Albergo La Foresteria : TOP MARKS
I will list why this hidden gem remains our home on our yearly visits to Tuscany.
* Perfectly situated close to the autostrada/provincial highway for Tuscan and Umbrian excursions. All major attractions are within 30 minutes to 2 hours drive (Montalcino, Montepulciano, Assisi, Sienna, Gubbio, Chianto Road, Todi....on and on). Pump in the GPS or use your map for effortless excursions to the sights of these two regions.
* Clean, comfortable and restful accommodations to recuperate from daily excursions.
* Fuel station adjacent to hotel to keep your car rental ready for trips.
* The most fantastic pizza in Italy cooked lovingly by Raphael (who is from Naples). I personally have seen Raphael pick up ingredients daily, fresh from the market to create his masterpieces that range from 4-8 EURO.....simply incredible pizzas.
* Fine for solo, couple or family travellers....rooms of all types available.
* Complimentary breakfast in the morning with artisan cakes and pastries cooked fresh daily.
* Assistance from Raphael, Mario and Luca with local outlet mall shopping, wineries and tips on bargains locally. For example, Raphael called a local "Cantina" and we purchased the famous "Brunello" wines at wholesale prices.
* Again, returning to the menu. Extensive wine list, including a bargain "rosso" and "blanco" table wine that would shame most wine lists in America. Excellent Tuscan Fare that has affordable dishes with truffles and the famous "Fiorentini" steak.
* It is reassuring to stay in a place away from home where your security and safety is not an issue. This combined with a good sleep and delicious food, make for a stress free home away from home base.
Our family has travelled Italy 22 times in the last 20 years.......Albergo la Foresteria is our Tuscan pick over all others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Foresteria, located in a central position as to the most beautiful art cities of the Tuscany and Umbria, offers a place for a very special holiday. Here it is possibile to relax yourself, in the calm of the surrouding country. The hotel is far only one km from Valdichiana tollgate and is situated in a hillock of Sinalunga town. Until few years ago it was the heart of a big factory, then a recent and accurated restoration transformed it in a welcoming holiday house which is divided in 16 rooms and three suites of very new construction. The restoration of the farmhouse, made under the direction of the architect Mietta, has been made keeping the same structural characteristics and its original charm…..walls made by stones and bricks, rafters, vaults, arches. The single rooms, with French bed, and the double rooms include Tv, heating, air conditioner, telephone, bath and fridge. Together to the services listed above the suites have also a living room, hairdryer and safe-deposit box. The price of the room includes also a really good breakfast with homemade cakes. The family running hotel places an excellent restaurant with typical Tuscan food at their guests’ disposal, a very good pizza house with wood-burning oven, a stock of a large choice of red Tuscan wines, bar, parking and a big garden where it is possible to stay to have dinner during the summer period. Everyone loves to rigenerate the body and the spirit and it is possible to do it in one of many thermal centres which can be reached in a few minutes by car from our hotel; really near there are swimming pools, golf, horse-riding centre, tennis, flying school and for shopping lovers we are far only one km from the new Valdichiana Villane Outlet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Albergo la Foresteria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo La Foresteria Sinalunga, Italy - Tuscany