“Something special!” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Geologic Formations, Outdoors
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Something special!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

After seeing a photo of this place on Google me and my friend felt the instant need to go there on our travels. We built our whole travel itinerary around this place and it was so worth it. Such a peaceful and breathtaking area of the world which i would recommend to everyone. We also hired out a small boat and made our own tour of the Seven Sister and the rest of the Fjords. Everyone needs to go somewhere like this once in there life!!

Visited August 2012

Brisbane, Australia
47 attraction reviews
“Super-spectacular”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Love the spectacular scenery during the several-hour cruise into the fjord. The town is pleasant, too.

Visited May 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
57 attraction reviews
“Best fjord in Norway--take the ferry to see the seven sisters”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Its all its cracked up to be--spectacular views, spectacular ambience. We drove in over the mountain and took the very out to our next destination and it was one of the highlights of our trip. Better after the tourists clear out of course, but enjoyable any time.

Visited August 2012
Bergen, Norway
62 attraction reviews
“Geiranger Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Its 4th of June, the weather is overcast yet a good spell of sunshine is expected for the rest of the day, and I`m feeling rather restless. I grab my camera turn on the car and head for a 2 hour drive toward Hellesylt for a ferry cruise to Geiranger.
I pass Hornindal lake which is the deepest on continental Europe if one has to believe the locals, and I turn left and begin my climb into Hellesylt. This is a harsh country in Winter, no one ventures this way enless one has something to do here. High and sharp mountains wherever I look, snow on hilltops still very evident and may last till next Autumn. A farmer here or there ploughing the land and making it ready for a new crop. A pile of woods is out to dry, then be stored for the coming Winter. This is an unforgiven terrain, yet its so breathtaking in Summer, the fields are like a green sea of million waves with flowers floating upon it. You are always imagining what you don`t see. The secret is always palpable and never fathomed.
I reach the ferry, and we slowly drift away from Hellesylt for 1hour journey to Geiranger. I take my seat on the upper deck and notice the little town disappear gently from us. The Chinese tourists are always as busy feeding the seagulls with bread just to linger a while longer overhead and then slip their wet poop on them as a gesture of gratitude. As we enter Geirangerfjord the scenerey begins to be more exciting; a waterfall here, and a neglected farm way up on the hill there. As soon as we reach the well known Seven Sisters waterfall, I hear Edvard Grieg piece `morning` on the loudspeaker. Everyone is quiet now, but few clicks from cameras. The mountains and the music sweep you off your feet into a dreamlike state, but its the fjord that makes the mystery, the illusion, the romance and the heartache, universal in this landscape and that makes it so different from other exquisite landscapes. The more I see here, the more this sheer beauty sinks into my heart as a great experience.
I wander in Geiranger for almost 2 hours before I take the last ferry back to Hellesylt and drive home. I look in front of me and in my rearview mirror and notice I`m the only one on the road-the Lonely Rider- The green fields appear again, and my head feels like a projection screen playing back the scenes I saw few hours ago. I`m just as overwhelmed and awe inspired by this majestic landscape as I have always been.

Visited June 2013
Bluffton, South Carolina
10 attraction reviews
“Best Fjord”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is a simply gorgeous place to see. There are waterfalls everywhere. The ferry ride is well worth it!

Visited June 2013