“January, 2013” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Orlando, FL and Oberaudorf, DE
“January, 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

The finest dining room in the Oberaudorf area, on the German side of the Inn River, is Bernhard's. Many fine meals have been served to us over the years we have been coming to Oberaudorf, but each one seems to be better than the last! It seems I discover a new item on the menu every time I visit, which is quite often. The talented Peter Bernhard, a transplanted Swiss chef, is master of the kitchen; and his wonderful hotel is run by his charming wife, Yvonne. Friendly service, elegant surroundings, and cuisine of an international flavor all combine in this traditional restaurant, always decorated beautifully for the current season. (Be sure to reserve early, as the restaurant and the hotel are ALWAYS booked!) My favorite Caesar salad is really not a true Caesar salad, as it is served with a delicious yogurt dressing, fresh apples, and a delightful array of fresh vegetables and delicately sauteed chicken. The roschti potatoes are my most recent "find," as I generally have the schnitzel with pommes frites. Now I order the roschti, although the spatzle beckons as a heaping dish of the German "Mac and Cheese" passes by. Ah, and the goose liver pate! Still, one of our favorites when in season is the frothy pumpkin soup, with toasted pumpkin seeds heaped in the middle of the bowl. An interesting wine selection is readily available, but I still tend to head to Cafe Luckner's across the alley for dessert. Still, in the late evening, the dessert tellers are so satisfying! Perfect coffee, the German or Italian specialties, are waiting my schnapps as a nightcap. Now, how soon before I am there again...............and what new delicacy awaits my return visit, which I can only dream about for now..

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

100% Recommend
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Exellent Kitchen”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We dined there in September 2012. Modern restaurant in a traditional building.
Food was high quality and service excellent,but pricing was also higher then surrounding restaurants.
Yes we would eat there again!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London
“Very friendly with lovely food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

We very much enjoyed several meals in this restaurant during our time in the area. Very friendly and good food.

• Visited April 2011