My girlfriends and I stayed here for a short March break. Overall enjoyed the location in beautiful Tuscan hills despite miserable weather typical for this time of the season. Hotel has preserved well the ancient part with beautiful architectural details, interior decorations maintained in the style of the good old days, when Medici used it as their thermal get-away. We thoroughly enjoyed our spa experience, dining was decent, although we would have wanted to see more calorie-conscious offering in the hotel.
Now we had more complaints on minor issues, but in totality they cared for unnecessary aggravation and concern we were experiencing these inconveniences for the level of rates in the hotel. Let me take those nuisance issues apart:
- meeting and greeting. We arrived late a night and check-in was quick and efficient, however we did not make a tour of the facilities since it was late. We were not offered to do it not the. Ext ay, not the day after. Upsetting, since the facilities are vast and good tour wold help us enjoy the most of it. Clear improvement point - it felt a bit odd that only folks arriving during day time get the tour.
- hotel is clearly internationally acclaimed - we encountered people not only from Italy, but also Russia (many Russians) and US. Would it totally ruin economics of the thermal spa to offer 1 newspaper in Russian and, say, financial times. Our company happened to be investment bankers, businesswomen, so it felt odd to find only local newspapers, especially given Fornteverde is part of the global hotel community. Minor, yet an irritant for international people.
- public Internet station. When was this computer acquired? Seems like last century (20, namely), as the speed was poor and one could not print. I am happy to pay for paper, but it was odd to run around trying to check-in for my flight next morning. Could be offered as service - nice gesture and takes away some of the stress of international travel.
- management should occasionally visit and use the spa themselves. If they do they would found out that in the BioAquam spiderwebs are prominently present on the ceiling and once can marvel :-) the view floating on the back. Some partitions might need a treatment against the mold.
- reception. While mostly friendly, lack of efficiency manifested itself in our company having to wait for slowly printing bills AFTER we asked on the way to dinner to print not to waste time after dinner. We clearly were not heard or preferred not to be heard, so waking up early next morning was needed to sort out the bill. I think, if they (reception) would see it from the customer shoes some minor improvement of listening skills would enhance our customer experience. Russian speaking Katia "installed" to cater to the needs of the Russians might not understand the point "cool" is not the same meaning as "friendly"; my girlfriends and I shared the sense of getting a discouraging cold responses with the clear irritation tone of Katia's voice. Dear Katia, if you continue with this attitude, Russians will not necessarily will stop coming here, but they will voice their displeasure with your attitude, tone and unfriendly demeanor until you either get it or the hotel hires more service-oriented person, who will enhance the revenue and not generate such feedback. My party clearly did not enjoy interaction with you!
Notwithstanding my developmental feedback for the hotel, other service functions, namely waiters, room maids and valet were delightful and very service-oriented. Spa personnel was exceptional - well worth the trip.