“nice location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel La Terra

You added Hotel La Terra to your Saves list
Hotel La Terra
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Gaspare Petrarolo 16, 72017 Ostuni, Italy (Formerly La Terra Rione Antico)   |
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Ostuni
tokyo
“nice location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

near to the center of old town. and nice, friendly and young staffs were so good.
pretty and comfort room and beauty robby.
you will be able to access many view points of Ostuni from La Terra.
Ostuni is so lovely town.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Stevenage, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed in August 2013 for 6 nights. The room was a little spartan but very clean and had a lovely terrace opposite. The location was ideal to explore this pretty town. The staff were great and could not have been more helpful and efficient. A special mention for Frencis who helped us for many hours over the phone when we were stranded 100 kms away on a Sunday night with a dead car. When abandoned by intolerant rescue services, he liaised and negotiated and effectively saved us! Nothing was too much trouble for him. I would go again and would thoroughly recommend the hotel

Room Tip: Adjacent to the terrace
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed here for one night while passing through Ostuni. The location is ideal for those who want to be in the middle of things. The room was clean and average in size. The service was outstanding! We were greeted by Fausta who helped us with all of our questions. She was very patient, helpful, friendly, and spoke excellent english.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sheffield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

As other reviewers have said, this is an ancient residence which has been very imaginatively modernised/restored. It's unique in its layout, and you won't avoid the up and down again steps which appear every couple of yards, it seemed. Even so, (and I hate steps!) I'd stay again for it's charm.
There is a little outside terrace on the third floor, but it poured with rain while I was there so I didn't use it until towards the end of my stay. I think that there was another roof terrace somewhere but I didn't find it.
I have to say that I was rather glad that no one else was using it either as my bedroom window opened onto it!
You go outside to access breakfast, which is in the adjoining restaurant. Other than at breakfast, the restaurant seems to be independently run and owned, but I'm not sure. The breakfast was fine, to me. Lovely creamy yoghurt in a big bowl! Lots of cake again, but that's what they eat in Italy. There was also bread, cheese and ham, and boiled eggs.
I ate in the restaurant, the San Pietro twice and I'd advise anyone to give it a try. It's much better value than anywhere else in the town as far as I could see, unless you're just after a pizza, of course. I'm adding a separate review for this restaurant, it's worth it.

The hotel is well situated in the middle of the historical centre of this intriguing town, piled higgledy-piggledy in top of the hill. It isn't possible to get a car right to the door, and I'm not sure what they do about parking, but clearly there's an arrangement to be made.
The hotel staff will arrange for a car to take you to Brindisi airport for 50 euros, which isn't bad value. BTW, note that if you arrive at the railway station there is no taxi stand: I rang the hotel and they sent one for me. I wouldn't think about walking - it might only be a couple of kms or so, but it's vertically uphill!!
Yes, I'd stay here again, and would recommend it. It's a small hotel with a warm welcome.

• Stayed April 2013
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We recently stayed here over Easter. The hotel is centrally placed in the old town. Rooms are larger than average; clean and well-appointed.Franca, Fausta,Alessandro and all could not have been more helpful and friendly . In a word, perfecto!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I really liked this hotel. Great location, very nice ambiance, nice breakfast, very good price and friendly people.
My room was under the roof (3rd floor) and had 3 small windows with great view of city. Be warned staff speaks very little English but still quite helpful. Furniture is antique and has its own charm.

Room Tip: My room was under the roof (3rd floor) and had 3 small windows with great view of city. Be warned st...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We loved Hotel La Terra. We stayed here at the end of August. Originally we had rented an apartment closeby but when we realized it did not have air conditioning (the apartment was 40 degrees!), we left it and found Hotel La Terra as an amazing refuge. What a treat and reasonably priced. Lovely furnishings typical of the region, very hospitable and friendly staff (some speak English better than others, but it's easy to get by), all the ammenities of a five star hotel with great views and although right in the middle of the city it was quiet. We found this hotel as the perfect place to relax and enjoy what Ostuni has to offer. We played cards at night and drank wine on one of the terraces before going out to join the hustle and bustle of summer in the main square. There are tons of restaurants closeby too. I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel La Terra? Share your experiences!