“Large rooms” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Pestana Delfim Hotel

You added Pestana Delfim Hotel to your Saves list
Pestana Delfim Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Praia dos Tres Irmaos, Alvor, Portimao 8501 904, Portugal   |
Ranked #12 of 26 Hotels in Alvor
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Large rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

For a 1 night stay this all inclusive hotel was ok. The rooms are large and airy if a little tired looking. The bed was very comfortable and everything nice and clean.
My room had a lovely view of the beach and the town of Alvor, about 15 minutes walk away.
As far as I could tell there aren't any shops in the immediate vicinity of the hotel but there is a bus stop just outside.
I didn't enjoy any of the food in the restaurant. It was over cooked, luke warm and very little choice. This may be due to it being off season and few guests. Or maybe they were eating elsewhere!
The staff in the restaurant seemed to spend their time talking amongst themselves and looking thoroughly bored, although the tables were cleared promptly. I didn't see any waiter actually speak to any of the guests.
I was only there for 1 night so the food and service may have been better at other times.
Reception and domestic staff were all very pleasant.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
DelfimHtl, Unit Supervisor at Pestana Delfim Hotel, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to gives us your opinion about our facilities and services. Unfortunately we didn’t met at all your expectations. kindly accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.
Best regards

Ricardo Teixeira
Unit Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Polish first
Kirkbride, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Having been a holiday representative for major tour operators in the Algarve I can honestly say this Hotel is by far the best Portugal has to offer. The location is brilliant next to a fabulous beach.
A walk away from the unspoilt village of ALVOR with its barbecue restaurants at the old fishing harbour.Bars , restaurants , shops and a wonderful traditional portuguese setting. My wife and I have been staying at this Hotel for our holidays for many years now and have already booked to go twice this year in june and september. It has now become our second home. Staff fabulous ,food out of this world Madalena head receptionist wonderful. Dont miss it.
PAUL A TAYLOR

Room Tip: Roomsoverlooking the pool have sea views and get most sun
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review and for recommending our hotel to other travelers. Your kind words give us the great filling of mission accomplished and we also look forward to welcome you again next year. Please let us know of your return as soon as possible.
With kind regards,

Ricardo Teixeira
Unit Supervisor
Bexhill, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

best hotel in alvor,very happy staff,helpful housekeepers do a fantastic job.great walk from hotel to beach.town of alvor is very well presented,watching the fishermen cleaning the fish for the restaurents is very enthralling.hope to go back in next 2 years.

Room Tip: upper floor is the best lovely view all around and less noise from late night revellers
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

we went here mid september 2013 hopeing not to be disapointed after reading some negitive reviews. and great we where not . very clean great staff. so a little dated how much time are going to be in the hotel or your room ? my husband and i enjoyed our holiday would recomment it.

Room Tip: rooms over looking the pools great , and mid or high floors.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Barnsley, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

This hotel has a good location, a few minutes walk and you're on a beautiful beach! However, that is as good as it gets! The hotel is poor - very dated and somewhat shabby.

The hotel inspector would have a field day! On arrival, two 1980's mannequins were the first thing I noticed in the reception area. Outside the restaurant doors could be found a horse cart! Bedrooms and bathrooms are spacious and clean but again- shabby

The food was adequate- just! Choice was very limited and again, the dining room was very dated and reminded me of a works canteen
Outside was pleasant but the pool was dirty. One guest cut his foot on glass in the pool. When he told the pool man he just shrugged his shoulders. The guest had to dive in to the pool to remove the glass himself! By the last day of our holiday, the pool was unfit to swim in. The staff were getting ready to close the hotel down and didn't seem to care that we were still on holiday. Children's play equipment was stored away and staff were unpleasant when we asked for a sun brolly. All the staff were unfriendly with the exception of the woman on reception. I would not recommend anyone to stay at this hotel until it has a major makeover. All in all a very disappointing holiday!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Mbro
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I am going to be quick in my opinion of The Pastana Delfim Location was good 4 euro's into Alvor .Views were amazing we had sea views on the 7th floor which also had views of Alvor and Lagos.Rooms were spotlessly clean as were the bathroom.Very spacious with a handy fridge to keep your water/drinks [and make-up!!!]cool.Outdoor pool was very large and people did swim in it although a few gasps were heard because it was so cold.Outdoor area was lovely lawns to sunbathe on and plenty of space one of the nicest outside area's I have seen tennis courts,a mini football pitch,besides the gym and indoor pool[very very small you would find it hard to swim in I thought it was a water feature and was looking for the fish!!I would not call it a swimming pool only for children perhaps].Drink's were good and the fresh orange juice from the bar was lovely.Large or small bottles of water whenever you needed it.Staff lovely and very hard working.Now my only complaint and by the way this is just my honest opinion,I found the food to be terrible so much so that we had to go out to eat,we didn't mind but this did let the Delfim down and quite a few people made comments about how bad the food was.Sprouts in a tomato/pasta sauce?Garlic on practically everything some people do not like garlic it was even on the breakfast tomatoes.All the cooked food seemed very oily again not all people like oily food.My husband who is not a fussy eater and will try food could not eat a lot of what was on offer.I do think people who take children to this hotel would have a difficult time getting them to eat the food.I state this is my opinion I've been to hotel's with less going for them but the food has been a lot better than the Delfim.People who I spoke to in Alvor said a lot of the client's from the Delfim were going to the village to eat and how the food had gone down hill.Sorry to say I won't go back to this hotel because of the food.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This really is a perfect hotel for golfers...the courses all within 30 mins of hotel are excellent but my biggest rating goes to the hotel and staff who were excellent for what we wanted....food was 8/10 and alcohol was plentiful.....just ask to not stay on the 3rd floor.....VERY NOISY!!!!!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Pestana Delfim Hotel? Share your experiences!