I have no complaints about staying here - and I really don't get why people here complain. If you wanna stay somewhere nice and close to the airport then stay at the Hilton or Sheraton and pay 150 EUR.
The HIEX is a great value for the money, I see the median rate is 50 EUR, but I paid only about 35 EUR. Sure, it is a bit far from the airport, and there is no wifi in the rooms and the rooms are pretty basic. The hotel is a big generic, but it is a HIEX after all, not a Four Seasons Hotel.
The staff where pleasant, and I had no problems in checking in early. I had no problems with shuttle drivers wanting tip, like others have reported. Nor did I have problems with bugs - I saw stickers on the windows warning about these bugs when opening the window.
The room was basic, but very functional and clean. The bathroom was large and water pressure was great.
The shuttle was great as well, I though it was 5 EUR per return trip, but it is actually just 5 EUR for your whole stay - so you can take the shuttle as many times as you wish. It is 10 minutes from the airport by shuttle, and since the subway from the airport to Frankfurt city centre takes less than 15 minutes, you can actually go from the HIEX to Frankfurt city in about 30 minutes :) I did that, and it was easy and fast!
Breakfast was tasty and plentiful - and complimentary. Wired internet in the rooms are not free, but there is complimentary and fast wifi in the lobby area. Nice bar there as well, a large beer for 4-5 EUR :)
Great value for the money! I shall be back.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt-Airport Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt-Airport Hotel Morfelden-Walldorf
- Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt
- Holiday Inn Frankfurt
- Morfelden-Walldorf Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt-Airport Germany/Morfelden-Walldorf
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt Airport, your modern business hotel with the best connections to Frankfurt Airport, directly on the A5. We offer a daily shuttle service to the airport for only 5.00 Euro per person / stay. Our hotel is also right next to the ever-expanding Moerfelden Business Park. The Messe Frankfurt is world renowned and hosts international exhibitions such as Home Textiles, Premiere, Achema, the Book Fair and the International Motor Show IAA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt-Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.