“Decent German Food” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Decent German Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

My wife and I visited the Landgasthof Naturfreundehaus on a nice July evening and had a good meal at a good price. That said, it do not think it is a great place to have a last meal in Germany, as some of the other reviewers have said. I think it was just average. My wife had the tafelspitz with the Frankfurt green sauce and I had the Frankfurter schnitzel, with the same sauce. I have certainly had better tafelspitz and better schnitzel in Gremany. The atmosphere was also just OK. The biergarten is nicely shaded, but the view of the RVs and other parts of the campground are nothing special. I would have to say the service was nothing special either. It was not crowded, and most of the staff was just standing around and it was a bit difficult to get their attention. If you are staying at the Holiday Inn, it is probably a good bet, but next time I will take a cab into Morfelden and try something there. I think the cab fare would only be about 5 Euros.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

80% Recommend
Cold Bay, Alaska
“cheap, yet delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Big portions too. Schnitzel-heavy menu, but if you're staying at the Holiday Inn Express, can't go wrong eating here (200 meter walk across the busy road). Ate outside, was pleasantly surprised at the taste of our food. Made for a great last meal in Germany

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Leduc, Canada
“Excellent service and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I were staying at the Holiday Inn Express just down the street and needed a place to have supper. This restaurant was within walking distance of the hotel and was excellent! We liked it so much that we ate there again the next evening, and, of course, we had to try something different each time.

We had very good service both times we went and the food was excellent. The first time there it was raining so we couldn't sit outside. The second time was absolutely beautiful out and I would highly recommend sitting outside and enjoying the wonderful weather.

The price for the meals wasn't overly expensive for what you got and it tasted great.

I recommend eating here if you are staying nearby.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane, Australia
“HUGE VALUE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Big meals, fresh fair, cold beer, and great service. This place is great for a first or last tast of German food.

Visited June 2012
Lynnfield, Massachusetts
“One of Best Meals in Germany!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express/Frankfurt Airport. We had been told that an Italian Restaurant was within walking distance. It was. However, we wanted one last German meal and it was right next door. The quantity and quality of the food was excellent, and the price was at least 20% cheaper than other similiar meals in Germany. This place is a real sleeper and would be on my return list if I was back in the area.

Visited June 2012