“Need to be Downstairs” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Need to be Downstairs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Very nice place, food was good and the couvert of trio of breads with a nice dipping sauce was the best we had.

Went to this place twice first time was downstairs, atmosphere was very good the manager was always around and was willing to chat about the food, the prices were very reasonable. when we went the second time we were upstairs this is not as good food was still nice but no atmosphere and very little contact with staff other that ordering and delivery of food.

Would recommend but try to get downstairs unless you like very quiet meals

Visited October 2013

• Polish first
swansea
“So glad we chose to eat here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Whilst finding it difficult to choose from the many places to eat in this delightful town we finally decided on Faustinossteakhouse as for one it was very busy which is usually a good sign, and also the lady at front of house was chatty but not pushy.
My wife settled on the fried mushrooms and a burger ( simple fare but really well presented and tasty). I had buffalo wings followed by the rib eye steak which was cooked perfectly to how I asked for it.
The service was both professional and friendly and it was nice to strike up conversation with fellow diners.
Should you find yourself fortunate enough to be in Alvor and there are many fine places to eat I would recommend this restaurant as one of those that will not let you down should you choose to give them your patronage.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dublin
“BEWARE OF HIDDEN COSTS!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We had been having a meal across the road in the Atrium 53 (which I highly recommend). We noticed the steakhouse from our table and decided to give it a go the following night.There was a queue waiting to be seated, but it was easier for us, being a table for two.The waiter placed bread, garlic butter and a oil dip on the table then came back to take our order. My husband had the ribs, which he said were delicious. I ordered steak and asked what it came with and was informed it was either chips, salad or vegetables. So I ordered it with chips.Lovely. Then we had a nice dessert to share (which we always do with two spoons). We asked for an extra scoop of ice cream and was informed it was no problem.When the bill arrived after the meal was finished, we thought it was a bit steep and as it was in Portuguese I asked the waiter to break it down. The long and short of it is, they charged for the bread, then my chips the extra scoop of ice cream and pepper sauce. We argued our point and when asked about chips, ice cream etc, we we not informed that it would be extra. The manager was quite rude and snapped the bill from my hand and deducted the charges from it, but made it known that he was not a'happy bunny'.There are so many fabulous restaurants to eat in Alvor that you are spoilt for choice and are served by pleasent staff who make you feel most welcome. So no, I will not be returning to this restaurant again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Steak, Ribs & Wine !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Brilliant Meal ! The best steak and ribs I have ever had. Well worth the money I would pay double. Here on holiday and stumbled across this on our travels. Cannot fault it one bit. Will definitely be making another trip before we head home in a few days. One last thing the green wine is beautiful, Light and Refeshing. Recommend any meat lover try this, Vegatiarians don't know what they are missing.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cork, Ireland
“great place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Great place to eat, lovely food and fab service. They made such a fuss over our 19month old and she loved it. Only restaurant we came across that had proper veggies on the menu for children. Extremely good value, we ate here twice while on holidays and would gladly return.

Visited September 2013