“Good, quiet, close to Intel office, restaurants, S-Bhan” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bauer Hotel & Gasthof

You added Bauer Hotel & Gasthof to your Saves list
Bauer Hotel & Gasthof
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Muenchnerstrasse 6, 85622 Feldkirchen, Bavaria, Germany   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Feldkirchen
Sarov
“Good, quiet, close to Intel office, restaurants, S-Bhan”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Pretty good hotel. It is not big, small nicely decorated lobby. Small bar at the lobby. Really good breakfast - eggs differently cooked, sausages, pouridge, sliced different types of ham and sauseges, fish, cheese, vegetables. Different jams.Coffee on the tables, waiters are in national clothes - exciting!
Room is pretty small but ok. There is a balcony. There is a light for reading (flexible LED). Internet (wifi) is free of charge. Need to ask and renew once a day or two. Clean.
Several resturants pretty close - Flug house (german, they brew beer) 5 min, Poseidon (Greek) 10 min, Italian - (10 min), others. S-Bhan is also close - 10 min of walking.
Intel office 10 min of walking,
There was wedding event when I stayed, so was a bit noicy up to 11 or 12 PM... But they suggested me free drinks for inconvinience! :)
Good pool and sauna.

Room Tip: ask for higher floor if they have wedding event during your stay.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Moscow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Stayed there once in 2010 while traveling on biz - in a walking distance from the office. Rooms are impeccably clean. Yet very basic - single crib bed, small room, basic furniture. Yet it did have a certain charm to it and did not feel cold and unfriendly. Yet, after reading some newer reviews, I.d ask for a renovated room next time I stay there. Service at check out I was not impressed with. An old grumpy lady was somewhat impatient and impolite with me for no reason. Worth mentioning is the hotels restaurant. I do judge hotel restaurants by the tea they serve in the mornings. If it,s a Lipton tea, means hey try to save on every buck. these guys serve ronnenfield for breakfast which is a premium tea brand. My compliments to the hotel management! You can have basic rooms, yet be giving your guests special treat at breakfast. Keep at way! Dinner menu is excellent, my mouth still waters when I think of their delicious Bavarian dishes. Will stay again for sure.

Room Tip: Try the renovated rooms. They may be better. I did not get to stay in one. If looking for quiet room...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Lagos, Nigeria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Staff was friendly, can't fault that,but my booking was "misplaced" even though I had booked ages ago, nobody could find any record that I had. I was fortunate there were rooms available though, i got a really small and cold room (it was snowing) at first and then someone called to tell me they had "found" my booking. The 2nd room wasn't so bad, much bigger and obviously newer, maybe recently renovated.

(N)
The rooms were cold!!! The central heating didn't seem to work, though we were told it takes a while to kick in, mine never kicked in, I was cold for four straight nights.
There were no UK 3-pin adapters, they had but apparently all had been taken by lodgers. I should have had mine, but I really expected the hotel to have some extra.
The TV only had BBC as english speaking, there were close to 100 tv stations, but just one english speaking.

(Y)
Nice staff
really good food at the Bauer restaurant, duck was great
I loved the breakfast, nice spread, the croissants were just divine

Will I stay there again, maybe not, will probably stay in town next time. If you have business in Feldkirchen, great, if not, I think finding somewhere closer to the city centre would be better, where one can do a bit of shopping and some sightseeing.
Really nice and peaceful setting, if you want that

Drachselsried, Bayerischer Wald
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

It's great when checking to find friendly helpful staff. As this was a December visit I used the underground car park, with direct access into the hotel.

Rooms very clean and comfortable. The rooms have a balcony and for the smokers, there is an ash tray, and even a box of matches was provided. It is the small things that make a visit to this hotel a pleasure.

Try the heated indoor swimming pool, perfect. This hotel is situated close the the Munich Exhibition centre and it can be hard to get a room during exhibitions, book early

Room Tip: The swimming pool and breakfast are top class.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Seabeck
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I spent six nights here during the Electronica 2012.
My room was ready when I checked in. I asked for a big bed since I am a big guy so I was surprised to see two single beds in my room once I entered. So back down and I asked for another room. As we had many rooms reserved for our company I figured it would be easy to give this room to someone that would spend one or two nights and was way smaller than me. So I thought. We had to get the person in charge of our bookings come down so she could give her OK. It was not possible to get this OK over the phone. So on to my room and now I had a Queen size bed and it was even a renovated room. For a German hotel room, the room was very spacious. I was able to open the window and the door to the balcony. The TV did not work as it timed down from 5 minutes and then turned itself off each time I turned it on. I was told I needed to change from Analog to Digital TV in order to make it work. Sadly I was the only one that had to do it this way but at least it worked. The bathroom had a decent size and the shower was good with enough pressure and enough warm water. I had a small work desk and a small closet which gave me enough space to get my suitcase unpacked.
The bad part was, that my room faced the main road and entrace. This meant that everybody who left the hotel to smoke, smoked right under my window and since my door and window where open all night I had a smokey room. Also, whenever a party left the building to do the common yelling on the street, they did it under my window. In the morning the deliveries came, so starting at 5 AM I had a coming and going of trucks etc.
The blanket was way too short and if you would have two people in this room, one would need to sleep without a blanket as you can not get a second one. So bring your own if you can :-)
Breakfast was nice and had everything you and I want. They gave us enough time to eat (6 AM - 10.30 AM) so no need to hurry unless you have to.
There was a pool and sauna which I did not test.
The service staff was very attentive during breakfast and dinners.
The only bad thing about the service staff was that the head waiter who trained a girl talked her down in fron of us (the customer) and then gave us attitude when we asked him not to do this in front of us.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed here for one night. A short, 20 minute walk from the S2 station. Staff was nice. Breakfast was good. Room was comfortable. My company prefers me to stay at this hotel and I don't see any reason not to use it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Bauer hotel has a special place in my heart because I have stayed there many times and I have always liked the stay. It is not a luxury hotel in any way and it does not have to be that because it has something else that not many other hotels have - cosy feeling, stability, trust, friendliness. These are parameters that are so important. I always remember the ceiling in the main restaurant, it was done in this typical Bavarian style and I both liked it and disliked it at the same time - let me say it had charm. I remember many breakfast sessions looking up in that ceiling and eating my omelett and drinking my coffee. Now they have redesigned many of the rooms including the restaurant ceiling and this is actually rather nice, they have managed this perfectly and to me it is still Bauer Hotel even if you have a much more modern touch with flat screen TVs, RFID locks, modern and very nice beds...but the breakfast is the same and you can still ask for this wonderful omelett.

If you are somewhere in Feldkirchen, Bauer Hotel is always a good choice.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep with your window open you should ask for a room facing away from the main stree...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Bauer Hotel & Gasthof? Share your experiences!