Just come back from three days in Alvormar. We loved Alvor but we were disappointed with the Alvormar. The location was good two minutes from bars and restaurants and about 6 - 10 minutes from a beautiful beach. The apartment was basic and clean and had the basics. There is a small pool with sunbeds but the poolside bar was badly stocked and had not even got some basic drinks and lunch menu very limited mainly sandwiches. A lot of noise at night from other guests with banging on doors and shouting. Checkout at 10.00 a.m. is far too early, particularly when you have been kept awake for half the night. Most places we have stayed in the checkout time was 12.00 noon. As our flight was not until 8.00 p.m. we requested a late check-out and we were willing to pay, but we were refused. We were very disappointed as the hotel was not even close to being fully booked. They did however provide a room to wash and change in but the shower extension would not go into holder on the wall so it was quite awkward to wash your hair while holding the shower. I would certainly go back to Alvor but based on the above would not stay in the Alvormar and would be reluctant to recommend it. We booked private transfer from the Airport to Alvor return, with Yellowfish and while a little expensive for 2 people, we found the driver very efficient and friendly and it only took 50 minutes. The transfer would work out much cheaper if there were more people as I think the price is the same.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the village of Alvor, just 750 meters from one of the Algarve´s most beautiful beaches, and 6kms from Portimão.All 50 apartments (T0, T1 and T2) have a fully equipped kitchen, balcony and most of them have seaview. Internal Facilities: - 24 hours reception- Heated swimmingpool with salt water (no chemicals) - Infant’s pool- Snack-bar near the pool - Lounge / TV Room- Cleaning 6 days a week (except on Sunday)- Internet - Free Wi-Fi (Wirless Internet)- Children's play-ground - Snooker and games room - Mini-Golf- Library - Guest Laundry- Sun terraces- GardensServices available at the reception- Airport transfers- Car rental- Excursions- Golf reservations- Other reservations ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your AlvorMar - Apartamentos Turisticos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alvormar - Apartamentos Turisticos Hotel Alvor
- Alvormar Apartamentos Turisticos Alvor