“An enjoyable stay” 5 of 5 stars

Got a photo?
Add it.
You added Motel 24h Cologne to your Saves list
Motel 24h Cologne
Europaallee 3, 50226 Frechen, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany (Formerly Formule 1 Koeln West Frechen)   |
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Frechen
A TripAdvisor Member
“An enjoyable stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

A very warm welcome as always we have stayed at this hotel in Frechen many times over the years both as a couple and with friends and family when visiting the Christmas Markets and will certainly use it again as it is so wll positioned and very good hosts each time we stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

• Turkish first
Prague, Czech Republic
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

This hotel is simply awful! We ended up leaving and staying at the Ibis opposite. The hotel was full of very dodgy looking guys, they hung around the corridors and outside. As two females we felt very threatened. Our door lock failed and we had no way to secure the room and no way to contact anyone.
I would seriously advise anyone females or families with children avoiding this place like the plague. It may be cheap but it is cheap for a reason!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Frechen hotels

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

I stayed with my sister at this 'hotel' for one night, we booked simply by seeing the sign, I couldn't find online booking, so we booked by phone.
Our reason for booking is because my parents were staying in the Ibis directly opposite, but this was cheaper.
The Ibis is a budget hotel, this is beyond that. I got to see the comparison because my parents were staying there (and because they booked in advance, they got it for 34€, 1€ more than we paid for Formule 1. Shared toilets/showers (didn't use showers, toilets were a little portaloo-esque, rooms were really small, a double bed with a bunk above it. the TV didn't work well, but it didn't bother us, just jumpy.
I must credit them for having a 4€ breakfast: simple and edible...
I also liked that the doors were coded, not keys/cards.
The location, unless planning on staying IN Frechen, or you have a car, I wouldn't use to visit Cologne. You have to walk around 1km to the nearest Ubahn stop, (Haus Vorst) to get a tram into Cologne, takes a little over half an hour once on the tram.

All in all I probably woulnd't stay here again, I'd book the Ibis and pay the extra, for a better night's sleep.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Moscow
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

W have been for a night in this hotel, the check in was easy, The room was tight but what
do you want for such low price (33 EUR) ? The walls in this hotel are possibly very thin,
so you have a chance to listen everything in neighbours room.
It is not good when staying with children.
And we also get annoyed when some people chatting in the night in the corridor
Anyway, the cost of the hotel is cheap. If you grudge for 10 euros, you can choose this hotel
instead of more comfortable Etap or Ibis.

Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

Welcomed by a German guy on the desk, he was very pleasant and when he saw my British car he went straight into speaking English to me - what a guy! Thank you!

McDonalds, Burger King, Subway, large shopping centre and an electronics shop all within walking distance of this hotel. Even and all night casino if you want to throw your money away. Ok, you can hear the autobahn (a bit) but I have to say this was a great stay here, for one night only, overnight and you want a cheap hotel, what else do you want? I would DEFINITELY STAY HER AGAIN!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Athens
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

Hotel Formule 1 Koeln West Frechen is exactly as prescribed in previous reports. Tight rooms, cheap (33 euros) and easy to book but only with a credit card. The problem with this hotel is the lack of WC inside the room. There is one for the hole floor outside the room. This is unacceptable for me and thats why I dont recomment this hotel especially for families with kids.

• Stayed March 2010
Antwerpen
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

I have been for a night there, the check in was easy, Th room was tight but I knew what i has to get with the low cost price, but the problem was that at the night when we tried to sleep after a wonderful day in cologne, a group of people came to the rooms in the same floor in whicj they booked at least six rooms, and start chatting/shouting in the hall, and opening/closing their doors in a brutal way, after that we could not sleep until they decided to sleep, even though we asked them kindly to make less noise but that was effective for only 10 minutes.
What I disliked is that after 10:00 pm, nobody is there in teh hotel, so nobody to complain to.
Anyway, the cost of the hotel is cheap, and that price attracts some alienate people, next time i will put more money and have a quiet night at a more confortable hotel. I will never go to forlmuel 1 hotel again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 24h Cologne? Share your experiences!