“Stayed for 2 lovely weeks” 4 of 5 stars

You added Argonauta Hotel to your Saves list
Argonauta Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Parikia 84400, Greece   |
Ranked #11 of 46 Hotels in Parikia
“Stayed for 2 lovely weeks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in August of 2012 and the reason I'm writing this review as I was shown how to look up hotels through trip advisor by Fundee boutique hotel staff in phuket. I did not know about trip advisor until I was told about it by that hotel staff and I'm so glad they did as I will always look at hotels prior to going to the hotel now by tripadvisor. Now this hotel is friendly clean and great location. I'm Greek myself but work in BKK thailand. My parents come from the island of korfu and I mainly travel to the Greek island. I also travel in thailand as I work there. This hotel was nice neat small but in a good location and the staff are nice and accommodating. I do recommend this hotel based on location and price

Room Tip: Eat in the restaurant next door great Greek food
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Greek first
Terrigal, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Very welcoming staff. The room was comfortable and the decor was stylish. Big courtyard off the rooms upstairs was a bonus.
Location could not be better, short walking distance to ferry, bus, beaches and the main section of town.
The breakfasts provided were excellent and the dinners we had there were of a very high quality.
Everything presented by the hotel was way above the norm - there was a very positive atmosphere throughout the place. Would definitely go back if we ever get the opportunity to visit Paros again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
bournemouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I and two friends stayed at the Argonauta self catering apartments set just a little back from the main hotel in a quaint little street in the main village of Parikia on Paros in the beautiful Cycladic islands of Greece.
We had a lovely apartment for three people which was comfortable and well equipped. The best part was the beautiful garden which had lemon and pomegranate trees laden with fruit, plus bougainvillea everywhere and geraniums and many other lovely flowers. The garden had tables and chairs and loungers and shady parts and a lovely hammock and space to hang your bikinis after a lazy day at the beach!
We had a lovely time there and would highly recommend it. We'll be back!
The only negative was the pillows on the beds, but this is common in Greece! Take your own if you can.

Room Tip: Units at the back are quieter, but this is already a quieter location.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This summer me and my friend decided to go to Paros for our holidays. It was the first time we went there. Sister of my friend gave suggestion of Argonaura hotel. It was a nice stay.
Rooms are a little bit small, like most rooms to let or small family hotels are in Greece. Nice Cycladic decoration and architecture. Receptionists were very friendly as it is usual all around Greece. I like to use internet every now and then and my friend had laptop with her, so Wi-Fi was great. Breakfast was as I expected from this type of hotel, nice one. Location is very near a fast food place that seemed closed at times, a nice bakery, only 200 metres or so from the port. and a quick walking from many shops and good beaches. Boat for Antiparos island leaves near by too.. Aronauta is by a main walking street, so busy area at times. We were not in Paros for sleeping but for enjoying and go out at night, but one night we felt tired and had stayed in room early at night, and it was pretty noisey.Maybe a problem if you plan to sleep early at nights. In general a very comfortable stay for us.
I want to say something that it is not about this hotel specificaly, but about Paros in general . I can find a similar room on mainland or less busy islands for half price of what we paid. Friendly personel is a rule in Greece, filoxenia is a Greek word! And I am always waiting people to be hospitable and friendly, so it is not like this hotel was something exceptional on that opinion. Hotel was very clean and tidy, but all hotels in Greece are. Rooms were comfortable but small and nothing extreme comparing to other places we have go. Wi-Fi is not a rule, but most places have it now. So, why to pay so expensive price on this hotel? Just because it is Paros? It is a busy island and Parikia is the large town, yes, but Naxos is too and my cousins stayed there in a similar room as she said to me, for 40 euro/night! Bars, taverns, everything to Paros maybe 30-50% more expensive than saying Lefkas or Pilion that I used to holiday a lot.
I had a good holiday in Paros, but I spent much more than I was thinking. Next time it is Lefkas or mainland for me!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away of busy street .
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for one week and was happily surprised at the standard - I'd rate it 4 stars (for Greece).

As others have said the rooms are tastefully styled and feel spacious due to the french doors and juliet balcony. Bathroom basic but clean and functional - all you need. I was in room #13 - which overlooked the square and was bright and breezy.

The internet speed and reliability just fantastic - which was important for me as I was doing lots of work. There were also several English tv stations + CNN and BBC News.

The staff were all lovely and spoke perfect English. Hotel is located in the main square of Parikia and although their restaurant provided good food there are also many other nearby options.

I would definitely recommend to family and friends and stay here again if returning to Paros - a fabulous 3 star hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Worth every moment/euro!!!!

I stayed at argonauta hotel for 4 days in August and enjoyed my stay the most! Home away from home!
Very well decorated, in the colours of green and blue situated in the center of the old town.

The rooms are arranged around a nice patio where you can have your breakfast or enjoy your book in the afternoon!!!!

A plus: The Argonauta restaurant. Very tasty mediterranean dishes + Homemade desserts!!!!!!!!!

A wonderful experience. I will certainly go back there as soon as I can.
Thank you!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
geneva
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

If you prefer to stay in an center located hotel in Parikia, and in a not too expensive one, choose the Argonauta hotel. Its well located, with a friendly atmosphere. Rooms are simple but freshly renovated.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Argonauta Hotel? Share your experiences!