“Disappointed that it was rated so well” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Disappointed that it was rated so well”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I was very disappointed that this restaurant was so highly rated! The food was mediocre at best, atmosphere was good, but the service was horrible. They only had one waitress who must have been cooking the food also because it took forever to get each course. When we asked for more wine, it never arrived. Don't waste your time going to here when there is a Michelin star restaurant in the same area!

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
cinziachessa, Proprietario at Il Feudo del Vicario, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Are you sure you ate at Feudo del Vicario????
I'm not sure.
Greetings from Italy!

93% Recommend
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
“good value, relaxed atmosphere, great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We spent a relaxing couple of hours over lunch in this delightful, traditional restaurant in the historical centre of Anghiari. Highlights included the mixed bruschetta antipasto and ravioli con pecorino. I had the beef fillet, with a delicious orange and balsamic vinegar sauce. My 11-year-old daughter had beef strips with bacon and rosemary. Highly recommended!
Arta, who served us, was charming and helpful throughout. All in all, a great experience.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Unimpressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We chose this restaurant for our last night in Italy and I was disappointed. We were seated on the terrace, which I found slightly claustrophobic, but the real letdown was the food. The pasta with truffles was sticky and lumpy, and the chicken with arugula was extremely ordinary. My husband's pork morsels in sauce was uninteresting. This restaurant seemed to us highly overrated.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sint-Truiden
“Honest and good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Visiting Anghiari in Italy means enjoying the ancient city and of course searching for a place to eat. We had the opportunity to stay in Angiari for two weeks... and we found an excellent restaurant: 'Il feudo del Vicario'. Because we were in Anghiari for a longer time we tried the entire menu ! The food, prepared by the excellent chef Antonio, who has a gift for seasoning, makes a man who loves to eat silent. His Wife Cinzia and the most amusing waitress Arta serve the food in the best Italian style you could ever wish.We already booked the hotel for next year... I'm looking forward to eat at "Il Feudo" again...

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Arezzo
“A new discovery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

I have been visiting Anghiari for years and never found my way to Il Fuedo but on a recent rainy day while visiting my favorite little museum around the corner , my friends and I stopped in.
Two young servers Atra and Daniel were so cordial and accommodating...the food very good and generous I do not hesitate to recommend this charming place. Although i try to avoid tourist restaurants and prefer local places without loud tourists, I will go back to this place without hesitation. Enjoy

• Visited April 2012