This hotel is OK, but in my view doesn't deserve the 4* rating.
Let me start with the positives:
- Good location (near Cala Llonga, about 2km from the centre of Santa Eulalia)
- Modern decor
- Friendly staff
Now the negatives:
- Sound insulation is really, really poor. You can hear the person snoring in the room next to you and if you fancy staying in bed for longer, well, you cannot. The cleaners start shift around 8.30 and they *will* wake you up.
- Poor cleaning. Both rooms and communal areas are not very clean. This shows by the attitude of the cleaning staff. We had a couple of used coffee mugs in our room - the cleaners would not pick them up after days. Also surfaces in the bathroom had dust on them and ground floor toilets were dirty,
- Food is below average. They will charge you EUR 3 for a freshly squeezed juice in breakfast. Breakfast selection is limited, but, granted, you will find most things like eggs, bacon, beans, etc.
- Room wifi is extortionate. I think it's 20 EUR per day. How can they get away with charging these prices for internet in this day and age??? There is free wifi in the lobby but speed is poor.
- Clientele is on the old side (50+). Any time of the day there are plenty of older people having a nap in the pool area and they get angry if you make even the slightest noise.
- Beach is nothing special, you'll have to drive away to find some nice swimming beaches.
- Our sea view room, was really side-sea view - we had no direct view to the beach but was told "it was a sea view room". After coming from a holiday in Formentera where we stayed in proper sea view room, the view from this hotel room was disappointing to say the least.
Overall, I'd never stay at this hotel again, primarily due to really poor sleep quality and the state of cleanliness.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fiesta Hotel Don Carlos****SUP is an adults only, exclusive hotel situaded an ideal place for a couple to spend a relaxed and romantic holiday. For a peaceful holiday for couples, friends or families, as its located right on the beachfront in a beautiful and quiet area surrounded by pine trees. It has been completely refurbished with a modern and chic touch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Tingo, Orbitz, Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Fiesta Hotel Don Carlos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Don Carlos Hotel Ibiza
- Fiesta Hotel Don Carlos Ibiza/Santa Eulalia Del Rio