“A quiet place with its own authentic atmosphere, excellent restaurant!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Clostermanns Hof

Save Saved
You added Hotel Clostermanns Hof to your Saves list
Hotel Clostermanns Hof
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Heerstrasse, 53859 Niederkassel, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany   |
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Niederkassel
Aachen, Germany
“A quiet place with its own authentic atmosphere, excellent restaurant!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

A nice countryside place, well maintained and very attentive staff. Close to the Cologne CGN airport. The right place for having a wedding party, business group meetings or trainings - when overnight stay(s) are needed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
New York City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

This place looks lovely, but the devil is in the details. It is in a very isolated area, so if you arrive by train and taxi, you are completely at their mercy. The nearest store, according to the front desk, is 8 to 10 km (5-6 miles) away. The hotel does not have a store, so if you need anything, you have to call for a taxi to go to the store. Arriving guests are not assured of a place in the dining room for dinner unless they made reservations ahead of time. Nobody mentioned this to me, so there was no place for me, except at an uncomfortable seat at the bar. The only other alternative was a long taxi ride to and from the nearest restaurant. Late night gatherings and parties are held in the courtyard. They can be very noisy and last until the wee hours. Closing the windows of your room reduces but does not eliminate the noise. But since there is no air conditioning, the room got very hot and stuffy with the windows closed. Although the hotel assured me ahead of time by email that all rooms had wifi, that was not the case. Even sitting in the lobby, you could not log on for more than a few minutes at a time, and then the connection would drop. So Skype calls were impossible, a major factor since cell service was also spotty, with dropped connections. They did have a single computer in the lobby with better internet access, but it, too, had dropped connections. The chair provided for it was backless and uncomfortable, and a constant parade of virus warnings marched across the lower right corner of the screen. This electronic isolation made it impossible to stay in touch with my family and my international business operations. The small closet was only equipped with 8 hangers, and I had to ask twice to get extras. The tiny safe was a joke. Maid service was uneven. Some days the room was cleaned by the time I got back from breakfast. But one day, the room not made up by 14:45, even though I asked maid twice to do it. Only after I complained to the front desk was the room cleaned. The diningroom waitstaff was cheerful and tried to be helpful for the most part. But they were clearly overworked and pushed beyond the limits. One stalwart young woman worked all 6 days I was there, from 7 am breakfast through dinner at 9 and sometimes on bar duty until the wee hours. She tried to be helpful, but the wait staff was too small, so even though she never stopped moving, service was slow. But a couple of other waitresses showed the strain. The morning waitress asked me what I wanted to drink, and when I asked for tea, told me to get my own -- she only served coffee. And one grumpy evening waitress insisted on serving me the wrong dessert, even though I told her I was allergic to it and the kitchen staff had prepared a special dessert for me. And that's the one positive thing I can say. The person in charge of the kitchen went out of her way to accommodate my special dietary needs. When they didn't have something I could eat on the menu, they consulted with me and came up with a well-prepared and tasty alternative.

Room Tip: Make sure your room does not overlook the courtyard which is very noisy, often until very late at ni...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

While visiting Holland, we went to Germany for 3 nights and stayed here. The hotel and grounds are enjoyable to look at. There is a golf course here. The staff were courteous and friendly. We were in room 225. It was very spacious and clean. The furniture was a bit worn, but the TV was new and a LCD. The bed was adequate. We really enjoyed the breakfast each morning in the dining room. Very good selection as in our group was American and Dutch. The hotel is located between Bonn and Cologne (Koln). We went one day to each. About 20-25 minute drive. Other than to eat at hotel, you will need to drive to nearest towns for restaurants. Enjoyed the stay and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room on 2nd Floor was very quiet. Never heard anything
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

Fantastic luxury hotel. We've booked a double for 49 euro due to sale and were really surprised withe its level. Absolutely exceptional service, spacious rooms, great interior. Really very nice. Parking, wi-fi - OK. Rather far from Cologne (20 minutes by car) but beautiful silent place, and its purpose is golfing, so for us it was an occasional choice.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Bergen op Zoom, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

This is the place to be after a mind-blowing conference to relax and to think things through. We were there for 4 days and the food was great and the hospitality was outstanding. We will be back at the hotel if we have to be in Cologne. So……. a great hotel and we recommend the hotel to everyone.

The only small minus is the distance to the train station but there is a shuttle bus from the hotel and then it’s only 5 minutes by the shuttle bus and 17 minutes by train to the arena.
Greetings
ACN Team Netherlands

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Bonn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2009

The hotel is well renovated and furnished to high standard, the staff are very friendly and very well trained, the best I have seen. however a quite weekend was spoilt by a noisy wedding on Saturday night, the smell of fish filled every part pf the hotel, it was till there on Sunday morning.We had a late breakfast on Sunday Morning but we were asked to leave the restaurant at 10.45 because lunch had to start, when we returned to our room at 11.05 we were locked out of our room because we should have vacated by 11.00am.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Peebles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2009

Nice hotel, but staff although friendly were inexperience. meals expensive.
We were initially not given non smoking rooms lathough requested. A wedding party the first night meant a sleepless night. We were moved to quieter rooms to avoid the noise of a second wedding the following night.
Don't take the advice of the staff to park at Porz Wahn railway station in order to go to Koln. If you park in the wrong place, (easy to do as there are no markings to show where you can park) your car will be removed and could cost you over 200euros to get it back.

Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Clostermanns Hof? Share your experiences!