“Out of this World - Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Fellbach Stuttgart

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Fellbach Stuttgart to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Fellbach Stuttgart
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Tainer Street 9, 70734 Fellbach, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany (Formerly Classic Congress Hotel)   |
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 30%
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Fellbach
London, England
“Out of this World - Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

For the tenth time we returned to the Classic Congress. Having visited many hotels in both Germany, Europe and the UK, I have to say tthat the Classin Congress is by far the best. If you are able, DO pay this hotel a visit. Not only the facilities, the breakfast bar and the atmosphere are wonderful, but the staff are so friendly. For a hotel to show so much concern for its visitors is amazing. Try it if you can.

Room Tip: Comfort Plus includes a free mini-bar
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Southampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

I stayed in the hotel on a business trip and was welcomed by very friendly staff. Everyone I met was very polite and helpfull.
The rooms are well equiped with minibar, flat screen TV, a comfortable bed and a basic bathroom. Everything is clean and in working order but dated. The bathroom especially is about 25 years old. Like most hotels in Germany do not expect any toiletries in the bathroom other than soap.
A complimentary bottle of water in the room was a nice welcome given the warm temperatures.
Rooms on the park side are quiet and offer a good night's sleep.

I would use the hotel again if on business in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Stuttgart, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

My wife and I moved to Stuttgart about six weeks ago, and we spent several weeks living in a hotel in the city until our apartment was ready. We decided to stay at the Classic Congress hotel for our last two night before we moved in to our apartment, based largely on the reviews here on Tripadvisor. What a disappointment.

The first thing we noticed was that the hotel was in the middle of nowhere. We are city people, so I admit we are biased, but it was dead quiet here. We were impressed when we walked into the lobby/dining area, which is really nice, and we were impressed by the English language skills and professionalism of the staff at the check-in desk. Then we went to our room, and that's when the disappointment took hold. It was extremely cheaply furnished (on par with a Motel 6 in the United States), a crappy (no pun intended) bathroom - also very cheaply outfitted, and a small TV with only three English-speaking stations (all news channels). No pay-per-view, and a view of an admittedly pretty park area out our window, which sadly only increased the feeling of isolation and solitude we felt. What surprised us most was the check-in staff told us how lucky we were because we were staying in a newly-renovated room! If that is what their new rooms look like, I'd hate to see the old rooms. My wife and I kept debating whether the hotel reminded us more of a rehab clinic or a low-budget retirement home. Two words best sum up our feelings about the Classic Congress: cheap and isolated. Perhaps if you're a suburban type who wants to enjoy some peace and quiet, you may love this place. However, if you're like us and want to be in the middle of things, you'll go out of your mind here and I would highly recommend the Park Inn by Radisson, next to the Marienplatz in Stuttgart. We ended up staying only one night at the Classic Congress - we checked out early and slept on a mattress in our empty apartment just to get out of there.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Arnhem
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

I was booked here for 2 night for a business meeting.
The hotel has a roomy and quiet atmosphere in the general areas such as the atrium and the breakfast room. At the bar (located at the front) there are several tables and lounge chairs. Bar service was prompt even when sitting outside, they even bother to ask you for a refill when they walk past.
Breakfast was extensive and of great quality.
There are some tables outside where you can have your breakfast in summer time.
The parking spaces were more than adequate for the number of guests and they charge you a lower daily rate as a guest than when parking on the "meter".

My room was at the end of a hall (rm 131) which is a smoking room for single use with a queen sized bed and 2 very soft pillows. Soft pillows are not my cup of tea but this is what you find in most German hotels (daft as this may sound, I always bring my own firmer pillow) All in all the room was spacious had a chair and a foot rest, a desk with internet connection, mini bar with standard drinks such as soft drinks and beer. Thankfully these rooms have an airconditioner as during my stay it was about 35degC( 95degF) during the day.
The hotel can be easily reached by car as well as a tram line that stops in front of the hotel.
During the night there were no back ground noises from oustide traffice not guests.

Price wise it was steep € 169 per night incl breakfast, nevertheless it was worth the money, which is why I rated the value in the middle.

There is a sauna which I did not use obviously given the daytime temepartures I prefered to take a cold shower in stead.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2010

Yes! Again we were in Stuttgart for the Christmas Markets and revisited this hotel. I have never found a fault in the operation of the hotel. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the mini bar is restocked daily. The Breakfast bar is containing almost anything you could eat and the staff are so friendly. It is idealy situated for access to Stuttgart, (the U1 street car stops immediately outside the hotel). I am a man who is never afraid to complain, but have never in several visits to this hotel found one fault. TRY IT IF YOU CAN! I highly recommend it.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

Visiting the Stuttgart Weindorf gave us another opportunity to visit this fantasic hotel. We spent 14 nights there and would highly recommend it to anyone visiting the Stuttgart area.

The staff are so friendly, the Breakfast bar is superb, the rooms are spotlessly clean and comfortable and the location is ideal for quietness and yet easy reach of Stuttgart.

If you want an out of this world experience give THE CLASSIC CONGRESS a try.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2010

I spent several different nights at the hotel. The rooms were clean and nice. Also, the hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Will stay there again on my next trip.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Fellbach Stuttgart? Share your experiences!