an adults only couples hotel, particularly from the fantastic pictures that the website have. Had a good time, but not the holiday / hotel we were expecting.

Room Tip: Sea views are excellent and higher floors have less noise. Weren't overlooking the park, so had...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
PalladiumHG, Director de Recepción at Fiesta Hotel Don Carlos, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Stephen L
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We appreciated your kind comments as it concerned our staff, the clean and spacious room.
We are sorry if you could not enjoy any of the dishes from the a la carte restaurant,
Regarding placing more umbrellas around the pool we have already increased the number.
We would like to apologize if we did not meet your expectations.
Once more, thank you for your comments.
Best regards

Been to Fiesta Hotel Don Carlos? Share your experiences!