“A culinary delight in Beaumes...NOT TO BE MISSED!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: DOLIUM RESTAURANT CHANGE THE HEAD CHEF ,NOW IT's fabrice martindisciple d'escoffier ,membre de l'cademie culinaire de france.
London, United Kingdom
“A culinary delight in Beaumes...NOT TO BE MISSED!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

A restaurant connected to a wine cooperative wouldn't have been my instinctive first choice for a romantic meal with my better half (the missus) but boy, would I have missed out! A Friday evening in February was extremely slow but the husband and wife team had the restaurant open for a handful of guests....even calling us around the booking time to make sure we weren't lost! The menu options were an out of this world good value at EUR 31 for appetizer, and main. When I saw the deserts, I had to throw in the moeulleux au chocolat...certainly one of the best I've EVER had and the mojito sorbet on the side was...WOW!

The wine served optional with the menu is sourced from the cave and very reasonably priced. I enjoyed the Levant Mistral and Counchant Mistral so much, a visit to the cave was in order the following morning. Of course, there is also a decent wine menu having a range of wines.

The ambiance is soothing and music relaxing. A very smart decoration mixing contemporary with local charm. the only improvement I can suggest is a relocation to beautiful "mas" property with views to match the cooking.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Huntington Beach, California
“Simply delightful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Organizing a yoga retreat in Provence, I picked this restaurant for an evening dinner with 12 people after some research about different dining options in the area. I've contacted Mme Martin via email and was perfectly and competent accommodated from the first moment on.
She provided me with a proposal for menu choices and accompanying beverages (see below), I've sent her back the information, what my guests palates were looking forward to and the fact that one person opted for a vegetarian alternative was not a problem at all. When we arrived two weeks later, everything was perfectly arranged, we were spoiled and pampered with a delicious, top quality meal, which definitely met our high expectations. An attentive, friendly service was an added value and there is no doubt, that I 'll be back at 'Le Dolium', when I'll be in the Vaucluse again.
Also: The Price-Value relation is excellent!

Mme Martin's proposal:
Les entrées
Raviole de foie gras poêlé aux champignons du moment
Ou
Brochette de gambas à la vanille, rizotto d’épeautre

Les plats
Charlotte d’agneau aux aubergines confites , jus au senteurs de garrigues
Ou
Dorade royale rôti, rouille de fenouil

Les desserts
Moelleux au chocolat
Ou
Salade d’ananas rafraichie à la menthe fraiche

Pour les vins je fais une selection uniquement de la cave de Beaumes-de-Venise donc c’est bon !!
Cocktail Maison Champagne–Pêche, Café, Eau.

Visited September 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Excellent, as always, never fails to please”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We have enjoyed meals at Le Dolium almost every year since it opened. This year was the best, despite the adverse climatic conditions above us! Small restaurant both inside and out. Yes it does face on to the car park of the Beaumes de Venise cooperative cave next door, but its hidden by smart bushes and certainly no problem in the evening. Modern style, plain decor. Food far from it. Classic with a twist, simple yet complex, well presented and prepared. The E31 3 course menu is excellent. Yes its a limited choice of 2 or 3 per course BUT, we received some excellent nibbles, even though we didn't order an aperatif, an amuse bouche, entree, plat and dessert. Dessert came with a complimentary glass of Muscat BdV. You'd normally apy an extra E15 for these things. Wine is excellent choice, varied, not just from the Cave. And at E13 for an excellent white, you really cannot go wrong here. Even offered a fleecey shoulder throw as it was a bit breezy that evening.
Staff attentive, efficient and lively.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Frankfurt, Germany
“Very nice evening!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We spend an evening at the Dolium 10 days ago and were very surprised of its quality and creativity. The restaurant is attached to the local wine cooperative and does not look too fancy from the outside. But what they put on the plate was just great given the fact the menu costs 31 EUR. I have not eaten anywhere better during my stay in France for a similar price! The advantage of the wine cooperative is that the bottles are rather cheap for what you are getting. All in all we spent a fabolous evening in Beaume-de-venise!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jacksonville, FL
“Every plate a delicious surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

The restaurant itself is not imposing, nor is it particularly big, but what the chef coaxes out of his kitchen is amazing. Le Dolium is attached to the wine cooperative for Beaumes-de Venise France which insures the wines will be good, but I had no idea the meal would be such a star. At first I thought it expensive at 31 € for Entrée, Plat and Dessert but trust me everything is worth it. We ordered an aperitif of one of their excellent white Muscat and with it there was delivered to our table a cold asparagus soup, a few olives de Nyon and some home-made paté that had it been in my power to do I would have simply said “keep bringing this please”. This bit of heaven would be kind of like Harry Connick Jr. opening for Michael Buble, you’re waiting for the main event but you are sad when the opening set is over. Then darned if they don’t bring out Diana Krall! What followed was a leek custard that would make you weep and we are not even to the entrées yet! Rather than describe our entire meal, which is just going to make me sad and hungry, I’m going to suggest you try it for yourself. Make reservations, make sure you try the different Muscat (including a delicious red), and under no circumstances opt for the 4 course meal unless you have an hour or two to sleep it off later because you will not be able to move. A fantastic restaurant, delivering at well above their cost and with a superb wine carte. It seldom gets better.

• Visited May 2013