“Great wellness and good food on the rooftop” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PREMIER Hotel Park Consul Stuttgart/Esslingen

You added BEST WESTERN PREMIER Hotel Park Consul Stuttgart/Esslingen to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PREMIER Hotel Park Consul Stuttgart/Esslingen
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Grabbrunnenstrasse 19, 73728 Esslingen am Neckar, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany   |
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 30%
Berlin, Germany
“Great wellness and good food on the rooftop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We were staying for a night as we were just passing thru before heading home from our holiday in Italy and Switzerland. After a long drive, it was so nice to relax at the wellness area of this hotel and awesome that we were the only ones there. After that, we enjoyed very much a sumptuous dinner on the rooftop. The personnel at the front desk and at the restaurant were very efficient and friendly, definitely I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bergen, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

This is a nice, modern hotel who could be a bit more than it is.

The breakfast is very, very good. Also the hotel is very well kept and clean, with a open and comfortable reception area. The rooms are nice and if they put a bit more effort into detail, this hotel could one day give you this feeling of being in a really good hotel. I felt like they were trying, but not fully succeeding. The prices are a bit steep for the quality you get.

On hotels.com it said that parking was free, but this was not the case (perhaps because of hotels.com). The parking facilities are however easy to find and very practical, but it costs 12 euros per day. When we arrived the room was made ready for one person, even though the booking said there was two us. This caused quite a few phone calls to the reception to get things fixed. However, they were really fast and effective, and within 20 minutes we were all set. However, this should be basic info to get right when you`re running a hotel.

Esslingen is beautiful, and it is easy to get into Stuttgart using the S-bahn. All in all, we had a good stay in Esslingen.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
skersten, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Hotel Park Consul Stuttgart/Esslingen, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear "Ingvild775"
thank your for your feedback on TripAdvisor.
You are right, we had the problem that on ceratin homepages was given the information to our guests that we provide free parking. But after a few forcefully phone calls everything is correct now.
Hope you will come back and see us again soon!
BEST regards from Esslingen
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I enjoyed Esslingen much, its a lovely medivil city, however I stayed in Best western hotel for a week as a business trip accompanied by my family, I was greatly disappointed by Best western, considering that its a well know american chain. The staff were rude especially the reception, once I asked them for a late checkout, because I had a family and I can understand if they refuse, because sometimes of the reason of overbooking, however when I asked them the receptionist were angry and shouting at me for no definite reason pretty strange!, the cleanliness of the rooms are average. the service is below average, and finally the rooms are pretty small.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Turin, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

I travel to Esslingen since 10 years for business reasons. As the hotel I normally use was fully booked, I decided to take a room @ Park Consul. Honestly the experience I've had is pretty disappointing, compared to the rate I paid.
I booked an executive city-view room (a bit more expensive than the Superior one) which was located on the third floor just beside elevators. Unfortunately such room is facing over the lounge and bar area and has only one door between your dreams and the people drinking at the bar. These kind people decided to have a party that ended a bit after 1am... so my sleep was very short. Other strange fact, while I was wrapping up my stuff in the morning (it was around 8am) somebody knocked lightly at the door and immediately after went in. This means that, even if you have to put your key card into its slot to turn lights on, this does not have any connection with housekeeping.
Nothing major, the hotel is new and modern with a lot of facilities I did not check out, but having paid 200+ for 1 person and 1 night I would have expected more.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I spent 4 days here for business. The room I had was large, very clean, and certainly met my needs. The overall property is well maintained, and we did have a beer or two in the bar area which is also very nice. The breakfast, as other people have noted, was excellent. The hotel is about a mile walk from the train station, which can be reached via a nice walk on a quiet cobblestone road and then through Esslingen’s pedestrian area. Also, the front desk staff was very helpful when we needed recommendations and a taxi. The only minor complaint is the exercise room is sparse on equipment, specifically only one treadmill (one stair climber, and one bike) which was being used when I tried to use it. Overall, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
skersten, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Hotel Park Consul Stuttgart/Esslingen, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear "Kevin S",
wow, what a great feedback! Thank you so much for taking the time to give such a detailed description of your impressions and experiences. Maybe you come back for Business in summer, then you can enjoy the beautiful view from our roof top terrace with a glas of cold beer!
All the BEST for you, hope to see you again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

A very nice hotel with everything you could wish for. The breakfast is the best I have ever had in Germany, and I have had a few!
The staff was very professional and friendly, and everything seemed in perfect order.
The Sauna, steam bath, fitnesscenter and the roof top terrace all looked very nice and inviting, but we did not use it though. The Wifi was also working perfect.
Esslingen is a charming town with beautiful buildings and a great history that definately is worth visiting.
A great hotel that I recommend and wish to stay in Again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
skersten, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Hotel Park Consul Stuttgart/Esslingen, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear "rikke-louise",
Wow, what a fantastic feedback! We are so happy hearing that you had a great stay with us and in Esslingen. This town is very beautiful also in summer, so if you ever visit Germany again, just come back and enjoy another stay with us!
Have a good time and
BEST regards,
Cupertino, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Stayed here for 6 days on a business trip. The hotel is located right at the edge of the historic and traditional town of Esslingen which makes it very convenient to walk to shops, plazas and restaurants in the old town. The hotel was very clean, the staff very polite and helpful, the breakfast (included in price of stay) was very good and the rooms clean and spacious. There is no wi-fi access in the rooms; gotta use a network cable, provided by the hotel, to connect to the internet. This means that your smart phone or tablet does not have internet access from the room. There is wi-fi in the hotel lobby, which I found very spotty and not reliable. The water in the hot tub in the top floor was just lukewarm and not hot, as I would have liked it. Both the times I asked for an appointment for a massage the masseuse seemed to be in a rush; she was available during the day when I was at work and not available during the evenings.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
skersten, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Hotel Park Consul Stuttgart/Esslingen, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear "cupertinogurl",
thank you for taking time to give us such a detailed feedback. We are happy to hear that you had a comfortable stay. Good News: we are already working on getting WIFI in the room. We will start the installation these days and then it won't take long until we'll have WIFI everywhere in the hotel.
Hope you are coming back soon to visit us again.
BEST regards from Esslingen
Front Office Manager

Been to BEST WESTERN PREMIER Hotel Park Consul Stuttgart/Esslingen? Share your experiences!